NHL'94 Forums

Rearranging teams in menu

northstar91

As I was reading the topic on adding to the player name length, I was interested in determining the possibility of rearranging teams in the menu (which will be nice in updated ROMs such as my 2010 Stanley Cup ROM.) Anyway, I know this will involve changing around pointer values; thanks to smoz's table, I was able to rearrange teams for data (for example, switching Boston and Anaheim.) However, the banners and logos did not switch, which tells me that there are different pointers for those two. Does anyone have any knowledge of where these pointers are located?

As I was reading the topic on adding to the player name length, I was interested in determining the possibility of rearranging teams in the menu (which will be nice in updated ROMs such as my 2010 Stanley Cup ROM.) Anyway, I know this will involve changing around pointer values; thanks to smoz's table, I was able to rearrange teams for data (for example, switching Boston and Anaheim.) However, the banners and logos did not switch, which tells me that there are different pointers for those two. Does anyone have any knowledge of where these pointers are located?

Not me, I haven't looked at the graphics yet

(sorry for the non-answer, just don't want you left with no reply if no one knows where they are!)

• 2 months later...

Actually, I might have come up with a possible solution -- thanks to smozoma for his work on finding pointer locations in the game

So for the main menu, there are four pointers of which to keep track (there may be more...):

1. The Team Data Pointer

2. The Banner Pointer

3. The Player Portrait Pointer

4. The Menu Palette Pointer

5. The Logo Pointer -- as of now, I don't know if anyone has found pointers for logos (if there is the offset for the logo location, could we calculate where the table would be?)

There might be a way to bunch this info together so that there could be 28 "slots"; one could "exchange" the set of pointer values for one team with that of another team (the "team" defined by their offsets) to re-order the teams.

I've been able to "change" the position of a team in the rom (the team data, menu/banner palettes, player portraits). However, when I went to play with the team, they had the old team's uniforms.

Does this mean that there are pointers for the teams uniform palettes? I've tried to find them using smozoma's formula, but I was unable to find these pointers. I am making sure that I account for the header (since I am working with a ROM with a header).