NHL'94 Forums

As previously rumored, the The Canadian Hockey League (CHL) in association with EA today announced a four year agreement that will see the league included in EA Sports NHL products. The three regional leagues that make up the CHL, including the Western Hockey League (WHL), the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), will all have their teams and players represented in NHL 11 when it becomes available in retail stores this September.

Representing 51 Canadian and nine American teams with players aged 16-20 the CHL is the top development league in the world and the number one provider of talent to the NHL. 47% of all players selected in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft came from CHL teams. The 2010 NHL Entry Draft could mark the fourth straight year where a CHL player is selected first overall, with Tyler Seguin of the Plymouth Whalers and Taylor Hall of the Windsor Spitfires representing the top two ranked players by NHL Central Scouting.

“The CHL is very excited to partner with an industry leader like EA SPORTS to create a brand new way for CHL fans to associate with their favorite CHL teams and players,” said David Branch, President, CHL. “This opportunity also provides EA SPORTS fans around the world the ability to learn more about the next wave of NHL stars as they compete in the best development league in the world.”

“It’s exciting to have the CHL integrated into our game for the first time,” said Jordan Edelstein, VP of Marketing, EA Sports. “Their inclusion will make NHL 11 the most definitive and complete hockey experience available.”

Four of the last five players to be featured on the cover of EA Sports NHL Series games are CHL graduates including Patrick Kane, Dion Phaneuf, Eric Staal and Vincent Lecavalier.

The licensing agreement between EA SPORTS and the CHL allows the following to be included in NHL 11:

• Ability to play with all 60 teams that make up the CHL

• Names and Likenesses of players that are on the rosters of a CHL team

• Mastercard Memorial Cup

• CHL new RBK Edge Jersey design in NHL 11

• WHL, OHL and QMJHL logos and league structures

The CHL integration in NHL 11 will tie to several modes in the game, including Be A Pro, Be A GM, Tournament Mode, Season Mode and Playoff Mode.

FINALLY! We won't be drafting random douches anymore.

You mean random generic guys with generic names that we'd build up the moment we draft them. :angry:

great stuff FPB!

I have two questions though:

1. will EA update the CHL rosters?

2. will the 2010 CHL draft picks be in the game?

My guest is yes since they updated the secondary leagues also.

I guess we will have the current picks that won't be automatic (First year) and then the 16 years old (2nd year0

damn

if they put this years draft picks in I would actually be in the game! lol

He really would be in the game. Listed at 5'4", 115 lbs. Ridiculous kid.

Hahaha yea!

luckley that height and weight were recored in September of 2009

You should all be glad to know that I have grown to a whoping 5'6"... and 1/2 and 120 Ibs... soaking wet

• 1 year later...

I'm gonna revive this old thread, since it looks like I may get NHL 11 as a birthday gift instead of 12 due to the price (Unless there's gonna be a price slash in say, 2 or 3 weeks. :().

If I have this game ordered from Amazon.com, do I still get the EA Sports Network code that's necessary to have permanent online gaming? That's one of the reasons why I wanted one of the latest NHL games for a good while now.

If I have this game ordered from Amazon.com, do I still get the EA Sports Network code that's necessary to have permanent online gaming? That's one of the reasons why I wanted one of the latest NHL games for a good while now.

If you pick up a used copy there's no garuntee that the guy who owned the game before did not use the code - if he did you're gonna have to pay for another one. This happened to me, picked it up used from gamestop a couple months after it came out and had to get a new code. Try to find a new copy if you want a fresh code.

-Yeah the codes needed for permanent online gaming - I think they give a few days to a week for free.

Edited by kupuck19

The thing is, it's not going to be a used copy. This one will be packaged copy of the game, hence why I asked. I'm not that cheap to find a game from a source that could be of questionable quality. :lol: