• Ye
    • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    • Only if it comes with free broken stick

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to get it as usual.

Me and my pals always get it, and create a club in the EASHL league. Hope they tone down the glitches D=.

God damn happy they added the CHL teams. Now we won't draft random asses in the draft (Which makes rebuilding boring).

Stupid Rookies always with either middling rating to start and no potential, or super high potential but s**t rating (60)

I'm not sure yet. Guess I'll end up getting it in the end. But I'm pretty put off by NHL 10 that hangs/freezes a lot on my PS3. And obviously is pretty common. With no response on the official forum. Just "clean your disc" etc. Shite, I had put my über mint disc in TWICE... And what whit it being console crap there's no way to get like a crash dump or whatever to figure out what the hell is wrong. Oups, didn't mean for that to turn into a rant. :)

The Puck Podcast had a pretty nice interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, Producer for EA Sports NHL ’11, this week by the way.

I'll probably get it - I hope NHL 11 makes 1-timers less glitchy, I thought NHL 09 did a good job down-toning 1-timers but NHL10 you could score a backhand 1-timer from the top of the circle just because it's a one timer - IMO not good for a game that prides itself on being simulation and realistic. I like the ability to lose balance - maybe it will get rid of all the ugly/unreal looking shots and maybe force people to have to learn how to shoot like an actual hockey player. The face-off additions are cool too - I'd like to see more updates on the make your own plays mode.

The Puck Podcast had a pretty nice interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, Producer for EA Sports NHL ’11, this week by the way.

Interesting interview..

• He says they took the physics from Fight Night Round 4, so when you hit guys, it's physics that drives the reaction, rather than an animation. If you're a small guy and you try to hit Pronger, you might end up the one on the ice.
  • Rebounds are also physics based, so they'll be different depending on where you hit the goalie.
  • There's a faceoff mode... lots of input from Jared Stoll (56.0% last year, 10th in the league)
  • And a new, but unnamed/undescribed "most addictive game mode ever"
  • Demo in mid-august. Just 1 period, plus a bit of that new game mode...
  • Correct goal horns...
  • Same guy doing the ratings as in the past few years.
  • 5 European leagues (no KHL?)
  • More realistic arena music (Olé... most common songs actually played at games...)
  • Still no controller customization other than skill stick / classic : (
  • Disallowed goals

I just hope they got rid of the zombie referee eyes *shudder*

I only have a PS2, but I will be heading to college in the fall so I hope my roomate has a XBOX360 or a PS3, and I hope he allows me to play his system only for NHL11 puposes. My latest enstallment of this game that I have owned is NHL 07 for PSP so I'm dying for something new and better. Hopefully my roomate is a nice guy.

Interesting interview..

• He says they took the physics from Fight Night Round 4, so when you hit guys, it's physics that drives the reaction, rather than an animation. If you're a small guy and you try to hit Pronger, you might end up the one on the ice.
  • Rebounds are also physics based, so they'll be different depending on where you hit the goalie.
  • There's a faceoff mode... lots of input from Jared Stoll (56.0% last year, 10th in the league)
  • And a new, but unnamed/undescribed "most addictive game mode ever"
  • Demo in mid-august. Just 1 period, plus a bit of that new game mode...
  • Correct goal horns...
  • Same guy doing the ratings as in the past few years.
  • 5 European leagues (no KHL?)
  • More realistic arena music (Olé... most common songs actually played at games...)
  • Still no controller customization other than skill stick / classic : (
  • Disallowed goals

I just hope they got rid of the zombie referee eyes *shudder*

It feels like a slow drip with EA. I wonder how much stuff they could pack in every year, but don't in order to have a new feature for the next iteration.

Unlike some of the other cash cows, like Sonic or Mario, that will wane in popularity over time, EA has the ultimate gold mine, as people will never stop buying sports games.

It feels like a slow drip with EA. I wonder how much stuffthey could pack in every year, but don't in order to have a new featurefor the next iteration.

Unlike some of the other cash cows, like Sonic or Mario, that will wane in popularity over time, EA has the ultimate gold mine, as people will never stop buying sports games.

he was saying they'll probably do ice entrances in the next couple years (like the oilers coming out under the oil tower thingie... the sharks coming out of the shark mouth...)

apparently they redid the menus a lot in this one.

I'll get it, but mainly because I haven't missed a new EA NHL game since '96 and have no reason to stop now. I was addicted to '08 and '09, but barely played '10. Hopefully this one is far better than '10, which it looks like it could be.

