05:00 PM

Philadelphia Flyers +211

Chicago Blackhawks -231

Hawks in 6 me thinks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a great series; both are among my favorite teams to watch, combining skill and speed with physicality grit (unlike teams such as PIT and DET). I'll say it takes 7 games. I'll give the edge to the Hawks based on their scoring depth, but the Flyers' D is the X-Factor in this series.

I dont think phi has played anyone as skilled as chi and I predict chi in 6

I agree Philly has had an easy ride the finals plus the Blackhawks have been doing great. Sweeping the Sharks and all. I also want to see Patrick Kane win the cup he is one of my favorite young players.

hawks are the most explosive offensive team in the league.

But Flyers might have the hockey gods on their side, and their fwd core is more than capable.

I actually predicted Flyers to win the cup before the season started, and might have picked Chicago can't rem that.

But its been a crazy ride for Flyers.

They'll have to really frustrate the Hawks physically to have a chance.

But also the Flyers had an easier run to the Playoffs. They're only real threat was the Devils. Don't get me wrong being down 3-0 in a series and coming back is impressive but I don't think they could of survived against the Caps or the Pens if faced up against them. The Habs really did most of the work in the eastern conference and Philly just beat them on Momentum.

Just think all of this could be totally different if the Rangers had just beaten the Flyers in that last game. *Sigh*

But also the Flyers had an easier run to the Playoffs. They're only real threat was the Devils. Don't get me wrong being down 3-0 in a series and coming back is impressive but I don't think they could of survived against the Caps or the Pens if faced up against them. The Habs really did most of the work in the eastern conference and Philly just beat them on Momentum.

Just think all of this could be totally different if the Rangers had just beaten the Flyers in that last game. *Sigh*

Yeah the Habs would be in the finals :lol:

Honestly I felt the Habs deserved more than the Flyers in the Finals. The Habs beat the Caps and Pens. To me thats stanely cup material.

Dude, are you out of your mind? I guess you think that comming back from a 3-0 defecit is easy.

Can't blame them, though. The Flyers just wanted it more.

Another thing we should ask is, how the hell will they manage to get Byfulgien off of Leighton's back? I read in an article on NHL.com mentioning that Brendan Shanahan proposed that the Flyers should use a lighter and quicker guy on Byfulgien instead of Carcillo to pry the puck off of him instead of just trying to outmuscle him. Personally I don't know how it would work, but so far no other team has gotten Byfulgien off the goal zone in many of his key goals.

Dude, are you out of your mind? I guess you think that comming back from a 3-0 defecit is easy.

Considering the Bruins health wise, and the fact that philly was the favourite going into it..yeah

The Flyers were a little banged up too, and no one really expected that Leighton could play the way he did to shut the door on Boston's collective noses. I do not know if Phily could have done the same thing if Boucher didn't end up injured, but it's too late to ask that now, isn't it?

Can't blame them, though. The Flyers just wanted it more.

Another thing we should ask is, how the hell will they manage to get Byfulgien off of Leighton's back? I read in an article on NHL.com mentioning that Brendan Shanahan proposed that the Flyers should use a lighter and quicker guy on Byfulgien instead of Carcillo to pry the puck off of him instead of just trying to outmuscle him. Personally I don't know how it would work, but so far no other team has gotten Byfulgien off the goal zone in many of his key goals.

I think I heard on the NHL network that there going to try to put Pronger on Byfulgien

is Byfulgien playing on a line with Kane and Toews now? or is that just on the PP

Edited by nationals1

I think I heard on the NHL network that there going to try to put Pronger on Byfulgien

is Byfulgien playing on a line with Kane and Toews now? or is that just on the PP

No, Byfulgien has been with the Toews-Kane line for a good while in the playoffs now. I think it may have began either against Nashville or Vancouver. I can't remember well which one.

What seems harder? A 3-0 deficit to the Bruins or having to advance in the playoffs by beating BOTH the Caps and Pens?

What seems harder? A 3-0 deficit to the Bruins or having to advance in the playoffs by beating BOTH the Caps and Pens?

Have to check the record books but i'm pretty sure coming back from 0-3 is harder.

Have to check the record books but i'm pretty sure coming back from 0-3 is harder.

Yes but considering the injuries in Boston it made it easier. The Flyers had an easier run to the Finals than the Habs.

Yes but considering the injuries in Boston it made it easier. The Flyers had an easier run to the Finals than the Habs.

no question about the habs having the tougher road to the CF, but coming back from 0-3 (they had Savard back and only krejci was out from what i recall) to me is more impressive, esp considering it has been done twice in about 70 years, never been done in the NBA and only once been done in MB (Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Red Sox!)

Plus Flyers had to deal with injury to their 2nd stringer only to have waiver wire guy come back and win series. Oh ya, and Jeff Carter was out most of series.

no question about the habs having the tougher road to the CF, but coming back from 0-3 (they had Savard back and only krejci was out from what i recall) to me is more impressive, esp considering it has been done twice in about 70 years, never been done in the NBA and only once been done in MB (Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Red Sox!)

Plus Flyers had to deal with injury to their 2nd stringer only to have waiver wire guy come back and win series. Oh ya, and Jeff Carter was out most of series.

I agree its Impressive but all i said was the Habs road was tougher.

and montreal beat the pens with their best player out in Markov. + 1-3 comback vs Was dont forget.

But Flyers are better, no doubt. they are underated cause most of the players didnt even bother trying during the regular season, they were all buzy with Scott Hartnell's wife :o

Also, they are almost impossible to beat at home.

GO FLYERS! 6gas

just to get things all cleared up on bostons injurys I looked it up:

this shouldnt be an excuse for blowing a 3-0 series lead but...

they were missing three components of their team in seidnberg sturm and kriechi

Last I checked coming back from 3-0 has happened a few times where as an 8th seed knocking off a 1st down from 3-1 has never happened before, thus harder.