NHL'94 Forums

Who's buying NHL11?

14 members have voted

1. 1. You buy?

• Ye
    • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    • Only if it comes with free broken stick

Retrieving: Not like I didn't want to play manual, it just what inconvenient in my strategy.

In Fifa (Or maybe just plain soccer idk), you can always try and keep a triangle between three players, so you can make the opposite team run like headless chickens while you cycle the ball and finally pass it into an opening.

Problem is with manual in that situation is that often the 3rd man (Most deep in O zone) will be out of camera. And if you play with the vertical camera it will do the same but for the 1st man. So it's just a pain in the ass to guess the exact spot.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In NHL 09 i was in the top 100.

I believe there's more damn players than SWOS.

Now let's move on.

Fifa can be played with Semi auto and still win a lot. I rented the game and had like 25 W and 6 L.

I'l be able to get it on September 6th. (Maybe) There's a tourny for the game at the local video store. Whoever wins it will have the copy before anyone.

Ya but I heard that on Sept 7 there reseting all of the online settings so all the guys that got a head start and somehow got the game early won't have a stats advantge. I don't know how there able to do this but they are apparently.

Good luck winning that, bro! At the very least you have a chance to get a free copy.

I'm still shafted when it comes to money. Eventually, I'll get a copy.

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out that, in fact, you CAN buy Ultimate mode card packs with real money and use them online. Boo.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl11/review.html

gamespot did give the game a better review score than last year's, though (9.0, up from 8.5)

Smoz: It's GREATLY upgraded. Checks are way more realistic, Faceoffs rely more on strategy than random luck.

As for packs... they don't help all that much.

My best scorer is Guillaume Lefebvre (Yay perfect in 8 games) and I kicked the ass of teams with lidstrom, Richards or big stars on it while Chris Kelly is my best player.

Btw finished 4th on 40 in the tourny.

who got this game on ps3

lets make a tourney

It turns out that, in fact, you CAN buy Ultimate mode card packs with real money and use them online. Boo.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl11/review.html

gamespot did give the game a better review score than last year's, though (9.0, up from 8.5)

Smoz: It's GREATLY upgraded. Checks are way more realistic, Faceoffs rely more on strategy than random luck.

As for packs... they don't help all that much.

My best scorer is Guillaume Lefebvre (Yay perfect in 8 games) and I kicked the ass of teams with lidstrom, Richards or big stars on it while Chris Kelly is my best player.

Btw finished 4th on 40 in the tourny.

I liked the demo -- the checking was sweet, and finally faceoffs make sense (not that I won many of them -- and I still want a ref dropping the puck window like '94! :) ). I'm in $aving mode at the moment, though, so I'll probably hold off until christmas time or maybe even '12, since I never finished a season of '08, '09, or '10.

As for the cards.. I just think being able to buy your way to being better (either by getting better players on your Ultimate Team or having magic gloves of +3 shooting accuracy like it's Dungeons & Dragons) is kind of .. wrong. (Last time I'll mention it (this year)!)

Well this year around, in the EASHL.

You can BUY Upgrades, but you have to EARN your upgrade slots. (And most of the time buying is useless since for the biggest boost, you have pretty much the same achievement as the 2nd or 3rd boost slots)

(And they removed the retarded colour things)

• 1 month later...

who got this game on ps3

lets make a tourney

good idea, im in!

PSN: Freydey