NHL'94 Forums

how do open Roms i keep getting,code 31:there is no application associated with the given filename extension.

With VSNES, you actually open a savestate, not a ROM. So you play the ROM in an emulator, then do a save, then when you try to load a rom in vsnes, you'll see some savestates in the right part of the load window. select the savestate you are interested in.

Hope that helps.. if not, ask again and I'll see what I can do..

With VSNES, you actually open a savestate, not a ROM. So you play the ROM in an emulator, then do a save, then when you try to load a rom in vsnes, you'll see some savestates in the right part of the load window. select the savestate you are interested in.

Hope that helps.. if not, ask again and I'll see what I can do..

Ok so its a save editor thanks for your help. :D

Whats VSNES?

you can inspect savestates, and see the graphics and layers and crazy stuff.. i don't really understand it. but it'll be important for decompressing the SNES ROMs since you can see where in memory graphics are stored to, then you can work backwards and find the code in the ROM that writes to that area of memory..