NHL'94 Forums

Coming this fall...

right, you'll have to set up your controller as 6-button, and then you can use one of the extra buttons to take goalie control. amazing, can't wait to see it..

That is AWESOME. I do have a question, however. Remember how in NHLPA '93, you could call for a line change without dumping the puck? That was because there was no puck-dumping button. Would it be possible for you to have the same button now call for a line change but NOT dump the puck, and assign a different button to dumping the puck in '94?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need this game!!! any updates on your work? i like the idea of using rosters, lines, and ratings from NHL11. Are you doing anything with the music, i liked the opening soundtrack to this post. believe it. It's in the game. support movember. :D

audio editing hasn't been figured out yet. here is as far as we've gotten so far with audio editing.

I have a little concern. A few skaters are African-American, so I wonder if there's a technique or whatever that can give them their correspondent skin color instead of having everyone as whites. I know it's a cosmetic matter, but I wanted to ask about this.

I have a little concern. A few skaters are African-American, so I wonder if there's a technique or whatever that can give them their correspondent skin color instead of having everyone as whites. I know it's a cosmetic matter, but I wanted to ask about this.

I believe you mean African-Canadian ;)

But anyway, pretty sure there is no way currently to assign a different palette to different players..

Well, that too. Still, can it be done?

EDIT: Guess not, huh? Pity. :(

Edited by RedWingDevil

I believe you mean African-Canadian....

so, is Canadia no longer in America? what continent has it moved to? silly separatists.

good stuff. a few issues: home/away problems in menu; horrible font is bad in grey in the menus and worse on the ice; Bruins players' ratings were baffling with injured Sturm at 83ish and awesome players like Ference (leads the team in +/- yet is the worst starting defenseman on the Bruins in this hack) and Marchand much lower; fatigue is a tiny bit too fast in happening and WAY too fast in recovery.

did holding B always switch to the goalie (I guess I thought it was holding A+B)?

thanks!

Edited by trudatman

2on2 still needs plenty of tweaks, I hear. It'll be a while before it works out nicely. Original game seems nice and I like the new text font; it gives it a great fancy feel to the game. I'll test it later.

Godot? LOL, looks like someone's a Phoenix Wright fan. :lol:

oh, and the guy who leaves his seat to bang on the glass needs to have his animations changed to reflect the single panes of glass.

One thing I noticed when you're carrying the puck is that the new goalie button serves as a smart pass option of sorts that allows you to pass the puck to a guy on a better angle. Either that, or I feel that the passes are a little accurate than when they're done with the original pass button. It could just be me, though.

it is essentially pressing and holding B, only quickened to immediate, right? do tapped and held passes differ?

Yes, something to that effect.

I had expected that the goalie button would have been X. It's on the Triangle button of my PS2 controller and thus would be easier to reach. Y is the L1 button as it stands.

so, is Canadia no longer in America? what continent has it moved to? silly separatists.

was kidding, but you removed the ";)" when quoting me...

underlying point i left out though is, who says 'african-american' anymore? is 'black' offensive? i've never found 'white' to be. should i call myself european-american? but then europeans are just african-europeans who turned white over time... so.. i'm african-american. canadian. i'm a pale human.

home/away problems in menu; horrible font is bad in grey in the menus and worse on the ice; Bruins players' ratings were baffling with injured Sturm at 83ish and awesome players like Ference (leads the team in +/- yet is the worst starting defenseman on the Bruins in this hack) and Marchand much lower; fatigue is a tiny bit too fast in happening and WAY too fast in recovery.

did holding B always switch to the goalie (I guess I thought it was holding A+B)?

thanks!

yeah the font is not quite as readable as the original, but i guess it has a more modern look to it.. only so much you can do with such a small game resolution :)

clockwise can't be an expert on every team's secondary players (and with Ference playing 17 minutes a game and having 2 assists, I wouldn't rate him too highly myself, no matter his +/-)

it's always been holding B for ~0.5 seconds to take control of the goalie.

2on2 still needs plenty of tweaks, I hear. It'll be a while before it works out nicely.

i need to fix the line change crash in 2on2. I think i did something wrong in my thread about it.. so i'll check it out when i get the chance..

One thing I noticed when you're carrying the puck is that the new goalie button serves as a smart pass option of sorts that allows you to pass the puck to a guy on a better angle. Either that, or I feel that the passes are a little accurate than when they're done with the original pass button. It could just be me, though.

i didn't really detect a difference.. but you usually have a high pass % so maybe you're more sensitive to it.. but i didn't notice a difference.. could just be that you take more time to press the button since you're not used to it, so you aim better in that extra time.

it is essentially pressing and holding B, only quickened to immediate, right? do tapped and held passes differ?

I was under the impression they (clockwise and kaneda) were bypassing the waiting code completely, not simply setting the wait to 0 (after all, it's a different button, so why bother with the waiting code). When it detects you press Y and you don't have the puck, it goes straight to goalie control.

And I guess they also hooked up Y to pass... Maybe they can make it line change with some extra effort some time...

I don't think you can hold down B to pass differently -- it passes immediately when you press the button down.

I had expected that the goalie button would have been X. It's on the Triangle button of my PS2 controller and thus would be easier to reach. Y is the L1 button as it stands.

You should be able to change the button mapping in the emulator if you want to change it. I suspect he chose Y because it's over B, which is where your thumb on a sega control tends to be.

Did someone played a game online? I tried with habs and mcarthurbsu33 and we had desynch issues :(

Did someone played a game online? I tried with habs and mcarthurbsu33 and we had desynch issues :(

I'm here if you want to test it out, but I must re-fix my p2p issues again. They crept up their ugly heads when I tried playing with Icestorm in Blitz.

Where to download this? Someone said it is posted on NHL91.com but I can't find it.

in the top blog post, hit "read more," and then the link is in the image on the next page ("NHL 11", next to Toews)