NHL'94 Forums

what do you think of my custom made nhl 94 cartridge?

yeah... we need to know how you pulled this off and if you can make these for the rest of us or teach us to do it! I've been looking into this for a month or so and I'm a bit out of my league, but I have a friend helping....

edit: we were just typing about this same concept, here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11963

I really want to make cartridges out of the second and third games found here (both are SNES ROM hax): http://trudatmangames.blogspot.com

Edited by trudatman

I can hardly grasp what you seem to be claiming. You put a mod onto a cartridge? You made the AI better? Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. Kirk Muller may or may not be God.

hahaha you guys are so skeptical. I didnt make the rom myself. It just seems like the computer in the game plays better than in the original 94. perhaps the players ratings have been boosted somehow but the numbers that show up in the stats are in the high 60's low 70's. I think it is most noticeable when monitoring how the automatic goalie plays. it seems to flash the glove more frequently and stack the pads more as well. the defense also seems a bit beefed up by comparison. what I like best about the rom is that every team feels playable (even the islanders). do I need to post a video on youtube of it working? lol if thats what it takes.... i love how the guy who made the rom even took the time to update the team colours etc. its a very nice job

here is a video I just made to show you the game in action

a friend of mine also got a game made by the same guy. its the same rom that my cart uses but he made his own cover for it. im sure he wont mind me posting it on here. post-3387-079469900 1279013529_thumb.jpg

well, then put us in touch with the guy who makes them and tell us how much you paid, including shipping. please.

edit: I very much want dozens. maybe when the Bruins finalize their roster... and maybe NOW! I'm not patient enough for this! PLEASE put us in touch with the person who made the ROM -> cartridge and tell us the cost per you were quoted and received. PLEASE.

Edited by trudatman

haxed or haxable? big difference! we talking editor?

I just e-mailed the cat who made the cartridge for me and am waiting for a reply as to whether he is interested in making more custom 94 games. I will let all of you know when I receive a response.

I think im probably going to get another one made with 2010 rosters. I just downloaded the 2010 playoffs snes rom and it plays ok but im not so down with a lot of the ratings used for players in the game. I think whomever made the game rated the players a little low (similar to the original version of 94). while this may be all well and good for some....I prefer it when each team is at least fun to play with. (this is what I love about my 09).

I tried to use the nhl 94 editor on this site to edit the player ratings for the 2010 playoffs rom. however, when I click on one of the team logo's that appear in the menu up top nothing happens. if i double click on the team logo the program crashes. am I missing something? any help would be greatly appreciated.

also....I noticed that the 09 rosters rom that I used for my cartridge is not on here? (or at least I missed it) so I will enclose that in this msg as well. personally I think it is the best playing 94 rom out there. let me know what you think.

(edit) it says that im not "permitted to upload this kind of file" when I try and attach the rom to my post?

haxed or haxable? big difference! we talking editor?

Both? No editor, though (well, nothing more sophisticated than the editor I made for the '93 ROM).

I'll hack the code to add more teams, and add room for more players.

Graphics will be decompressed so you can edit them with Tile Molester. I'll probably add the current logos and a bunch of current player pictures.

I'll post the technical details and maybe statto will update his editor to support the expanded ROM.

you're gonna be upset in about 6 months when I release a hacked SNES 94 with updated player pictures and team logos ;)

waits in suspense..

my bad, the rom is on this site and its done by northstar91

northstar91 you are the real deal.

So it turned out the guy who made your cartridge is a user on this site?

waits in suspense..

So it turned out the guy who made your cartridge is a user on this site?

no he just made the rom, thats what i got from that. i'd be interested in finding out who made the cartridge though. this is pretty sick

don't worry guys. I have asked him via e-mail and im waiting for a response back. if he is able to accommodate the demands of making them for the fine members of this site then I will be happy to hook you guys up. Im just happy to be able to share my unbridled love for this game with some other like minded individuals. if anyone on here has skype please add me and we can have a game or two of 94 online. I bought the usb dual snes controller adaptor for my laptop and im obsessed. eventhough im from the westcoast of canada I go to law school in england and I obviously needed to get my 94 fix somehow when im over there. anyway, my skype name is potroast420, hit me up for a match or if you would like to "e-blaze"

thanks! keep us posted.

just heard the audio at the end of that clip for the first time. $50 is a lot. makes sense, though. I'm trying to learn to do this and my buddy makes chips at work... wish us luck. $50 seems like the labor charge. I suspect if I wanted thirty somebody would do the rest at 5ish. worth it. got to have that ROM finalized, though! I'm not done with any of my game projects. that would make deadlining a goal, having a cartridge or dozens as the outcome.

just heard the audio at the end of that clip for the first time. $50 is a lot. makes sense, though. I'm trying to learn to do this and my buddy makes chips at work... wish us luck. $50 seems like the labor charge. I suspect if I wanted thirty somebody would do the rest at 5ish. worth it. got to have that ROM finalized, though! I'm not done with any of my game projects. that would make deadlining a goal, having a cartridge or dozens as the outcome.

Flash usb carts are the only way to fly. Most of the fash carts I've seen use high capacity memory cards..

I have a programmable cart that can hold about 20 games, only I have to use an older comp that has a parallel port for it.

Thought about getting a cheap eeprom burner, but you'd have to sacrifice some games for pcbs and cases.

Got some box art and a sticker finished a while ago for a Gen case I'll put it up soon.

yeah, but can you put the flash ones in a sealed regular SNES cartridge casing? I want the shits to look official, yo.

yeah, but can you put the flash ones in a sealed regular SNES cartridge casing? I want the shits to look official, yo.

That's why I didn't get one at the time, wanted to put it in one of those yellow tab EA carts. In hindsight it's possible to fit a flash cart in a EA case with a little modding.

The Snes flash cart I saw was already in a transparent shell, you'd just have to switch out with a gray one.

• 2 years later...

you're gonna be upset in about 6 months when I release a hacked SNES 94 with updated player pictures and team logos....

this makes me sad. we have cartridge making members, but we still don't have a 30-team SNES ROM with edited logos.