NHL'94 Forums

Little League Baseball NES League

crackawhat

Hey guys, I know this is a hockey forum but I figured maybe people would be interested in an online baseball league? It would be using Little League Baseball Championship Series on Jnes. It's a great class baseball game and works well online. Below is a tier list of the teams as well as some info about the season.

Team tier list:

19 - New York

18 - Canada

16 - California

16 - Chinese Taipai (Taiwan)

16 - Texas

15 - Arizona

15 - Florida

15 - Korea

15 - Spain

14 - Hawaii

14 - Mexico

13 - Japan

13 - Pennsylvania

12 - Illinois

12 - Puerto Rico

08 - Italy

The number next to each team is their added ratings of the 4 team statistics: running, batting, fielding, and pitching. Each stat can be as low as 1 and as high as 5.

I figure we just ban NY and Canada. They're pretty beast and give a big advantage to whoever claims them. If you want more in depth stats, http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587415-little-league-baseball-championship-series/faqs/13760 provides alot of good information.

I want to try to get 11 people so we can fill up all the teams except NY, Canada, Illinois, PR, and Italy. NY and Canada are too good, and Illinois, PR and italy all kinda suck.

There will be a 20 (or 40 if wanted) game season if we can get 11 people; you play every person twice. Home and away in this game are decided at random before each game, so we can either keep it random or set 10 home 10 away games each season, and just restart a game if the correct home and away teams aren't assigned.

Playoffs will be the top 6 teams make it into the playoffs. Spots 1 and 2 will have a bye, 3rd place will face 6th place in a best of 3 series, and 4th place will face 5th place in a best of 3 series. The winner of the wild card will move onto the semi-finals; the lowest ranked winner from the wild card will face the 1st place team, the other team will face the 2nd place team, both in a best of 5 series. For example: If 3rd beats 6th, and 5th beats 4th, 5th place will face 1st and 3rd will face 2nd. The championship will also be a best of 5.

If anyone is interested send me an IM on AIM @ turdferguson988, or join the steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sports_LLBCS

^^LOL Bad News Baseball I actually have that game. fun stuff

Edited by mav

Doesn't this game run on the same engine as Baseball Stars?

In all honesty, almost all NES baseball games are the same. RBI III is probably my favorite, but it's not that good online because of the fact pitches can hit the dirt (which makes hitting in lag kinda hard).

After this post, post if you are definitely in so I can get a headcount.

BAD NEWS BASEBALL

greatest baseball game in history...I'm not exaggerating. Game play is amazing, graphics are great, music, stats, everything.

Lets do a bad news league. Try it out, its awesome.

I saw some bad news baseball vids...looks just like RBI baseball. That game was wicked....Pre-roids McGwire is awesome in that game.

I liked Extra innings as well

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBAqGfO06vQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBAqGfO06vQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBAqGfO06vQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjJDcI2Em8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjJDcI2Em8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjJDcI2Em8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm gonna take a chance by taking my country's national team and see how I do.

It's pretty damn curious that while some of the good teams are in the game, neither Japan nor Cuba figured into the team selection roster.

I'm gonna take a chance by taking my country's national team and see how I do.

It's pretty damn curious that while some of the good teams are in the game, neither Japan nor Cuba figured into the team selection roster.

Team picks are prob going to be randomly assigned for the 1st season, then a split draft for the 2nd season. Non-playoff players will get a random team of the 5 best teams, and playoff players will get a random team of the bottom 6 teams. This way if some god-like player gets california or texas for the 1st season, he'll get downgraded next season. I might play around with it a bit to make sure the players in the finals don't get lucky and get a 15 poitn team.

its gonna be the little league rom mentioned in the 1st post.

too bad its not bad news would've been awesome

Edited by mav

If Bad news is like RBI it won't work well online. The "slow" pitch is way too cheesy. The fact it can hit the ground combined with input lag makes it dumb.

the game works great online, i've been playing it with a friend for a while. There is a slow pitch but the pitcher tires out very quickly if you use it more than a few times, and when pitcher tires out its homerun time.

What we did is have this simple rule

there are 6 pitchers I believe, 4 have starter strength(endurance) the other two are relievers. We made a rule where you can only pick 1 starter in the game, and can use both relievers. This avoids overuse of the slow pitches, and results in some real good tight games.

Kupuck knows as well, honestly it really IS the greatest baseball game in history of mankind.

I pick Chicago

or do random teams, I think worst tm in game is Stlouis.

BAD NEWS LEAGUE FTW

the game works great online, i've been playing it with a friend for a while. There is a slow pitch but the pitcher tires out very quickly if you use it more than a few times, and when pitcher tires out its homerun time.

there are 6 pitchers I believe, 4 have starter strength(endurance) the other two are relievers. We made a rule where you can only pick 1 starter in the game, and can use both relievers. This avoids overuse of the slow pitches, and results in some real good tight games.

Kupuck knows as well, honestly it really IS the greatest baseball game in history of mankind.

I pick Chicago

BAD NEWS LEAGUE FTW

im all for it

I pick Chicago

BAD NEWS LEAGUE FTW

Can the pitch hit the ground though? If it doesn't I'm definitly all for bad news (i'll need to play it a bit myself just to get a feel for it)

Can the pitch hit the ground though? If it doesn't I'm definitly all for bad news (i'll need to play it a bit myself just to get a feel for it)

Alright just played the game, sorry but this is not as good as little league. Pitching all about speed, and pitches can hit the ground. In little league pitches are about movement and mind games, not just throwing a 110mph pitch, swinging, and hoping its a strike.