NHL'94 Forums

'94 SNES Hockey

I played All Stars East vs. Tampa Bay in a 20 minute game and won 143 - 1. Has anyone on this website scored more than 143 goals in '94 Hockey for SNES? This was done on a Super Nintendo, took picture of tv screen.

Dan Cameron, B.C. Canada.

post-3319-1275374042_thumb.jpg

Edited by RecordBreaker

I played All Stars East vs. Tampa Bay in a 20 minute game and won 143 - 1. Has anyone on this website scored more than 143 goals in '94 Hockey for SNES? This was done on a Super Nintendo, took picture of tv screen.

Dan Cameron, B.C. Canada.

post-3319-1275374042_thumb.jpg

Impressive, I tried one time and scored 112 goals in a game. If I have time I'll try to beat this lol. You didn't pull the other teams goalie did you?

unfortunately a screen shot won't do much in this case.

1.you can 'play alone ' as head to head by pulling the other goalie and scoring on the empty net.

2.you can play as the weaker team, pull your own goalie and score on your own net and say you were the other team.

3.You and a partner are playing each other, he pulls his goalie, to score on himself, or you score on the empty net.

If you want people to believe you can score that many goals...play the game again, record it on video and post the entire game on you tube.

• Like 1

143 / 60 = 2,383333 goals/minute. Hard to keep that ratio during 60 minutes. would be nice to see a video of it though.

Yah its extremely hard to maintain for a full 60 minutes. My goal was to try to crack 100. I think if this guy did this legitimately he would have had to try a bunch of times. It took me 3 attempts to break 100. First time I only scored a measley 69 goals. 2nd time I scored 88 and 3rd time, I got 112. I think it is feasible to do since I repeatedly got better each time but it would take a lot of concentration and dedication. But 50 goals a period sounds pretty ridiculous!

I gave up a goal so you didn't think I was "cheating"

nhl94.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did edit the rom. I was playing 1 on 5. I had the one and pulled my goalie so actually 2 on 5 w/no goalie. Also had my screen shut off. 5 minute periods. Used my feet to play instead of my hands(thats why I didn't get to 200 goals) but I did manage score 108 goals with Bure and 74 with Roenick. So only 143 goals? Thats sad B)

Edited by rc69fab

I once tried to see how many goals I could get with 5 min periods, using save states (saving after every goal).. But I got bored somewhere along the line and never got through the whole game, but I'm pretty sure I was on pace for 100+ (if you score every 8 seconds you get 112 goals, so I bet I never let more than 10s pass). I might have the save somewhere but doubt I'll pick it up again. B)

The most I ever had in a normal 5 min period game, penalties on(except offside) is 23 using Boston against Anaheim. I have hit 20 a few other times but thats the most. Anybody get to 30?

Edited by rc69fab

unfortunately a screen shot won't do much in this case.

1.you can 'play alone ' as head to head by pulling the other goalie and scoring on the empty net.

2.you can play as the weaker team, pull your own goalie and score on your own net and say you were the other team.

3.You and a partner are playing each other, he pulls his goalie, to score on himself, or you score on the empty net.

If you want people to believe you can score that many goals...play the game again, record it on video and post the entire game on you tube.

It was a one player game, I didn't pull the other team's goalie, it was done on an actual SNES and I didn't cheat to achieve this score.

When I took the picture years ago, I thought that would prove it was legitimate - (not even thinking about pulling the goalie which I recall doing many years ago to first score 100 goals.) Now people know how to edit roms on their computer. That does sound quite interesting, I always wanted to get into the programming of '94 Hockey. I guess someone could edit a picture as well.

I can tell by the reaction that it's a pretty good feat amongst '94 players when people say they don't believe it. I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

P.S. Maybe it doesn't matter if people believe it or not. I was just curious to see if anyone else scored more than 143 goals on an original SNES.

It was a one player game, I didn't pull the other team's goalie, it was done on an actual SNES and I didn't cheat to achieve this score.

When I took the picture years ago, I thought that would prove it was legitimate - (not even thinking about pulling the goalie which I recall doing many years ago to first score 100 goals.) Now people know how to edit roms on their computer. That does sound quite interesting, I always wanted to get into the programming of '94 Hockey. I guess someone could edit a picture as well.

I can tell by the reaction that it's a pretty good feat amongst '94 players when people say they don't believe it. I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

P.S. Maybe it doesn't matter if people believe it or not. I was just curious to see if anyone else scored more than 143 goals on an original SNES.

I'd like to play you online.

very good job getting so many. I've never put up more than about 115. it's all about not having a break in the pace. I always slump in the late second period, it seems.

Gave it a shot... Not sure if I've ever played 20 minutes before xD It's just sooo tiresome... ASW-FLA at first, but that went down the drain so I went with DET-TB. Ended up 51-0. Thank god I at least got past the 50 mark (Lidstrom 12, Coffey 11.. Odd, never use to get that many goals from D, and Nick was out for 15 of the 3rd). I just hate exploiting to gain loads of goals, I usually just go for the pretty plays sort of. :) Guess that's why I never was any good online :angry:

Edited by Xstioph

• 2 weeks later...
ONLY 143 GOALS ?

BEAT THAT nhl94highscore.jpg

1193 GA

LOL...nothing can beat that...the math is off by over 100 goals though bud :)

• 7 years later...
On 6/1/2010 at 10:05 AM, halifax said:

high score.jpg

Thanks Halifax, I had this in the back of my mind like a bucket-list. One day years later I recorded a game using the Twin Galaxies 10 minute period format. One reason I did it was (partly) because someone posted a fake 182 to 1 picture (it's gone now) mockingly suggesting mine was fake which it wasn't. It didn't even feel like my best game, the goals were so-so, but it just happened that the A.I. (goalie, etc.) was bad in that game (hot/cold streaks, players/goalie attributes change every game, sometimes they're all really, really bad in a perfect storm type game which is what happened). Anyways, thanks for the advice.

52 minutes ago, RecordBreaker said:

high score.jpg

Thanks Halifax, I had this in the back of my mind like a bucket-list. One day years later I recorded a game using the Twin Galaxies 10 minute period format. One reason I did it was (partly) because someone posted a fake 182 to 1 picture (it's gone now) mockingly suggesting mine was fake which it wasn't. It didn't even feel like my best game, the goals were so-so, but it just happened that the A.I. (goalie, etc.) was bad in that game (hot/cold streaks, players/goalie attributes change every game, sometimes they're all really, really bad in a perfect storm type game which is what happened). Anyways, thanks for the advice.

Good job, congrats!

In the past couple years, the live play scene has picked up and there are occasional tournaments. You should come out some time, we'd love to meet you! I think a BC tourney is in the plans in the next couple years... or @halifax runs a tourney in Saskatoon every year or so. "Rookies" (non-online players) have won both of the big SNES tournaments (Toronto 2015 and Vegas 2017 - the Vegas winner was from BC @Jammer - KO94IIsnes).

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 5:10 PM, RecordBreaker said:

high score.jpg

YES DAN! Congrats on the world record and proving to all us skeptics!

On 12/25/2017 at 6:10 PM, RecordBreaker said:

high score.jpg

you should join the online leagues!