NHL'94 Forums

Coming this fall...

Fantastic work here guys. Can't thank you enough for keeping this game alive with this stuff. I've got my buddy addicted to playing again after we slipped a few games in at half-time during football. Everything from the intro graphics to the uniforms, the game play it's all excellent.

One question: it seems like the speed burst has been reduced. I know that there was some talk of this hack previously, not sure if it's been applied or not. We play without fatigue, and you used to be able to catch up with most breakaways...now it seems like a guy 2 speed points slower than another just can't catch up. I realize people think this may be unrealistic, but the angles that defenseman take are so stupid that I thought it was a necessary evil. Also, using a slow guy with big hitting numbers that made some sense in previous weight bug fixed versions is now less of a consideration since they are so hindered by the speed issue.

Anyway, I guess I can do some work and reverse the hack.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

93 is great, but it's kind of the same game, just without one-timers...I wish people cared about 92...there's a real difference between that and the following titles. more unpredictability and flukish goals...awesome to play online. ask halifax.

93 is great, but it's kind of the same game, just without one-timers...I wish people cared about 92...there's a real difference between that and the following titles. more unpredictability and flukish goals...awesome to play online. ask halifax.

Indeed.

I love '92...the fighting, the abundance of penalties, the crazy whack goals in from time to time. It's pure fun.

Hey guys, anyway we can get the rosters updated with the rosters as of the trade deadline today!? There's been a lot of big trades the past 3 weeks, it could use an update! Love this ROM.

Indeed.

I love '92...the fighting, the abundance of penalties, the crazy whack goals in from time to time. It's pure fun.

Maybe make a mini-league with '92 one day? Looks like you do want to play that one.

Hey guys, anyway we can get the rosters updated with the rosters as of the trade deadline today!? There's been a lot of big trades the past 3 weeks, it could use an update! Love this ROM.

WOOPS! I just read that the next update is suppose to be coming in April. Looking forward to that roster update as a pens fan. Malkin, Crosby, Staal, Kunitz, Neal, Kovalev....it's gonna be pretty nasty.

We'd let Jesus know about it, except he's been AWOL for a few months now. He and Smoz were the ones responsable for this cool ROM; you'd have a better chance meeting Jeremy Roenick in a playoffs game than finding Jesus online.

We'd let Jesus know about it, except he's been AWOL for a few months now. He and Smoz were the ones responsable for this cool ROM; you'd have a better chance meeting Jeremy Roenick in a playoffs game than finding Jesus online.

It's Jesus's ROM; I just contributed some new hacks to it that I happened to complete at the time the ROM was coming out..

It's Jesus's ROM; I just contributed some new hacks to it that I happened to complete at the time the ROM was coming out..

Smoz, does that mean you'll have a roster update in April? I know you had a lot to do with the rating system and weight bug fix right? I think this is the best ROM we've seen so far!

Smoz, does that mean you'll have a roster update in April? I know you had a lot to do with the rating system and weight bug fix right? I think this is the best ROM we've seen so far!

This is Jesus's ROM; it's not mine to update. It uses some hacks I made that anyone can use. All the ratings are his.

That this ROM is the first place a couple of my new hacks appeared (0-15 player ratings, better Three Stars) is pretty much just a coincidence of timing. The weight bug fix has been around since the Blitz League started in 2008.

My inside info on the ROM came from just chatting with jesus once in a while, not from working on the ROM.

This is Jesus's ROM; it's not mine to update. It uses some hacks I made that anyone can use. All the ratings are his.

That this ROM is the first place a couple of my new hacks appeared (0-15 player ratings, better Three Stars) is pretty much just a coincidence of timing. The weight bug fix has been around since the Blitz League started in 2008.

Darn, hopefully he comes back to update it. It would be a shame to see this ROM end where it started! It's fantastic! I'd love to play in a league with it over the summer or something. There wasn't a NHL 94/10 league but I think there would be interest for a NHL 94/11 league if the rosters get updated.

Darn, hopefully he comes back to update it. It would be a shame to see this ROM end where it started! It's fantastic! I'd love to play in a league with it over the summer or something. There wasn't a NHL 94/10 league but I think there would be interest for a NHL 94/11 league if the rosters get updated.

we had a league like that not too long along that used last seasons rosters (or current id quite remember) but it was called fincup. As for this being updated it won't not till after this NHL season and free agency is finished

But you can always hope jesus comes back and does at least something

Wags: I was wondering the same thing, and I'm guessing it probably hasn't.

Mav: I'm thinking if clockwise does come back to update it and maybe get it to work online, then there would definitely be interest in a league with it. There are a lot of new guys playing in Classic and a lot of people that didn't register in time that are looking for leagues to play in. This would be great over the summer!

Mav: I'm thinking if clockwise does come back to update it and maybe get it to work online, then there would definitely be interest in a league with it. There are a lot of new guys playing in Classic and a lot of people that didn't register in time that are looking for leagues to play in. This would be great over the summer!

i would sign up for it definitely, but also jesus runs the 91 league too so he could do either or a league with current rosters or the 91 league again thats if there is enough interest in it

Edited by mav

Hey, this is amazing. What an achievement!

I'm new to the site, and have always loved this game, but to come on here & see people so dedicated to it, not just to organise leagues, but to keep updating rosters etc is just amazing. To see a whole new version of the game like this though is something unbelievable, and although i'm an Nhl94 and Nhlpa93 fan rather than a hockey fan, I am really looking forward to getting to know this version of the game.

The guys that created NHL94 i'm sure wouldn't believe that it's still being played 17 years on, has a thriving fan community and is inspiring new versions of the original. The game is always going to be a big part of my youth, and although there's lots of others i've got great memories of, i've never seen another touch people in such a special, deep and personal way. Where that comes from I don't know, because it's from a deeper place than the code or graphics or anything like that. Incredible.

Once again, congratulations on an amazing achievement. I'm looking forward to competing in many online leagues in the future with you guys, and to getting into this new version of the game, perhaps for the next 17 years!

Hey, this is amazing. What an achievement!

I'm new to the site, and have always loved this game, but to come on here & see people so dedicated to it, not just to organise leagues, but to keep updating rosters etc is just amazing. To see a whole new version of the game like this though is something unbelievable, and although i'm an Nhl94 and Nhlpa93 fan rather than a hockey fan, I am really looking forward to getting to know this version of the game.

The guys that created NHL94 i'm sure wouldn't believe that it's still being played 17 years on, has a thriving fan community and is inspiring new versions of the original. The game is always going to be a big part of my youth, and although there's lots of others i've got great memories of, i've never seen another touch people in such a special, deep and personal way. Where that comes from I don't know, because it's from a deeper place than the code or graphics or anything like that. Incredible.

Once again, congratulations on an amazing achievement. I'm looking forward to competing in many online leagues in the future with you guys, and to getting into this new version of the game, perhaps for the next 17 years!

Awesome post! My sentiments exactly!

CAPITALISM LG :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

awesome work.. man, so glad i got this 2011 update!!

as a Pens fan, only downside, the vegas gold dont show up very well on the Uni's, but oh well, no big deal..

thanks guys!!

I just downloaded this and played it.

AMAZING. It really is amazing. Love the mix of Sega and NES graphics. And love the updated graphics on the score board in the bottom right corner (NHL95?). Breathes life back into NHL94. It's like a newly released game. Outstanding.

Thank, you. I'M IN LOVE!!!!

Did someone played a game online? I tried with habs and mcarthurbsu33 and we had desynch issues :(

I figured out the cure for this.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12929-how-to-play-patched-games-in-netplay/