NHL'94 Forums

GDL Season 7 Final ANA at TB Game 1

dcicon5148

Wow...do either one of you know what defense is?

Shaftmans last season in gdl6:

Shaftman gdl6: 51 games played, 181 goals for, 307 goals against -126

Carse gdl 6: 56 games played, 384 goals for, 244 goals against, +140

FPB gdl 6: 56 games played, 330 goals for, 239 goals against, +91

so to answer your question, yes we both seem to know what defen"S"e is, relative to you of course. A better question would seem to be do you know what offense is?

Big talk coming from a small man, step into the SNES ring and see how well you do?

I love this comeback. the SNES talent pool is so watered down it isn't even funny. People who struggle in gens come over to snes and have instant success. Being terrible at video games doesnt change from system to system.. clearly you are not good and have more success playing against the smaller number of players that prefer snes who are not as skilled as the gens players. Guarentee if people like KG, frey, swos, HABS or myself came over to snes, within a matter of months we would dominate that game as well. There is no reason to do this, however, because the snes community is almost extinct compared to a thriving gens community.

I've made the Finals and Conference Finals on a system i never played with NJ.

Snes isn't the most rock hard thing.

But heh there's some good players (And Shaftman is better on Snes)

I would hope as its prettyyy hard to be worse than 6-39... :blink:

Guarentee if people like KG, frey, swos, HABS or myself came over to snes, within a matter of months we would dominate that game as well.

Is that an employed KG or an unemployed KG?

Lol. Carse if your so good then please, come and take me down.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11845

what are you waiting for?

FPB your pretty good at SNES but I don't see you particapting now that we have an A league, and didnt you rage out of the last snes season you played?

Oh, and it would take you a couple of months to dominate snes? anyone can be good at anything in a couple of months, If I played nothing but gens for 2 months straight I'd hand your ass to you, but who wants to waste that kinda time on a shitty game.

Thanks for editing my post bud...

but defense is with an S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense

Lol. Carse if your so good then please, come and take me down.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11845

Oh, and it would take you a couple of months to dominate snes? anyone can be good at anything in a couple of months, If I played nothing but gens for 2 months straight I'd hand your ass to you, but who wants to waste that kinda time on a shitty game.

Thanks for editing my post bud...

but defense is with an S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense

1. You have played in multiple gens leagues.. spanning over multiple months.. to no avail. You get last almost every single year man. Give it up, you are probably the only person who is arguing that the better players play SNES. AJ and FPB have both crossed over, with no previous experience, and had instant success. You, on the other hand, crossed over and got last place. Just stating the facts man.

2. Citing wikipedia is like getting your information from a homeless guy at the local library... Fail.

mario owns sonic

1. You have played in multiple gens leagues.. spanning over multiple months.. to no avail. You get last almost every single year man. Give it up, you are probably the only person who is arguing that the better players play SNES. AJ and FPB have both crossed over, with no previous experience, and had instant success. You, on the other hand, crossed over and got last place. Just stating the facts man.

2. Citing wikipedia is like getting your information from a homeless guy at the local library... Fail.

Okay, Carse, that's as far as you'll go. I dunno how long you'll gotten such big nuts to talk this way with the others, but you're really pushing it this time, just like with the MTL vs PHI series. Just in case you somehow got amnesia by convenience, Shaftman had won the Blitz B league last season and managed to reach the finals again and he went down fighting like a champ and I respect the guy for keep going, even if it's the one Gens league he's come back to. Don't even try to say crap to him or any of the other guys; it's about freaking time someone keelhauled you off your high horse and I hope that one of us will be able to do just that. It may not be today or tomorrow, but someday in the near future you're gonna get knocked on your ass real good as this foolish trash talk will come back to you.

And tell your brother Bo to show up and get in touch with me. We got 2 games to play in 91.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/defense ...better?

1. Talk to me when you grow up and try SNES

2. Masterof94 and Prodigy Were successful in gens.

that video brought some questions to mind:

1. gameplay isn't really that fast, is it?

2. awesome graphics editing to get Melrose instead of Barr... easy to do?

3. is the penalty for injuring made by replacing the second roughing penalty with the word injuring?

I guess I figured the second one was for removed majors (fighting), but seeing as there was a fighting one, too, I figure it was the redundant-looking roughing one, switched up.

I can't believe that Genesis is the more popular online version, mostly because of the lack of goalie control. that infuriates me and I don't know how y'all put up with waiting and waiting to switch to the tender, only to find that, by the time he is usable, the puck is already in the netting. that and no defense control makes me wonder if scores usually run in the high thirties.

that video brought some questions to mind:

1. gameplay isn't really that fast, is it?

2. awesome graphics editing to get Melrose instead of Barr... easy to do?

3. is the penalty for injuring made by replacing the second roughing penalty with the word injuring?

I guess I figured the second one was for removed majors (fighting), but seeing as there was a fighting one, too, I figure it was the redundant-looking roughing one, switched up.

I can't believe that Genesis is the more popular online version, mostly because of the lack of goalie control. that infuriates me and I don't know how y'all put up with waiting and waiting to switch to the tender, only to find that, by the time he is usable, the puck is already in the netting. that and no defense control makes me wonder if scores usually run in the high thirties.

Ugh no one cares about genesis-vs-snes arguments

You need to use experience/skill to predict ahead of time that you will need the goalie so you have him in time.

You will get the closest defenseman, which isn't a bad system.

as for the numbered points:

1. it's a pace we like. these two coaches are also not big passers, so the game looks slower than with guys who make 30-40 successful passes per game compared to their 15-20.

2. it's relatively easy to do with a decompressed 30-team ROM using Tile Molester, which is a java program, so it will work on Mac if you want to try it (but your system needs to know to run a JAR file as a program, or you'll have to drop into Terminal and run it with the correct text command (something like "java -jar tm.jar", but you'll need to google it since i don't remember exactly))

3. right, it's just a word replacement.

Edited by smozoma

I edited the first post, now you can watch it with commentary included and with some graphics added.

this is awesome! keep 'em coming when you've got the time :)

good excitement in the commentary, and keeping track of the names and so on, and little comments about abbreviated powerplays.. good stuff

only suggestion is to make sure the mic is not too close so it doesn't get blown on (or put it to the side a bit)

Edited by smozoma

Haha thanks smoz. That was actually my second attempt...I had the mic up too high the first time and it was even more garbled. And it wasn't a burger, it was a peanut butter sandwich. Choosy commentators choose Jif.