I wish those assholes would realise they're all imported and we're not interested in having 3 black teamates playing EASHL all named Wong, Ramjamsingh or Rupert.

f**king PUT REAL RATES. We should see a black teamate once every 10 game, not on every shift.

Just put random names, not godamn names of the producers that sounds like your playing in a beer league.

I'll be getting it as well once i get around to fixing my 360 that is

Oh Ill be getting i of course, my g/f actually just preordered it for me. Who wants to have a league for PS3?

we should make a league for sure

So.. Among fellow NHL 94'ers.. Am I really the only one that thinks the controls suck arse!? IRL I seem to be the only one having the slightest beef with them. Guess my biggest problem is that you can't chose to shoot with R1, since... Well why not!? >_< And just fake shots like you did 10 years ago, by just quickly tapping the pass button, easy peasy. I know in 09 the R1 basically just told team mates to shoot, don't even remember what it does (with puck) in 10. :)

Sure there's a "Classic" option, but that instead loses a lot lot lot of controls? I haven't even tried it, since it's just way the other way and is instead too limited. NHL Hitz probably had my favorite control scheme and overall control over the player (sure you can't do the modern fancy dekes, but heck, I can't do them anyway haha).

customizable controls would be nice, but that interview said they aren't adding it (this year at least).

one thing i would like them to fix is how easy it is to accidentally check someone in front of the net.

if my teammate has the puck and i pull back on the stick, it should wind up for a powerful one-timer, not check the guy in front of me.

and if the puck is loose in the slot and i'm near it, if i flick the stick a few times, obviously i'm trying to whack at the loose puck and get a shot on net.. not crosscheck the defender in the face... :( sooo annoying getting penalties for these things. these should be pretty easy things to add to the game (if in_the_offensive_zone=true: wind_up(), else: bodycheck())

customizable controls would be nice, but that interview said they aren't adding it (this year at least).

one thing i would like them to fix is how easy it is to accidentally check someone in front of the net.

if my teammate has the puck and i pull back on the stick, it should wind up for a powerful one-timer, not check the guy in front of me.

and if the puck is loose in the slot and i'm near it, if i flick the stick a few times, obviously i'm trying to whack at the loose puck and get a shot on net.. not crosscheck the defender in the face... :( sooo annoying getting penalties for these things. these should be pretty easy things to add to the game (if in_the_offensive_zone=true: wind_up(), else: bodycheck())

they fixed that Smoz, you hold the "Vision Control" button (R2 on PS3, RT on 360) and your player wont check in the offensive zone

they fixed that Smoz, you hold the "Vision Control" button (R2 on PS3, RT on 360) and your player wont check in the offensive zone

Ahhhh, Thanks for the tip!

I was only using that to go into the corners and pass out front. (It's actually LT on the 360 -- RT is for calling for a pass)

oh wait, your right, its L2 on PS3 not R2. but yeah, they fixed that in a patch in NHL '09 actually after people were complaining about just that thing in the EASL.

Edited by xdeathsbloodx

anyone on the 360 looking for a league in NHL 11?

I'd be interested - haven't played in a 360 league yet but I've been wanting to give it a shot.

Along with the addition of the CHL the addition of the NCAA would be nice as well, being able to play a college type of ranking system season with a frozen four tourney at the end would be much more fun AI wise IMO.

Edited by kupuck19

• 3 weeks later...

info plus a video about that new feature they wouldn't mention before...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=535855

The goal of the mode is obvious enough, to create the ultimate hockey team. You assemble your team through a player card system, beginning with a starter pack that contains players from every league in hockey -- NHL, American Hockey League, Canadian Hockey League, and various European leagues -- logo and home and away uniforms, an arena to call your own, a coach, training, contracts, and more. With this starter pack, you are free to begin assembling your lines, managing your contracts, working on team chemistry, training your players, etc. Once you have your team set the way you like, you are free to begin playing with your ultimate team in either online contests against other human opponents or offline CPU opponents.

Oh Ill be getting i of course, my g/f actually just preordered it for me. Who wants to have a league for PS3?

not a lg but a little tourney could be fun!

il get it, no need to preorder it tho, its nhl lol

info plus a video about that new feature they wouldn't mention before...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=535855

Yeah, they have this feature in the just released version of Madden, I havent done much reading about it in the Madden game, but what I have read hasnt been that promising.

oh, and as if I needed any more reason to buy NHL 11, it has been confirmed that EA will FINALLY include Hartford Whalers jerseys in NHL '11

The Whalers-crest trademark expired last summer, prompting the return of merchandise and replica jerseys that are available almost anywhere hockey gear and apparel is sold.