NHL'94 Forums

Weird PM recieved

RedWingDevil

I got this PM from some person in the TBF and I can't help but wonder if this is true or not. Here's the message in its original language:

"Hola Guillermo,

No se si este es tu verdadero nombre, yo me llamo Antonio Cobo y soy el Recruiting Mgr. de la seleccion mexicana de hockey sobre hielo, mi hijo juega en USA en un equipo U16 Tier1 y me comento que en Mayo de 2009 vio a un chico mexicano alto, delantero, jugando hockey en los try outs de los Polar Bears en Phoenix, hablo con el papa del muchacho pero como que el senhor no le creyo mucho. Desde entonces estoy buscando a este muchacho y por ello te pregunto si tu juegas hockey verdaderamente o si eres tu el muchacho que estamos buscando para integrarlo al equipo nacional."

What do you guys think?

Do not know if this is your real name, my name is Antonio Cobo and I am the Recruiting Mgr of the Mexican ice hockey, my son plays on a U16 USA Tier1 and told me that in May 2009 saw a Mexican boy high, front, playing hockey in the try outs of Polar Bears in Phoenix, the Pope spoke with the boy but that did not believe much Senhor. Since then I am looking for this boy and I ask you why you play hockey or you are you really the guy we're looking to integrate the national team. "

LOOL

wtf

sounds like a pedo

To give you the Reader's Digest version, this one guy is looking for a Mexican hockey player who was born in 1994 and he was seen in training camp of the Phoenix Polar Bears (Anyone know of this team?) and when he asked the guy's father about him, he didn't believe the so-called manager. So here, this guy is asking either if I play hockey or I'm the guy he's looking to add to the national team.

To my knowledge, we do play hockey in Mexico... only it's grass and street hockey, not the traditional ice one. :(

Edited by RedWingDevil

To give you the Reader's Digest version, this one guy is looking for a Mexican hockey player who was born in 1994 and he was seen in training camp of the Phoenix Polar Bears (Anyone know of this team?) and when he asked the guy's father about him, he didn't believe the so-called manager. So here, this guy is asking either if I play hockey or I'm the guy he's looking to add to the national team.

To my knowledge, we do play hockey in Mexico... only it's grass and street hockey, not the traditional ice one. :(

The Phoenix Polar Bears are a Junior A Tier III club in the Western States Hockey League, in other words glorified junior B, I played in that league for about 4 weeks before quitting haha it's a joke.

I got a reply on the evening. Here's the message:

" Llego a Phoenix procedente de fuera a los Try Outs, su padre hablo con mi hijo, yo estaba en Mexico y supo que eran de Monterrey N.L., un chamaco de 190 lbs y 6.3" de estatura que jugaba muy bien y no logro encontrarlo por ningun equipo. Cuando mi hijo me los quiso pasar por el radio estaban con el coach y ya no los volvimos a ver... cuando hable con el coach de los Polar Bears, no tenia sus datos o no me los quiso dar."

Here, the 'manager' says that the prospect's father talked to his son and the manager was in Mexico and he found out that the young player is from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. He's a young man with 190 pounds and around 6'3". When he talked to the coach of the Polar Bears, either he didn't have the data about the prospect or he didn't want to turn it in for the 'manager'.

Edited by RedWingDevil

found this:

LA PISTA (The largest ice rink chain in Mexico -has three rinks in the Mexico City area, as well as rinks in Toluca and León):

http://www.lapista.com.mx

ICECENTRAL (Part of the FunCentral complex in northern Mexico City):

http://www.funcentral.com.mx/paginas/icecentral.html

ICECOMPLEX (Located in Monterrey):

http://www.icecomplex.com

PISTA LA FUNDIDORA (Another rink located in Monterrey):

http://www.pistadehielofundidora.com

which suggests to me that there are about a dozen.

the goalie looks like they grabbed the biggest kid they could find and strapped pads to him

can't blame them for not being awesome, though... not exactly hockey territory. like canada playing gaa.

Will the day come in which there will be a Latinamerican player have a go at the NHL? Physically, someone will probably draw comparisions to former Mighty Mites Theoren Fluery and Vladimir Konstantinov.

Will the day come in which there will be a Latinamerican player have a go at the NHL? Physically, someone will probably draw comparisions to former Mighty Mites Theoren Fluery and Vladimir Konstantinov.

I almost never have a clue what you're talking about. What does a Latin American player have to do with Fleury or Konstantinov?

I almost never have a clue what you're talking about. What does a Latin American player have to do with Fleury or Konstantinov?

i think hes talking about there being a Latin-American player(s) in the NHL