NHL'94 Forums

Hawerchuck thinks the NHL should be in Winnipeg, Quebec City and HALIFAX!

halifax

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/spo...article/1071033

"How long are they going to sit there and struggle with some of these southern teams. In my mind, there is Winnipeg, there is Quebec City, there is Halifax. This is where the game is. These are people who want to see it and they want to see it live." - Dale Hawerchuk

Thanks Dale....love to have an nhl team in my home province...but...uh...halifax doesn't have an nhl sized rink (or corporate sponsorship or an owner who wants a team there). The metro centre only seats 10500.

I guess we will just have to double ticket prices.

halifax.gif

NHL in Halifax would be sick, but I don't know if we could support it. We would have to build a new rink. There are no Nova Scotia businesses big enough to sponsor it. And I don't know if the fan base is big enough to fill the seats, although we would draw alot of fans from around the maritimes, the season ticket holders wouldn't account to very much.

Build an arena on a ship and have it travel around the maritimes, stopping in different locations for each 'home' game. Make it like a cruise ship, so you can get a 5 day cruise and see 2 games.

Totally would work!

I like the cruise idea...I was also thinking we could raise everyone's property taxes by 10000 bucks for the next three years until a new stadium is built...and then I'll move back after three years to buy season tickets.

WRONG.

8367404.jpg

LOL...I still have my dirty burger t-shirt from working on the show....should've got a 'mustard tiger' shirt as well.