NHL'94 Forums

Bad News Baseball 2010 Standings/Results Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upto you guys, I just thought best of 7 would be more fun. And MLB SHOULD be bof7, but it is bof5. So whatever upto you guys. If everyone wants 5 then 5 is good.

Also should we stick with same pitching rules?

I dont mind either way on the 5or7 gm 1st Rnd. As for the pitching I think we should shrink the "rotation" and say maybe your 3 highest stamina pitchers are starters and only 1 can appear per game making that 4th "starter" available to pitch every game. So like my (DET) rotation would be Sparky-Kirby-Matt, CHI would be Spike-Albert-Lymond etc. and the teams with ties for the 3rd stamina (TEX, NY, MINN) decide before the series who they will use for their 3rd. And there would be no carry over between the series so if team A's #1 pitcher throws game 4 to end the series he CAN pitch game 1 of the following series

Edited by xdeathsbloodx

I am sorry I couldn't complete the rest of my games on this tournament, but at least this was a good run and a different experience that worked out. I still need to get the kinks on defense down, but there'll be time for another BBN tourney, if there will be another one.

Any takers on who's going to be the baseball king?

Ok I just was talking to HABS and he asked me to post this with these official rules for the playoffs (not sure if we're going with all Bo7 tho):

For Best-of-7 series it will be MLB style 2-3-2.

Pitching: Rotation will be your top 2 stamina pitchers then you will pick your 3rd before each series, only 1 of these can pitch per game and cannot pitch again until the other 2 have started.

Round 1 series (Best-of-5):

Detroit vs Toronto

Pitching Rotations: DET: 1- Sparky, 2- Kirby, 3- Matt

TOR: 1- Zach, 2- Mel, 3- Jason

Game 1: TOR 7 at DET 8

Detroit fell behind early but fought back and was able to pull out the win with a 4 run bottom of the 8th (2-2R HRs)

Game 2: TOR 7 at DET 13

Detroit again fell behind 0-2 in the top of the first but the offense for Detroit was hot in this game and Tor made a few defensive mistakes, especially late to seal the deal for Det.

Game 3: DET 11 at TOR 4

Detroit jumped out early this time and never let up, lots of extra base hits.

Good series

Edited by xdeathsbloodx

MIN (Mav) vs NYY (FPB)

Game 1: MIN 9 (2 Starter 4 relief) NYY 5 (1 Starter 3 relief)

Game 2: MIN 7 (1 starter 4 relief) NYY 13 (2 Starter 3 relief)

Game 3: MIN 0 (3 Starter 4 releif) NYY 2 (4 Starter 3 relief) Perfect game before the FF!

And Mav forfeit the rest.

Yankees move on in 4.

seriously f**k you mav stop forfeiting like a pussy, its sooooooo PATHETIC

be a man and play to win the f**kin game!

on that note

onto the Semi finals!

(1) Chicago- HABS (20-2) -275

(5) New York FPB (13-9) +275

Season Series 2-0 Chicago

(2) Texas AJ (16-4) -120

(3) Detroit Xblood (18-5) +120

Season Series 2-0 Texas

Should be two very good series, top 4 teams in pitching.

Bad News Baseball Semi-Finals

Detroit versus Texas

Game 1 Detroit 6 at Texas 1

Game 2 Detroit 4 at Texas 2

Game 3 Texas 13 at Detroit 3 (7 innings)

Game 4 Texas 6 at Detroit 2

Game 5 Texas 11 at Detroit 5

Game 6 Detroit 5 at Texas 4

Game 7 Detroit 2 at Texas 7

Texas wins the series 4-3

Good series, Detroit had a 2-1 lead into the bottom of the 6th in game 7 but after a HR by pitcher Arthur the wheels fell off with 3 more HRs and another run to turn the tide and end Detroit's season

Edited by xdeathsbloodx

Detroit versus Texas

Game 1 Detroit 6 at Texas 1

Game 2 Detroit 4 at Texas 2

Game 3 Texas 13 at Detroit 3 (7 innings)

Game 4 Texas 6 at Detroit 2

Game 5 Texas 11 at Detroit 5

Game 6 Detroit 5 at Texas 4

Game 7 Detroit 2 at Texas 7

Texas wins the series 4-3

Good series, Detroit had a 2-1 lead into the bottom of the 6th in game 7 but after a HR by pitcher Arthur the wheels fell off with 3 more HRs and another run to turn the tide and end Detroit's season

ggs death

All i can say is, Texas in the World Series, WTGA?

I mean me doofus, I'm a rook, no business being here, its all good anyways, WORLD SERIES, WTGA!!!!

I know that. It was just a coincidence, but you're a Giants homer. :lol:

Chicago vs New York

Game 1 New York 4 @ Chicago 7

Game 2 New York 7 @ Chicago 8

Game 3 Chicago 6 @ New York 5

Game 4 Chicago 0 @ New York 4

Game 5 Chicago 8 @ New York 7

Chicago wins the series 4-1

gggs, this was a pretty tight series. Chicagos speed proved huge throughout and caused alot of problems for new york. Highlight for NY included a shutout win in game 4, this is an extremely hard feat Ive never been shutout in this game before that. Up next in the Bad News World Series, much anticipated Chicago vs Texas finals.

Bad News Baseball World Series FIGHT!

(1)Chicago vs (2)Texas

Game 1 Texas 6 @ Chicago 1 -Arthur Pitched a Gem and a key error in the 2nd inning that resulted in 4 runs for texas was the game.

Game 2 Texas 2 @ Chicago 8 -Chicago Offense pounds out some homers and dominated this must win game.

Game 3 Chicago 10 @ Texas 7 -Back and forth game, Texas held a tight lead in the late innings till the Chicago bats came alive and took over the lead.

Game 4 Chicago 5 @ Texas 3 -A very tight game with some great pitching and defense.

Game 5 Chicago 4 @ Texas 2 (11 innings) -The final game of the series a very dramatic one, this was a true gem of a game. With the 2nd starters for each team going deep into the game, the pitching and defence was awesome on both sides. It was 2-2 and going into extras, both tms had to be careful of the bullpens. Top of the 11th with one on and 2 out, the clutch slugger John took Texas reliever deep for a two run shot and a 4-2 lead. James came into the bottom of 11th, texas rallied to put a man at 1st and 2nd with 2 out and their big home run hitter Otis (46hr) came up to bat, Otis lined out and Chicago wins the first BN World series. Great season and great playoffs.

Chicago wins World Series 4-1

• 4 years later...

is it the same game engine is rbi baseball?

Don't think so...but all NES baseball games feel like almost the same game engine.

Bad news has the best graphics and gameplay of them all though imo.