NHL'94 Forums

Hello again!

Hey dudes, long time no see. I'm getting back into the '94 and looking for some games/league/tourney. Hit me up on AIM awesomerino.

Also, if I'm playing on a Mac can I play against people on PC? Are the emulators compatible? If not, is there a Leper league where people like me can play?

Hey dudes, long time no see. I'm getting back into the '94 and looking for some games/league/tourney. Hit me up on AIM awesomerino.

Also, if I'm playing on a Mac can I play against people on PC? Are the emulators compatible? If not, is there a Leper league where people like me can play?

i think the kega emulator can do mac-pc play, but i've never tried it

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega

your opponent will need a similar version number (3.60-3.64 should be compatible, i think)

Great, so I have the 94 AIDS. f**k me.

welcome back bro. glad to have ya back. I'll forver remember you as the guy Jrod cursed all GDL 3 long (he got your drafted team :)

He was right to do so. Oates-Bondra-Muller or something terrible like that. I was young and confused.

He was right to do so. Oates-Bondra-Muller or something terrible like that. I was young and confused.

Yeah. The cracked out version of the legion of doom. :)

Also had two fat ass d men and dominic f**king hasek in net!!

Ps-Welcome back, rino!! Can't wait for Tomas Sandstrom's next interview!

Does anyone wanna try playing me to see if this works? Otherwise, I'm boned sans PC

can you get Darwine or WineBottler or whatever running on your Mac, so you can run windows programs?

Might look at Sun Virtualbox, but I am not sure about the performance of playing an emulator through a virtual machine.

it should be fine

these emulators are ancient and don't need much processing power

can you get Darwine or WineBottler or whatever running on your Mac, so you can run windows programs?

I was not even aware that such a thing existed. If I were to download and install one of these apps, would I be able to run a PC emulator?

I was not even aware that such a thing existed. If I were to download and install one of these apps, would I be able to run a PC emulator?

Actually, WINE stands for "wine is not an emulator." From what I understand (never having used it), it basically acts as a wrapper around a PC program, and intercepts the windows operating system calls, handling them properly for your OS. So there is no emulator involved. You just tell WINE (darwine or winebottler) to run your program, and it hooks up to it and makes it think it's running on windows.

Sun's Virtualbox is more like an emulator. It lets you create a 'virtual machine' (like a fake computer) inside your OS, and then run Windows in.. a window :). Then you can install programs and whatnot in your virtual Windows OS. You need a copy of windows for this to work, though. That's why WINE-based programs are nice, you don't need Windows.

Edited by smozoma