NHL'94 Forums

CHI VS PHI

HABS

Last I checked coming back from 3-0 has happened a few times where as an 8th seed knocking off a 1st down from 3-1 has never happened before, thus harder.

huh? last time I checked winning 4 in a row is harder than winning 3 in a row

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I checked coming back from 3-0 has happened a few times where as an 8th seed knocking off a 1st down from 3-1 has never happened before, thus harder.

But the sample size is at least 4 times smaller... :o

Agreed Habs had the harder road.

Flyers beat Habs, plain and simple, they deserve to be in the finals. Anyone who disagrees can instant message me and we can have a legitimate argument one on one.

I never said they didn't deserve it. They did beat the Habs. But the Habs had a harder road to the conference finals and Philly was the better team.

I guess the habs had a harder road to the east finals

but whose to say that the Flyers couldn't have beat the caps and pens

I love how this CHI vs PHI thread is now about the habs playoff run. GUGAR

HEY,

BUt wHat if the StaNley CUp waS mAde oUt OF barbEcuE spaRe ribs, wOuLd yoU eaT It theN?

HecK, i knoW I wOULd. I'd HAve sEcOnDs, And poLish iT OFf wIth a cOOL BuDwEiSeR.

24xjv4m.jpg

I have to cheer for the Flyers so people can't say the Leafs have the longest Stanley Cup drought!

(even though I like this 'Hawks team more)

Let's get it on!

BLACKHAWKS!!!

Edited by RedWingDevil

Hoooooo, that was a crazy game alright. You had to see it to believe it, although things settled down a bit at the 3rd period.

I thought the 3rd was the best period very fast pace, Hawks were flying. Skating much much harder. Sloppy/bad goaltending both sides though.

Neimi lets out some massive rebounds first two periods.

interesting bit of information on CBC...

The 'worst' team to ever win the cup was one of the 90s Devils teams who were 9th overall in the league.

PHI was 18th, so if they win the cup, they will double that mark...

I found it interesting that of the 11 goals that were scored, none were by any first line player (forward or defenseman.) Awesome game overall, excited to watch the rest of the series.

I agree this series will be great considering we had an exciting game without people like Toews, or Kane scoring.

awsome game and a wonderful hit from pronger on that little bugger kane

indeed

watta game

i predicted that phi would come back so maybe i start playing some 91 lg gms with luck on my side heeh

i should cheer for chi since they have so many bc boys but they beat my european superstar nucks so...

GO PHILLY !!!

The 'worst' team to ever win the cup was one of the 90s Devils teams who were 9th overall in the league.

Poo on CBC :angry:

That "worst" team ripped through the playoffs with a 16-4 record and had the most road wins (10) in nhl playoff history.

If I remember correctly, it was the 1995 Devils and I think it may have been Brodeur's first season.

If I remember correctly, it was the 1995 Devils and I think it may have been Brodeur's first season.

2nd bro,

although in 93-94 he did face the dominator in the playoffs!

The Flyers have always been a 2nd favorite team of mine. My parents families are originally from Philly so my dad is a long time Flyers fan. Loved Bobby Clarke back in the day. Here's the kicker...I'm from Boston and am a die-hard Bruins fan (you can send your sympathy my way). Go Blackhawks!!!

CHICAGO WINS WITH KANE'S ZINGER AND MULLET!!!

And yes, Hossa got the Cup at last.

HOW DID CARTER MISS THE OPEN NET !!

Man it had Philly upset written all over this. They were so clutch; so comeback all playoff... and to lose like that in Game 6 - after mounting yet another comeback - just feels wrong.

Anyway, Chicago deserved it - great series.

Amazing game, amazing series, amazing playoffs! One of the best and most exciting that I can remember.

As for the game itself, unbelievable goal by Kane. What a way to end it! I thought that Byfuglien would have been a good Conn Smythe candidate (10 goals, 5 of them game winners, along with his physical play), but I'm not surprised that Toews won it.

After Kane scored, I wanted to chant "U-S-A! U-S-A!" since I didn't get to at the end of the gold medal game.

Edited by northstar91

Yeah Carter missed that open net, there was another one late in the third as well that philly missed that chance.

I'm sorry, but Leighton needs to make that save on the last goal. Should have been an easy one Kane had a bad angle.

I think goal #2 should have been an easy save as well. He didn't get down quick enough and it went under him. I remember a commentator saying in the Montreal series that Leighton doesn't get down quick enough and lets a lot of goals get under him. Montreal scored a few on him like that, too.

Regardless, great series. Too bad there wasn't a Game 7. It was pretty physical and good offense from both teams. A lot of big momentum swings where it looked like one team was just dominating the other.