NHL'94 Forums

World Cup Pool

I know this isn't nhl94 related but it's something I thought might be fun to have. (although the prize is nhl94 related.)

The FIFA world cup pool is available to any forum member who has registered to the site before today.

If you want to play, here’s all you have to do.

1.Post your interest in this forum. (That way I’ll know whom I should be expecting an email from.)

2.Download the attached excel sheet. (It has a blue highlighted sample of what you would fill out.)

3.Make your picks on each game (winning team or tie game)

4.Provide a preference list of who you think will win the world cup (Best chance to least chance)

5.Email the excel sheet to halifax@nhl94.com with your picks and place in the subject line: ‘(your forum name) picks’ by Thursday, June 10th

I'll look after the rest!

Here’s the rules.

1.I've attached an excel sheet. There's a column for you to make picks for each game. If you guess the correct outcome, you'll achieve the number of points listed beside the county or tie. Example: In the first game of the sample attachment, Mexico is picked to win. If they win, I get 1.50 points. If they don’t win, no points are awarded.

2.The player with the most points after the round robin gets the 1st pick for the final 16 based on your preference list….Next most points gets next best available team according to their list.

3. Provide me with a preference list of all countries in which you think will win the world cup. (From best chance to least chance) You'll notice the sample has listed the preference list under my picks...So if I finish first after the round robin, I'll get England for the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs will have a coach. So if only a few people join, they’ll have multiple teams for the playoffs. (I’ll sort this out later as to exactly how many depending on number of entries)

4. If there's a tie in points after the opening round between two or more coaches, whoever sends me their list first, wins the tiebreaker...(in other words, send me your list ASAP!) Deadline is June 10th...so before you decide to watch “NHL94 it’s in the GAA” for the 50th time please submit your list. :)

5. This world cup pool is just for fun, but to make this somewhat nhl94 related, the winner will receive the NHL94 card set courtesy of yours truly.

Who's in so far

NATIONALS1

FREYDEY

DONNYBROOK

GRAYTO

XOT82

ANGRYJAY

RC69FAB

FENTY

MAV

ORANGEBLACK92

KUPUCK19

CLOCKWISE

FLAMINGPAVELBURE

REDWINGDEVIL

SEBE

BEAVERS

SHAFTMAN

NHL94_world_cup_pool.xls.zip

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

looks interesting and since ill be watching it i might as well join if its not too late

looks interesting and since ill be watching it i might as well join if its not too late

picks received!

Im in this, I love soccer.

Go USA and Italy!!!

got em...

you're in! thanks.

I know there was a few more guys who said they were interested. I'll close this thread at around midnight EST...so get your picks in before then!

I know there was a few more guys who said they were interested. I'll close this thread at around midnight EST...so get your picks in before then!

Could this be a spring board for a Swos tournament (Gens or Snes)? Gotta buck? Buck for the Swos? I'm Swos I used to be somebody!

Could this be a spring board for a Swos tournament (Gens or Snes)? Gotta buck? Buck for the Swos? I'm Swos I used to be somebody!

Is Swos gonna organize it?

Is Swos gonna organize it?

Was referring to Sensible World of Soccer originally for Amiga but has a good port on Genesis and Snes: it's the footy equivalent to NHL'94 - and the best soccer game ever imo.