NHL'94 Forums

Tecmo Super Hockey

Yeah, it's pretty weird, huh?

Back then in the old days of Nintendo, Tecmo was pretty known for making nice games like Ninja Gaiden and Tecmo Bowl; when the Genesis and SNES came to our lives, they did the correspondent versions of Tecmo Super Bowl, as well as Super Basketball for the NBA and Super Hockey for the NHL.

This games feels... different, so to speak. I just found this video by browing a few hockey games on YouTube and I thought I'd show it to you guys so that you see it for yourselves and check out your opinions. Is it a good game or should it go to a trashcan?

Yeah, it's pretty weird, huh?

Back then in the old days of Nintendo, Tecmo was pretty known for making nice games like Ninja Gaiden and Tecmo Bowl; when the Genesis and SNES came to our lives, they did the correspondent versions of Tecmo Super Bowl, as well as Super Basketball for the NBA and Super Hockey for the NHL.

This games feels... different, so to speak. I just found this video by browing a few hockey games on YouTube and I thought I'd show it to you guys so that you see it for yourselves and check out your opinions. Is it a good game or should it go to a trashcan?

I want that 9:12 of my life back.

Haha, I remember it being solid but unspectacular, just like all of Tecmo's sports games after Tecmo Super Bowl for NES (including the infinitely inferior Genesis and SNES versions)

• 5 years later...

Fun fact: Tecmo Basketball for the NES features one of the few appearances of Michael Jordan in a video game.

Yep, some others include Lakers vs Celtics, Bulls vs Lakers, Bulls vs Blazers, and NBA Showdown. He did not make it to NBA Live 95 and very unfortunately the NBA Jam series.

Yep, some others include Lakers vs Celtics, Bulls vs Lakers, Bulls vs Blazers, and NBA Showdown. He did not make it to NBA Live 95 and very unfortunately the NBA Jam series.

Jordan vs Bird!

IIRC the NBA Jam programmers hated Jordan. IIRC in some versions if you attempt a buzzer beater with CHI vs DET you auto brick regardless of how good the shot is.

• 3 weeks later...