NHL'94 Forums

Classic Madden CFL?

Does anybody know of an edit to some of the Madden Genesis games with CFL teams and rosters? Searched the web and couldn't find anything. Seems like a cool project.

I have a classic Madden version of CFL, and a Madden92 version of CFL I edited years ago that you can download from Classic Genesis Sports. I am currently porting it to the Bill Walsh College Football engine. These are from the 1994/1995 era, when there were teams in the United States. This was perfect to fill out the rom some more.

This was the middle of the Doug Flutie era of the CFL, and every CFL fan knows what magic Flutie could work!

We have had 2 leagues in CFL, and possibly a third CFL season this year. I am going to update the download links in the Classic Genesis Forums now for CFL, as I am sure the links in my forums are dead by now. I will also post them here as well when I have updated it.

Jeff

Classic Genesis Sports

http://www.homeiswhere.phpzilla.net/index.htm

I have a classic Madden version of CFL, and a Madden92 version of CFL I edited years ago that you can download from Classic Genesis Sports. I am currently porting it to the Bill Walsh College Football engine. These are from the 1994/1995 era, when there were teams in the United States. This was perfect to fill out the rom some more.

This was the middle of the Doug Flutie era of the CFL, and every CFL fan knows what magic Flutie could work!

We have had 2 leagues in CFL, and possibly a third CFL season this year. I am going to update the download links in the Classic Genesis Forums now for CFL, as I am sure the links in my forums are dead by now. I will also post them here as well when I have updated it.

Jeff

Classic Genesis Sports

http://www.homeiswhere.phpzilla.net/index.htm

Awesome site Jeff!

Thank you Halifax,

Here is the download link for CFL Madden

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KY7SHN9M

*Just a note, you need Gens Plus or Kega Fusion to play Madden91 roms, as it does not work correctly with regular gens (problems at setup screen).

The Madden91 version has 15 teams from the 1995 era, plus 2; Montreal'82, and the Miami Manatees expansion team, which was to play in 1996, but didn't happen as the American expansion collapsed. I also added an option just now for 2 minute quarters, to make it easier if you wish to play in the playoff tournament setting.

*Just a note, you need Gens Plus or Kega Fusion to play Madden91 roms, as it does not work correctly with regular Gens (problems at setup screen).

Here is a link for Gens Plus:

http://segaretro.org/Gens_Plus!?rdfrom=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.sonicretro.org%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DGens_Plus!%26redirect%3Dno

Edited by deadmeow

Russian Rocket: To each their own, but the league (outside of Toronto, that is) is going through quite the renaissance at the moment. There's a lot of Canadians who disagree with your assessment as boring CFL games outdraw Monday Night Football on TSN. Maybe you didn't get that memo.

Deadmeow: That is simply awesome... Playing the '92 version.... Love the 3 Down ball! I don't have much interest in the US teams as I think like most Canadians (and most Americans for that matter) have pushed that era out of our minds. I would love a game with updated rosters and filled up with classic teams but I'll gladly play your version until then. Very interested in the Bill Walsh edit, as I think I played it more than I did Madden.

Edited by travtera

lol nhl 94 legend isn't his name............

fpb is just trolling

why compare cfl with nfl? both seasons barely overlap.

This is like somebody posting they like oranges and how to eat the orange, and you saying oranges are boring as f**k and are like orangutang of mofapes.

lol nhl 94 legend isn't his name............

fpb is just trolling

why compare cfl with nfl? both seasons barely overlap.

This is like somebody posting they like oranges and how to eat the orange, and you saying oranges are boring as gager and are like orangutang version of mofapian mofapes. like wtga

or like me walking down the street smoking some buddd and you come up to me and say,budd is boring and the anus version of cigerettes.

Habs: Thanks for pointing the usernames out for me... I realize this guy is trolling but sometimes its fun to play with the trolls. And I completely agree about comparing the NFL and CFL being pointless. I'm not even a big Football guy but I can enjoy watching both games and what each offers.

Russian Rocket: I'll try sticking my head up my ass and see if that helps me see your argument better. Look, you don't like the CFL thats fine. I was merely pointing out that the monster ratings that TSN draws for CFL games leads me to believe that most Canadian football fans don't find the CFL boring. You are in the minority. If anything the 3 down ball brings a level of unpredictability, especially in the last couple of minutes of a close game. But I suppose you don't find that exciting. You want to attack the talent level of the CFL, I get that... It's not even close to being on par. But that doesn't mean the players aren't talented and the games aren't exciting. It's pro football with a rich history and it's our game. The league is a survivor and has character. The HD coverage they get from TSN is awesome and inline with pro sports today. It's a good product. In the end if you still don't like it, do us a favor and watch something else and shut the f**k up.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Madden CFL was re-released last year with some major updates for playability. The biggest updates were reduced tackling, so you can run and break tackles (both versions), and removed "blacked out" teams in CFL Madden92 so you can do playoff mode in that version also. Just added some minor fixes yesterday, so those are available for download now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/85891182/CFL%20Madden%201C%202013-01-25.rar

nice bud.....one of the great all time receivers, Geroy Simon, just got traded to the roughies. Maybe I'll spam those buds for updates.

• 1 month later...

What is the filename of the specific rom you are trying to load, and what emulator are you using (Gens, Gens Plus, Kega Fusion)?