• Jennings: Martin Brodeur
  • Masterton: Jose Theodore
  • King Clancy: Shane Doan
  • Lady Byng: Martin St. Louis
  • Messier Leadership: Sidney Crosby
  • Norris: Duncan Keith
  • NHL Foundation Player Award: Ryan Miller
  • Hart: Henrik Sedin

For me, there aren't too many surprises (the Calder was a toss-up, all three were worthy candidates.) I'm glad that someone other than Sid and Ovi win the Hart; Sedin truly was the MVP (look at the years for Burrows, Kesler, and Samuelsson.)

2009-2010 NHL First All-Star Team

G Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

D Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks

D Mike Green, Washington Capitals

C Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks

RW Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks

LW Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Second All-Star Team

G Ilya Bryzgalov, Phoenix Coyotes

D Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings

D Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit Red Wings

C Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins

RW Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning

LW Daniel Sedin, Vancouver Canucks

Edited by northstar91

Guest Wags13

Messier Leadership for complaining and whining to the refs during every stoppage of play? Please.

Messier Leadership for being a warrior and the face of the NHL.. sit down Rangers fan!

I think some good choices in there

I definetly think the Bryzgalof shoulda won the Vezina

the olympic exposure really helped Miller

I thought that the Bobby Ryan and Ryan Getzlaf skit was hilarious!

Messier Leadership for being a warrior and the face of the NHL.. sit down Rangers fan!

Honestly, I think Doan and Miller were better fits for the award (my personal pick would be for Doan, he gave a veteran presence to a team that was in shambles last September.) Also, I doubt very much that Crosby is a "warrior," though that is my personal (non-homer for Penguins) assessment. They had to give a trophy to Crosby, I guess.

Guest Wags13

Honestly, I think Doan and Miller were better fits for the award (my personal pick would be for Doan, he gave a veteran presence to a team that was in shambles last September.) Also, I doubt very much that Crosby is a "warrior," though that is my personal (non-homer for Penguins) assessment. They had to give a trophy to Crosby, I guess.

Nobody works harder than Crosby..nobody leads by example better..

Messier, Yzerman, Sundin, Sakic... all great leaders. Crosby isn't up there on that list right now. He could be, in a few years, but I don't think so.

Too bad they were not eligible for the award.

People who watch Crosby know he is a beast and doesn't have an off button. In addition to being a relentless worker and leading by example(best in the league at working the boards), he has the burden of being the face of the league and handles it with class. You don't see a Crosby interview where he is complaining about the refs or badmouthing an opponent. People who say he whines heard something about him from 3 years ago and should probably jump on the soccer bandwagon for now. Well deserved win for the Kid!

Too bad they were not eligible for the award.

People who watch Crosby know he is a beast and doesn't have an off button. In addition to being a relentless worker and leading by example(best in the league at working the boards), he has the burden of being the face of the league and handles it with class. You don't see a Crosby interview where he is complaining about the refs or badmouthing an opponent. People who say he whines heard something about him from 3 years ago and should probably jump on the soccer bandwagon for now. Well deserved win for the Kid!

well, the last interview i saw with crosby was after his incredible game 7 vs montreal and he said his penalty wasnt deserved :o

Guest Wags13

Messier, Yzerman, Sundin, Sakic... all great leaders. Crosby isn't up there on that list right now. He could be, in a few years, but I don't think so.

Crosby isn't up there on that list? He got to THAT LIST faster than all of those players you mentioned! He's not even 23 yet!

Its soooooo funny reading the Crosby haters in this community deny what's right in front of their face. You should thank your lucky stars Crosby is who he is, otherwise, there would be no league- when you Canadian fucks realize that you'll kill the sport rather than watch it grow is when you'll realize how much you need Crosby to expand it..

Crosby isn't up there on that list? He got to THAT LIST faster than all of those players you mentioned! He's not even 23 yet!

Its soooooo funny reading the Crosby haters in this community deny what's right in front of their face. You should thank your lucky stars Crosby is who he is, otherwise, there would be no league- when you Canadian fucks realize that you'll kill the sport rather than watch it grow is when you'll realize how much you need Crosby to expand it..

lol you know whats funny

you would never say that if crosby was in edm or phl

and these cities arent like pit, they dont need Crosby or Lemieux to have some fans :lol:

What freydey is saying is true, im a nucks fan through and through, I SAT THROUGH THE KEENAN ERA lets compare Crosby to say Mike Richards

Richie- cindy

Driver Diver

Fighter Flounder

Hardnosed Pansy Ass

Leader Loser

Guest Wags13

What freydey is saying is true, im a nucks fan through and through, I SAT THROUGH THE KEENAN ERA lets compare Crosby to say Mike Richards

Richie- cindy

Driver Diver

Fighter Flounder

Hardnosed Pansy Ass

Leader Loser

Lets compare you to say.. an idiot

Quit hating on Crosby just because you are a fan of a loser franchise..

Well Doan should have won it clearly.

Pittsburgh didn't have immense troubles or destroyed any expectations this year.

Tough i must give that Crosby didn't let up a second in the PIT/MTL series.

Tough he IS a f**king wiener about refs.

Guest Wags13

Crosby had guys who could barely skate let alone score goals this year at his wings and still had his team one game away from beating the piss out of the Flyers again in the playoffs and playing in a third straight cup final.. carried his whole team (including Malkin) all year.. no doubt the MVP

Lets compare you to say.. an idiot

Quit hating on Crosby just because you are a fan of a loser franchise..

Then, stop being a homer because your a fan of a bandwagon franchise,Deal?

Also, throwing out there in the event of wags bitching, what did H.Sedin do for the canucks.

Transformed what would be called worthless players into 20+ goal scorers.

GAGA!

Edited by pavel

Guest Wags13

Then, stop being a homer because your a fan of a bandwagon franchise,Deal?

Also, throwing out there in the event of wags bitching, what did H.Sedin do for the canucks.

Transformed what would be called worthless players into 20+ goal scorers.

GAGA!

A homer? Bandwagon franchise? I'm sorry I was born in the greater Pittsburgh area.. Crosby's stats and play warrant the MVP

Because you have a brain, and don't hate Crosby for being as great as he is..

I won't argue too much with this, but I want to make this point:

Hey. Bettman! There are two stars from Chicago too! Their names are Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane!! Don't forget about them in your next NHL endorsements. :)

Ehh - Crosby was more handed leadership and developed it because Mario Lemeuix and everyone else wrote the story before he hit the ice before his first game. Who honestly didn't predict Sid becoming a captain so soon? Look at Jonathon Toews - there's the true young leader of the league... He came in his first season and earned his hype and displayed leadership before being considered for a letter. Crosby, Ovie, when it comes to leadership both are inferior to Toews.

Edited by kupuck19

henrik sedin the mvp ? ..dont agree with that ,it was a TEAM effort,i think duncan keith should have got mvp ,the guy is a fricken monster and the best dman ive seen play in many many years.He is like scott stevens and brian leetch in 1,he is behind offensive net,nailing guys left n right,scores goals ,and gets the rush going ...the guy is most valuable player easily! wothout duncan keith the blackhawks dont challenge for president trophy and have much harder time in playoffs.H e made chi goalie better as well.

Edited by hokkeefan