NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 - GENS = 30 Teams

Nawrockstar

I was wondering if anyone was ever able to create a version of NHL 95 for GENS with all 30 teams in it. The best I have is a version for GENS with last season's rosters and only 28 of the 30 teams in it. Any help would be much appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone was ever able to create a version of NHL 95 for GENS with all 30 teams in it. The best I have is a version for GENS with last season's rosters and only 28 of the 30 teams in it. Any help would be much appreciated.

wboy made the 94 and 93 30-team ROMs, but he's not too active here anymore, so I think we're out of luck.

wboy made the 94 and 93 30-team ROMs, but he's not too active here anymore, so I think we're out of luck.

thanks for the heads up

well if wboy or anyone else is up to the challenge of figuring it out I would be willing to do the roster updates for the upcoming season as long as i had a 30 team rom for NHL95 GENS

are there faq's on how to expand the rom to 30 teams?

are there faq's on how to expand the rom to 30 teams?

I made a guide when I was doing SNES 93:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11637&view=findpost&p=89809

Gens will be different (and thankfully lacking the whole "bank" concept), but this gives you an idea of what is involved.. you have to move data to a new place in the ROM (so it has more room around it for extra team info), and then figure out every place in the ROM where it references that data and update the reference.

That guide doesn't cover graphics.

Here is the guide that shows you how to do Genesis hacking in general (this is the guide I started learning from..) : http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=3474