NHL'94 Forums

Future of NHL 94 wishlist

HABS

-Getting NHL 94 released on Playstation network, Virtual Wii, and Xbox live.

-Larger talent pool

-better software, eliminating lag from broadbrand users (kaillera =aids)

-better emulation

-EA releasing the 94 with fully updated rosters and REAL teams/REAL players with each new NHL game (NHL 2011)

- or selling it on ps network, xbox live etc (like that gayish nhl 3 on 3)

-Enable fighting

-HD Graphics

-Further growth of NHL94.com and forums

Let's live the dream, guys. Let's live the dream.

i was gonna make a topic like this, addressing any other possibilities of playing nhl 94 online. theres gotta be another option other than kailleria. if nhl 94 got relesed on XBL or PS3 network im sure they'd find a way to screw it up so if that happens id be excited but skeptical.

it just seems with all this technology we have in the year 2010 and considering how simple of a game it is, theres gotta be other possibilities.

this will probably sound stupid.. but why cant someone make a ethernet adapter for the genesis that would goto a privately owned server and enable online play. i know its defentilly a stretch considering sega genesis is going on 20 years old and uses outdated technology, but what about hacking a totaly new console just for this purpous. i know im dreaming and i know itd take a seriously good programmer and game hacker to make this possiable. but i just wish so bad we could enjoy nhl 94 as it is on the console with out the pingas lagolas.

EDIT: WARNING DRUNK CONTENT

Edited by donnybrook

this will probably sound stupid.. but why cant someone make a ethernet adapter for the genesis that would goto a privately owned server and enable online play. i know its defentilly a stretch considering sega genesis is going on 20 years old and uses outdated technology, but what about hacking a totaly new console just for this purpous. i know im dreaming and i know itd take a seriously good programmer and game hacker to make this possiable. but i just wish so bad we could enjoy nhl 94 as it is on the console with out the pingas lagolas.

guys, just changing the hardware isn't going to eliminate latency...... the Internet has latency, deal with it people :lol:

new games use *tricks* to make it appear like there is no lag. nhl94 with these tricks will have you getting rebounds when it appeared the goalie wasn't there and looks like it should have gone in, or the puck suddenly appearing in the net for a goal a quarter of a second after you saw the guy flub the deke and skate past the net with the puck.

if kaillera is giving you a bad experience, try kega. it's been pretty good the few times i've used it lately. it doesn't get that nasty strobe (missing frames) effect on a bad connection.

if you want to truly eliminate internet latency, go get a Ph.D in physics and work on quantum teleportation

guys, just changing the hardware isn't going to eliminate latency...... the Internet has latency, deal with it people :lol:

new games use *tricks* to make it appear like there is no lag. nhl94 with these tricks will have you getting rebounds when it appeared the goalie wasn't there and looks like it should have gone in, or the puck suddenly appearing in the net for a goal a quarter of a second after you saw the guy flub the deke and skate past the net with the puck.

if kaillera is giving you a bad experience, try kega. it's been pretty good the few times i've used it lately. it doesn't get that nasty strobe (missing frames) effect on a bad connection.

if you want to truly eliminate internet latency, go get a Ph.D in physics and work on quantum teleportation

lol

My wishlist:

1. Fighting

2. Even more graphical edit features (the ones we have available are great, but I'd like to see it pushed even further, I.E. editable coaches, having the ability to color shirts in the crowd for the home team)

3. Custom songs

4. More flexible ratings, like a way to distinguish between snipers and playmakers, which would make updates even better

My worry about the game being released on the Wii or another system is that the lawyers will come after this site to end our online leagues, since we are still playing the game on a new system (our computers) for free, and they will want us to buy it again.

And unless they really monitor all the people that own a computer and find our emulator stuff that we have in the world, I think it's safe to say we're not gonna be screwed.

Thank God secutiry surveilance hasn't reached that level.

Actually i think a good bunch of us here own a Genesis and an NHL94cartdrige, so nothing illegal.

At worst we transfer the server to a country where it's legal anyway. That or untraceable.

Stuff about owning a copy making it legal to have a 'backup' are not true.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

for it to be legal, you need to make your own copy from your own cartridge.

'legal' does not always equal 'fair' or 'makes sense'

And unless they really monitor all the people that own a computer and find our emulator stuff that we have in the world, I think it's safe to say we're not gonna be screwed.

Thank God secutiry surveilance hasn't reached that level.

They would target sites that make the games available

http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-shu...es-131702.phtml

even though they are just fans breathing new life into dead games while still buying all the new versions... : (

What about having the original console and games? I don't personally believe they're gonna send us to the slammer if we got the original games.

That just reminded me of the movie Enemy of the State.

What about having the original console and games? I don't personally believe they're gonna send us to the slammer if we got the original games.

That just reminded me of the movie Enemy of the State.

It doesn't matter if you have the original game and console. They don't think you should be able to play old games unless it's with the original game or a copy you yourself made from your original game. That's simply how the law is written.

What I am saying is that they won't come after people for playing the game on an emulator, BUT they would try to shut down nhl94online.com, blitz94.com and nhl91.com for making the game available.

Edited by smozoma

Actually Smoz, the NHL91 version is as much different from the Original rom as ripoffs in that time were.

not sure what you're saying.

a modded ROM is still a ROM they own.

my wishlist, only one thing:

1. FAKE SHOT

BUT they would try to shut down nhl94online.com, blitz94.com and nhl91.com for making the game available.

Good wish list..

Mine:

- Zamboni cart racing

- Dan Boyle skills competition

- Excite Bike rink designer | ramps

- WWE refs, knock them out and they can't call penalties for the rest of the period.

-

- Celebrity GM mode, Scarface trades Kaka Roach to Hartford in exchange for yahyo.

- Proximity mines, grenade launchers, RCP90's.

I don't sweat the sabre rattling by Nintendo. I can break those cuffs, and I have Frost Nixon on DVD to fall back on, "If Jesus does it, It's NOT illegal". But if EA or other software houses did decide to flex their legal muscle then it they should start with well known sites that have quid quo pro going on for Dreamcast, Playstation, and Xbox iso's, as compared to the products that have been out of the marketplace for over 15 years.

lol now that might be the hardest one...

genesis didnt even have 6player support

It could be easily possible if they did the ports to the new consoles.

And then we could do 5on5 ppl :(

• 2 weeks later...