NHL'94 Forums

Rookie in dire need of advice

Retrieving

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best NHL 94 version?

• Genesis
    • SNES
    • no matter the version it's still a great game

Yo, I've just found out about this great site and was left wondering if there's a chat wherein you can talk to other fellow NHL 94 players and arrange matches and stuff.

Also, I can't seem to be able to make Hamachi work on my machine for some reason, can I just play online through Kaillera (I'm familiar with port forwarding and hosting p2p matches) instead?

I'm kinda undecided regarding which version I should pick up, I used to play on SNES back in the day but dunno, what's the best/most popular one, SNES or Gens?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Is the forum dead or what :blink:

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, however one would think that being NHL 94 such an archaic and un-popular (albeit amazing) game at this time and age you'd actually want to lure new people in...

Edited by Retrieving

one would think that being NHL 94 such an archaic and unpopular (albeit amazing) game at this time and age you'd actually want to drag new people in...

most people play gens around here but there are still a few snes leagues from time to time

most people play gens around here but there are still a few snes leagues from time to time

Is there a chat? How do you guys contact each other and arrange friendlies and stuff?

I'd really like to try this online.

Edited by Retrieving

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, however one would think that being NHL 94 such an archaic and un-popular (albeit amazing) game at this time and age you'd actually want to lure new people in...

its a summer thing, forums/leagues are usually pretty dead right now. Activity usually coincides with the activity of NHL season.

A chat is a really good idea, we might see that in the future. Right now your best option is AIM, and also hamachi.

Same as the others have said...

The Genesis version is more popular, and in my opinion also better. In the end, it comes down to personal preference, though. Try them both out, I guess.

SNES has crisper / more accurate passing, while the Genesis version has a better framerate / smoother gameplay. I dislike how the SNES players can 'turn on a dime' and prefer the looser Genesis skating. Basically the SNES version is a bit more twitch, while the Genesis is more flow.

There's no group chat (though that would be cool...). People communicate via AIM instant messenger. If you don't want to install AOL software (hssssss), you can get an account at the previous link and then sign in via a web interface like meebo.com. (I don't play many games outside leagues, though..).

You don't strictly need Hamachi to play, since you can play on a 3rd-party server, but the direct p2p connection is (usually) better, and most people here don't know how to forward their ports, so use hamachi to avoid the need to do so. (27886 is the one to forward, btw).

If you wait about a month, the new seasons of the 'classic league' will probably start up again, and you can join the SNES and/or Genesis leagues to get some experience. The leagues are divided up my skill level ("A" league, B, C..)

Do both consoles at the same time man.

What would you do with a million dollars? Play Gens and SNES at the same time man.

Like most of the other guys said though, AIM is how guys get ahold of each other and the summer is probably the most inactive time with less leagues and stuff going on. My AIM name is kupucknhl94 - if you see me on hit me up for a few exhibition games.

Edited by kupuck19

I'm in the minority as far as enjoying SNES better than genesis, but I'd agree things are slow right now. I'm sometimes around for an exhibition game or two for SNES. My AIM sn is Raven20216. I would suggest getting a bunch of practice games in. The competition is pretty fierce.