NHL'94 Forums

GDL IIHF-style rankings

smozoma

IIHF Ratings as of GDL 7

Carse moves up to 2nd, but can't catch kgman who retains 1st spot.

IceStorm70 was poised to take over the lead, but his 5th place finish prevented it.

FlamingPavelBure and Freydey both move up 10 spots to 7th and 9th, respectively. Both have ~20th places finishes on the books that will expire, so will continue to climb next season unless they implode.

Habs's continued lack of playoff success hurts him again, as he drops 4 spots to 13th.

I feel like Casey Kasem.

Zalex moves up 6 from 20th to 14th, and Bo "knows"-dives from 11th to 19th.

Up for IIHF ratings expiration next season: dmac, Jamonica, sonicxxx, sungod, GDL 1 champ takeyourpill, SSiG.

post-253-077855500 1281722275_thumb.png

Details:

Since the old GDL site is broken, my rankings from GDL 4 and 5 are not exact because I have no way to calculate OTL points, so those rankings are based just on W/L/T (which probably hurt me in GDL4 because I had a billion OTL points).

I might also have GDL6-7 rankings a bit wrong since I can only see team-based stats for a season, not coach-based stats, so replaced coaches are missing and replacement coaches inherit their predecessor's record.

At the end of each season, you get points.  The values of the top 10 positions:

Rk   Value	Dif
1	 1200	+40
2	 1160	+40
3	 1120	+20
4	 1100	+40
5	 1060	+20
6	 1040	+20
7	 1020	+20
8	 1000	+40
9	  960	+20
10	 940	+20

From 11 onwards the difference is always 20 points

15 GP in a season are required to qualify (unless you are a replacement who makes the playoffs, in which case you qualify)
Each playoff series win, the teams get 'reseeded' in the rankings, so in the end, the champion is 1st, runner up 2nd, conference-finalists 3rd and 4th based on Pts%, and semi-finalists 5th-8th based on Pts%.
The remaining spots are filled in based on regular season performance.
Missing past seasons are filled in using the next more recent season's point value minus 20.
Missing 'future' seasons are filled in with a somewhat complicated formula that slowly decays their ranking.
Missing interim seasons are filled in with an average of the nearest seasons.

The TOTAL VALUE is calculated by adding the values from each previous season, with decreasing worth:

Total value = 
 100% x Last completed season
+  75% x season before that
+  50% x season before that
+  25% x season before that

Old ratings:

Season 6

kgman is the current leader as of the end of Season 6, but since he's not playing in season 7, he'll probably lose his spot to 2nd-place IceStorm70 if ice can continue his 3-season streak of appearing in at least the conference finals.

angryjay, swos, and Carse round out the top 5.

FlamingPavelBure and Freydey are poised to jump from around 20th up to around 10th.

post-253-1274207767_thumb.png

Updated...

kgman is the current leader as of the end of Season 6, but since he's not playing in season 7, he'll probably lose his spot to 2nd-place IceStorm70 if he can continue his 3-season streak of appearing in at least the conference finals.

angryjay, swos, and Carse round out the top 5.

FlamingPavelBure and Freydey are poised to jump from around 20th up to around 10th.

post-253-1274208188_thumb.png

Edited by smozoma

You are officially NHL94's Man of the year. No one has done more for the community in the last 12 months.

I don't really understand but I won't let Zalex pass me! ;)

• 2 months later...

Updated ratings!

Also updated in the first post..

post-253-031954500 1281721570_thumb.png

Carse moves up to 2nd, but can't catch kgman who retains 1st spot.

IceStorm70 was poised to take over the lead, but his 5th place finish prevented it.

FlamingPavelBure and Freydey both move up 10 spots to 7th and 9th, respectively. Both have ~20th places finishes on the books that will expire, so will continue to climb next season unless they implode.

Habs's continued lack of playoff success hurts him again, as he drops 4 spots to 13th.

I feel like Casey Kasem.

Zalex moves up 6 from 20th to 14th, and Bo "knows"-dives from 11th to 19th.

Up for IIHF ratings expiration next season: dmac, Jamonica, sonicxxx, sungod, GDL 1 champ takeyourpill, SSiG.

• 4 years later...

Season sucks

• 1 year later...

Prolly cuz I didn't get to pick my players and that team was an atrocity.

Sometimes I wonder if u have brain damage

It's not everyday you get to play with Yzerman.... and I also see AJ didn't get an "n/a" for GDL 13 despite not picking his players, and I didn't get one either for GDL 09.