NHL'94 Forums

Editor v0.8.1

statto

excellent. keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

yes, my child. I sense your prayers and command you to secure your place in my eternal paradise by adding roster expansion options and any other appropriate features to an updated version of the application. amen or something.

• 1 year later...

People are still using this thing? Dear God.

If I ever find the time, I'd be willing to help make something a little more modern (storing the source code on github or something as well).

Edited by tjans

please do.

If I could see the source code, I would take a shot at it, though I would probably rewrite the program in Java or Python, something that would be easy to compile and run on Mac and Windows.

Though I have very little knowledge of Python, I would like to learn it and this would be a good project IMO

please do. what can I do to motivate you to create ANY programs/tools/apps for our beloved game?

I'll ride my unicorn right over and grab it.

If I ever find the time, I'd be willing to help make something a little more modern (storing the source code on github or something as well).

There's a tiny mistake in statto's editor, ENDurance is not endurance for goalkeepers (goalies' endurance is completely missing in the game), it is STICK RIGHT.

IIRC, the source has been discussed and statto doesnt have the source code anymore.

Edited by DominikJagr

that and bias could be just edited in, for sure, even if it is just some tip text pretty much anywhere so people know. anyway, great program -- I'd have paid for it if I had to. I hope it gets any sort of work because that would be cool. we have more stuff mapped since this last editor and a nice interface of those options would be great for the SNES hacking pulse around here. you could have the defense control default and stars and arrows and numbers and position....and ideally a display of player overall ratings.

Edited by tru

is the newest version the one linked from the http://www.nhl94.com/html/editing/edit_smc.php page? that page is very much outdated, so I wonder.

hey, Chaos, how would you feel about linking to both this whole forum section and the ROM mapping thread from that nhl94.com page? that could bring it into this decade, at least.

Edited by tru

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, kidswasted said:

Is there any update on this tool? I'm not able to run it on Windows 10. The roster tool works great but I believe I need to adjust lines using the SNES editor tool right?

Did you try changing the compatibility to Win 7 or XP? Also, make sure you run as administrator.

• Thanks 1

Try steps 3 & 4 from the NOSE instructions. They both are made using the same (old, obsolete) programming language.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14217-nose-12b-download/

They're made with Visual Basic 6, which was a hugely popular language in the 90s (and the one I cut my teeth on as well). It was an easy language to use to create GUI programs. Actually a very fun (if unsophisticated) programming language & environment to use.

On 1/27/2018 at 2:05 PM, Stefan said:

This doesn't appear to work on Windows 10.

1 hour ago, kidswasted said:

Is there any update on this tool? I'm not able to run it on Windows 10. The roster tool works great but I believe I need to adjust lines using the SNES editor tool right?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I was finally able to run it on my personal PC as my work PC kept deleting the files. However after opening the basic 94 ROM and clicking on Edit Teams is it supposed to look like this:

image.png

Also when I click on Edit Lines I get this error:

image.png

I Googled what a 380 error was:

Runtime Error 380 is simply a code that tells you a certain link in the chain is damaged or corrupted, unable to complete the commands that would allow whatever it is you are trying to do to load. In this case, it is usually a problem with root names and corruptions/problems within the Visual Basics directory.

Could it be that it's just a really old tool that may no longer work?

Okay so I figured it out. The file name is case sensitive. I was using a file named NHL94.smc which didn't work correctly or at all. I then used nhl94.smc and it works fine. Just wanted to share in case anyone else just starting out with editing had issues.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, kidswasted said:

Okay so I figured it out. The file name is case sensitive. I was using a file named NHL94.smc which didn't work correctly or at all. I then used nhl94.smc and it works fine. Just wanted to share in case anyone else just starting out with editing had issues.

This thing is still kicking my tail - I'm getting the screen that kidswasted is showing above. Its running in compatibility mode and i installed the library files and Visual Basic 6 but no joy. 

Any other troubleshooting tips?

4 minutes ago, TecmoJon said:

This thing is still kicking my tail - I'm getting the screen that kidswasted is showing above. Its running in compatibility mode and i installed the library files and Visual Basic 6 but no joy. 

Any other troubleshooting tips?

Try downloading the ROM directly from the nhl94.com homepage. For some reason that's the last hurdle some of these guys have had to get over.

• Thanks 1

The problem may be that it is a headerless ROM. You might have to add a header to it. I'm not sure (actually I doubt) Statto's Editor can take a headerless ROM. 

Look online, there are programs that can add a header to it

EDIT: The ROM in the RA package is headerless, the ROM in other locations I'll bet has a header.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chaos said:

The problem may be that it is a headerless ROM. You might have to add a header to it. I'm not sure (actually I doubt) Statto's Editor can take a headerless ROM. 

EDIT: The ROM in the RA package is headerless, the ROM in other locations I'll bet has a header.

I can confirm, I had the same problem. You need to use the ROM that is NOT headerless.
https://nhl94.com/multimedia/apps/nhl94_snes_smc.rar

Edited by McMarkis

14 hours ago, chaos said:

This worked for me.

Thanks @chaos @kidswastedand @McMarkis

• Thanks 1