NHL'94 Forums

Hall of Hame Class of 2010 Announced

clockwise

I thought there would be more guys in the player category? Only 3 total, 1 guy and 2 girls? I was under the impression it was going to be 4 guys and 2 girls this year??? hmmmm, guess I misinterpreted everything.

Ripped off is more like it. Mike Vernon didn't get much love either.

Ripped off is more like it. Mike Vernon didn't get much love either.

intersting...first time I heard anything about mike vernon as a high possibility for this selection. I kept hearing Joe Nieuwendyk was a sure thing.

intersting...first time I heard anything about mike vernon as a high possibility for this selection. I kept hearing Joe Nieuwendyk was a sure thing.

Well, both he and Barraso are well beyond 300+ wins in their careers, yet they aren't in the HOF. What's up with that, I ask? Simple, the voters are smoking crack up their ass. I'll never understand voters' way of thinking on HOFs in any league.

Well, both he and Barraso are well beyond 300+ wins in their careers, yet they aren't in the HOF. What's up with that, I ask? Simple, the voters are smoking crack up their ass. I'll never understand voters' way of thinking on HOFs in any league.

300+ wins in a career doesn't mean squat in the NHL compared to pitching in baseball.

Osgood(396), Joseph (454), Belfour (484) are all well north of 300. Would you say all 3 are HOF's? If you have to stop and think, then Vernon and Barrasso are no go's. I know Belfour is a definite, but the other 2, meh.

300+ wins in a career doesn't mean squat in the NHL compared to pitching in baseball.

Osgood(396), Joseph (454), Belfour (484) are all well north of 300. Would you say all 3 are HOF's? If you have to stop and think, then Vernon and Barrasso are no go's. I know Belfour is a definite, but the other 2, meh.

Agreed - Belfour may be HOF material... Although he went out more like a chump as age wore him down, he was still one of hockey's bests in his peak. Osgood, Joseph, Vernon, and Barrasso were all good goaltenders in their day - but I wouldn't agree they are HOF caliber such as Roy or Brodeur (he'll be there short after retirement - no doubt).

SI decided not to use their best staff for the HOF selection report...lol

1.The host calls him Dino 'chickarelli'

2.Farber mentions Robitaille in the report but they show a pic of Cammalleri

3.They spell Ciccarelli's name wrong in one of the graphics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/?eref=sinav

That's high quality, just like their NFL picks. :lol:

too funny, that's exactly why i stopped reading SI back in the late 80's lol. Their hockey coverage was/is a joke. The Sporting News is now my 'paper' of choice.

Agreed - Belfour may be HOF material... Although he went out more like a chump as age wore him down, he was still one of hockey's bests in his peak. Osgood, Joseph, Vernon, and Barrasso were all good goaltenders in their day - but I wouldn't agree they are HOF caliber such as Roy or Brodeur (he'll be there short after retirement - no doubt).

I dunno dude, he was solid boardering on spectactular his last 3 years with the Leafs. And pretty solid the last year with the Panthers:

2002–03 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 62 37 20 5 — 3738 141 7 2.26 .922

2003–04 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 59 34 19 6 — 3444 122 10 2.13 .918

2005–06 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 49 22 22 — 4 2897 159 0 3.29 .892

2006–07 Florida Panthers NHL 58 27 17 — 10 3289 152 1 2.77 .902

I dunno dude, he was solid boardering on spectactular his last 3 years with the Leafs. And pretty solid the last year with the Panthers:

2002–03 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 62 37 20 5 — 3738 141 7 2.26 .922

2003–04 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 59 34 19 6 — 3444 122 10 2.13 .918

2005–06 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 49 22 22 — 4 2897 159 0 3.29 .892

2006–07 Florida Panthers NHL 58 27 17 — 10 3289 152 1 2.77 .902

Yeah, Belfour was amazing until his last year. The Leafs are a team that has always (for the last 20 years, anyway) needed a goalie to stand on his head in order for them to be successful. Potvin, Joseph, Belfour... and if the goalie doesn't do well, the whole team bombs.

Giguere put up 2.49 and 0.916 in 15 games last season... Look out Eastern Conference :P He could be the new Joseph/Belfour.

Yeah, Belfour was amazing until his last year. The Leafs are a team that has always (for the last 20 years, anyway) needed a goalie to stand on his head in order for them to be successful. Potvin, Joseph, Belfour... and if the goalie doesn't do well, the whole team bombs.

Giguere put up 2.49 and 0.916 in 15 games last season... Look out Eastern Conference :P He could be the new Joseph/Belfour.

Just make sure you have a decent defense helping him and it'll happen.

Just make sure you have a decent defense helping him and it'll happen.

True that...Smoz, hurry up and get on that would ya? B)

no deals! if the Bruins lose Savard and Satan and Recchi all by this time next month, I'm going to be PISSED.

• 1 year later...

Apparently not...

I've been on the phones day and night... trying to get Savard for Kaberle

Not such a bad deal now, is it... (well, only barely.. 16 GP 0G 3A, -6 in Carolina)