NHL'94 Forums

player movement

kloijhi

hi

i trying to understund how to score a goal in this game (playing for week now and scored some 10goals maybe)

so i have a Q: about players movement.

Q1: do player figure rotation step is 45deg only? cos when i try shootout then i can shoot only in 0deg angle or far left or far right from net.. i supouse in -45 and 45

i have tried with keys and gamepad, and figure rotation is very strange and slow.

so sometimes i move joystick to right to make a fast pass, but it doing shot far into different direction.

Q2: is there some way how to make shot a little bit left or right... main idea is there a way how to control direction for shot

hi

i trying to understund how to score a goal in this game (playing for week now and scored some 10goals maybe)

Q1: do player figure rotation step is 45deg only? cos when i try shootout then i can shoot only in 0deg angle or far left or far right from net.. i supouse in -45 and 45

i have tried with keys and gamepad, and figure rotation is very strange and slow.

so sometimes i move joystick to right to make a fast pass, but it doing shot far into different direction.

Q2: is there some way how to make shot a little bit left or right... main idea is there a way how to control direction for shot

hmmmmm, lol

hi

Q.1 Unfortunately, I think I may only partially understand the example you are explaining. However I'll suggest you start with practicing a one timer. Pass to another player and pressing the shoot button before it gets to the second player.

Q.2 You can control the direction of the shot with your directional control pad (or keypad). When shooting, push left and the player will shoot to the left side of the net and vice versa. Some players have better accuracy than others.

play some other people online, you will get pounded but you'll be able to pick up on what they are doing to score. From there you can keep trying that until you master a bunch of different ways to score.

Q.1 Unfortunately, I think I may only partially understand the example you are explaining. However I'll suggest you start with practicing a one timer. Pass to another player and pressing the shoot button before it gets to the second player.

Q.2 You can control the direction of the shot with your directional control pad (or keypad). When shooting, push left and the player will shoot to the left side of the net and vice versa. Some players have better accuracy than others.

1. what means One timer?

2. how you mean it, with passing? i have a puck on player, then i pass (with Pass button) and after pass i push Hit button, for playr who just gave puck away? for what purpose? or i misunderstund something?

3. with shooting.. i trying to play shootout, and seem also shoot key shoots only into ONE POINT in middle of net. No matter from what position i shoot. If i push left or right then player, skates left or right.

4 there are 3 buttons A,B, C

B-pass, C -shoot, but for what purpose is A button? some stupid action only?

1. what means One timer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_timer

2. how you mean it, with passing? i have a puck on player, then i pass (with Pass button) and after pass i push Hit button, for playr who just gave puck away? for what purpose? or i misunderstund something?
sounds like you did a one-timer correctly bud
3. with shooting.. i trying to play shootout, and seem also shoot key shoots only into ONE POINT in middle of net. No matter from what position i shoot. If i push left or right then player, skates left or right.
If you want to shoot in a certain direction...make sure you hold the direction you are shooting so he shoots in that direction. If you just press the shoot button by itself, the player will always shoot in the middle of the net.
4 there are 3 buttons A,B, C

B-pass, C -shoot, but for what purpose is A button? some stupid action only?

I don't play the genesis version that much, so I'm not exactly sure what the A button does. But I'll guess, the A button flips the puck when you have it, and the player hooks an opponent when you don't have the puck.

Maybe watching some video will help you learn ways to score. Here are two games with different players.

(this one is two of the best players)
If you want to shoot in a certain direction...make sure you hold the direction you are shooting so he shoots in that direction. If you just press the shoot button by itself, the player will always shoot in the middle of the net.

Yeah, if you want the shot to go to the left side of the net, then, at the last moment, hold Left and C. The longer you hold down the C button, the harder the shot will be. The shots are not very accurate, though, so it won't always hit the left side. If you hold Up+Left, he'll try to shoot for the top corner. Hold Down to try for the five-hole (this is rarely successful).

I don't play the genesis version that much, so I'm not exactly sure what the A button does. But I'll guess, the A button flips the puck when you have it, and the player hooks an opponent when you don't have the puck.

Right. I almost never use A. However, some people use it a lot to hold their opponent (sometimes getting a penalty, but usually getting away with it)

Edited by smozoma

• 4 months later...

thanks, during this period, i realy like this game, imo its best gameplay from all AI advanced nhl series.

also 95 - 97 is good.

thanks for leting me know about ONE-TIMER

other ways to score i dont know jet.

we had some great NHL94 night with my causin wowowwo!