NHL'94 Forums

new 2010 snes roster update!

kirkmullerisgod

I downloaded the snes 2010 roster update on here and while I absolutely applaud the efforts put in by the original makers of the rom, I found that the ratings of players were lower than I would have preferred. I assume this was done to keep the ratings more closely in line with the scale used in the original 94. while I have great respect for this authenticity, I found myself wanting a little more from the game. thus....I have spent the last month painstakingly updating the 2010 rom with what I feel to be a more accurate portrayal of the players abilities. I scouted every single player using stats from the season so before you complain about certain ratings; please check the stats for the past year or two for each player. give the game a play through with a couple of teams and check the roster ratings etc and see how each team compares. I have been tweaking this rom constantly in my spare time to try and make the ratings of players as accurate as possible. let me know what you think.

NHL \'10 Playoffs.zip

• Like 1

ps. check out the canucks home and the devils away jerseys. I had to throw it back!

is there anyone out there who will play me online? I haven't been able to find anyone to play online against. my skype is potroast420. add me!

Edited by kirkmullerisgod

thanks. I hope to check it out soon and give you comments. are you going to do a tweak of the rosters when opening night rosters are announced in the first week of the season?

I suppose that I could make a 2011 update. I put sooo much work into trying to make sure that the players would play with the appropriate realistic attributes that one would expect. you will notice that certain 100 rated players play much differently than others. my goaltender ratings were also based almost completely off of a mix between save percentage and goals against averages. obviously there was an element of personal bias associated with my rankings in this particular field but I do feel that my rankings will hold up to scrutiny when the player statistics are examined. anyway, im still hoping for some online competition if anyone out there is down to smoke a bowl over skype and play me a few games.

• 2 weeks later...

sooo..... does anyone out there like the game? or do you all hate it? I hope people are at least downloading it and enjoying it. I wish I could see how many people downloaded it

sooo..... does anyone out there like the game? or do you all hate it? I hope people are at least downloading it and enjoying it. I wish I could see how many people downloaded it

There's 9 downloads....when you log in you should be able to see it below the attachment.

it's pretty good. hoping for a rosters update.