NHL'94 Forums

Adding More players to Roster?

PittsPen

I am currently using NHL 94(June 28 NHL2010 rosters,for my Sim League, and i was wondering if i could add more players to the team. every time i try to it says: "You are currently unable to more players to this team due to limitations imposed by the Game engine!". I was hoping i could get around this.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

also i am using NOSE 1.2b

Edited by PittsPen

I am currently using NHL 94(June 28 NHL2010 rosters,for my Sim League, and i was wondering if i could add more players to the team. every time i try to it says: "You are currently unable to more players to this team due to limitations imposed by the Game engine!". I was hoping i could get around this.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

also i am using NOSE 1.2b

Are you using the auto Free Bytes feature? On the Teams window, there is a button in the top-left that automatically shifts the free space around so you can add more players to teams. There is a column in the table that tells you how many free bytes there are currently for each team, too. If you enable that option, then the free bytes will automatically move to whatever team you are editing.

If you are using that feature and still getting an error, then it sounds like the ROM ran out of room. This can happen if you have lots of players on every team, and many of them with long names.

• 1 year later...

I have thousands of free bites but I am not allowed to add more than fifteen players to a team.

What I want to do it make it so one team has almost all of the players from the game on it but I can't get more than fifteen skaters onto a team.

Any ideas?

edit: nvm i miscounted. i got 23 on there

Edited by feivelclark

how about the opposite...how do you take players off the teams without the computer guys (#0) showing up?I will cut it down to 2 lines and it seems fine untill i play rom and these guys are there

Edited by hokkeefan

You can't have more than 25 players on a team, and I think the limit is 15 forwards. (the limitation is based on the way the game stores the numbers and stats..)

Hokkee: I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but here are some tips: to delete a guy, use the X icon. When you add a new guy with the +, he comes in as #0. Remember to set up your lines. And remember to change the value that records the number of forwards and defense.

You can't have more than 25 players on a team, and I think the limit is 15 forwards. (the limitation is based on the way the game stores the numbers and stats..)

Hokkee: I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but here are some tips: to delete a guy, use the X icon. When you add a new guy with the +, he comes in as #0. Remember to set up your lines. And remember to change the value that records the number of forwards and defense.

would it be possible to cheat this by somehow giving one team an instruction to take players from EVERY teams roster?

would it be possible to cheat this by somehow giving one team an instruction to take players from EVERY teams roster?

Sure, the good old "use players from other teams" instruction defined in the Motorola 68000 CPU manual on page 56478 :P

No, there's no sane way to do this.

:P Oh boo.

Well I figured that there is an instruction which tells the cpu to look for player values in a certain place so I just further figured you would theoretically be able to tell it to look in all of the places where player values are found instead of just in the place corresponding to that team.

It knows where the team data starts for the current team, and it finds players relative to that. no simple/sensible way to get it to use multiple teams at the same time. you might be able to do something weird like get it to use a different teams' players each shift (maybe increment through the teams), but... who knows what unexpected problems would pop up. and someone has to find out how to do that, etc.. takes time.. probably will crash for some reason.. require more work.. etc..