NHL'94 Forums

Fall '94 Classic League 2010 Registration Begins!

chaos

Registration for the Fall Classic Season has begun! Registration begins today and will end September 13th.

This season, we are trying to "spice" things up a bit. Instead of having separate league level playoffs like in the past, we will have one big tournament! Who will take the crown as King of Classic?

The regular season will still be divided up into 2 league levels, and the best teams in both leagues will duke it out for the crown. We are waiting to see how registration goes before deciding on how many teams will make the playoffs, but we hope to have a decent size playoff tournament to give as many people as possible a chance at victory.

The regular season will be 40 games, with weekly checkpoints.

Register here: Registration Page, or you can select Classic '94 - Fall 2010 from the League Selection drop-down at NHL94 Online and click Registration on the Menu Bar.

Coaches who have played in a previous season of Classic (since Spring 08), or WHA, will choose "Yes" for the question, "Have you registered for a league before?"

Newcomers:

- When asked "Have you registered for a league before?", you will answer "No". Then proceed to select a User Name and password. It is common to use the same User Name as your Forum Name, or your AIM Name.

- Please proceed to fill in the rest of the information, such as AIM screen name, Email, Location, Time Zone, and System Preference. This information is used to register you on the website for this league and future leagues.

---------------------------------------------------------------

- The next step is to choose which league you will be joining. This time around, you will only select "Genesis" or "SNES". We will take care of how the leagues are split up after registration is over.

- You will then select your team preferences. Select 10 different teams. Hit Submit, and if everything is OK, you are set up.

- Newcomers will need to get a test game against a veteran in order to test out their emulator setup / internet connection. Veteran coaches, it would be nice if you could help out the newcomers and test out their connections!

GENS Test Game Requests: Genesis Test Games

SNES Test Game Requests: SNES Test Games

Confirm Coaches Page (used by the veteran coach to confirm connection): Confirm Coach

Those of you, who last season had registered for the Waiting List, and were never confirmed and never played a game in the league, will need to re-register for the site. I have removed all the people from the site who were on the Waiting List from last season, but were not confirmed.

NOTE: Once you register, you cannot change your Team Preferences. You are stuck with what you pick, so choose wisely!

Also, once registration is over, and the leagues are divided up, all confirmed coaches will be selected randomly and given their highest available team based on their Team Preferences.

Any questions, please feel free to ask here or you may PM me.

New players signing up should really take a moment to think about how committed they are to playing the full 40 game schedule. it'll require about 2 hours of effort each week. (or 4 every other week, etc).

Make the commitment to play, so things run smoothly :)

Already registered on both leagues and teams selected for preference.

Registered.

I have already played several test matches (against beavers, swos81 and others), they just never bothered to either post in the "test" thread about it or confirm me, lol. I hope I'm set anyway though (if not, please guys chime in and confirm that I've actually been "tested").

I can also host matches just fine btw.

Edited by Retrieving

Registered.

I have already played several test matches (against beavers, swos81 and others), they just never bothered to either post in the "test" thread about it or confirm me, lol. I hope I'm set anyway though (if not, please guys chime in and confirm that I've actually been "tested").

I can also host matches just fine btw.

Nope, everyone has posted. I'll confirm you don't worry about it.

Just wanted to give a big shout out to chaos, who spends a lot of time getting the site setup for classic.

I also see that matt hurray signed up. One the great veterens of the site is back in classic after a few seasons!

Pondhcky1 was the first register this year and will recieve 100 bucks from Evan.

Just wanted to give a big shout out to chaos, who spends a lot of time getting the site setup for classic.

I also see that matt hurray signed up. One the great veterens of the site is back in classic after a few seasons!

Pondhcky1 was the first register this year and will recieve 100 bucks from Evan.

Hear Here! Registered.

So how does the team selection work? Is it just first come first serve based on the order everyone registered? Or is it some random pick based on the order of everyone's picks or something else?

No it's random. It doesn't matter when you sign up.

Also, so everyone knows, there will be no changing of your Team Preferences this time around. You are stuck with what you choose, so choose wisely!

Also, so everyone knows, there will be no changing of your Team Preferences this time around. You are stuck with what you choose, so choose wisely!

rut roh

Dammit, this is killing me, I want to register but work almost the entire weekend :angry:

Ya I am in the same boat as you I somewhat want to register but I dont really have the desire to play a lot at between work and school

Uh...ain't 5 games/week a little too much?

It's almost a game per day, keeping up will be sorta difficult for those who are in Europe (is there anybody else btw?), mainly due to timezones-related issues.

...for instance, there's no way I'm going to be able to find five different opponents online in the span of 7 days...there's usually like...no one on AIM when I'm awake so I'll have to check the opponents' current schedule and arrange each match accordingly and that's gonna take time no matter how you look at it.

Anything above 3 matches/week is stretching it big time, imho (unless we're gonna play the same opponent twice, in which case disregard my post in its entirety).

Also, why such a hurry all of a sudden after months of nothingness...it makes no sense (although I'm new here so I dunno).

Edited by Retrieving

Uh...ain't 5 games/week a little too much?

It's almost a game per day, keeping up will be sorta difficult for those who are in Europe (is there anybody else btw?), mainly due to timezones-related issues (for instance, there's no way I'm going to be able to find five different opponents online in the span of 7 days...there's usually like...no one on AIM when I'm awake so I'll have to check the opponents' schedule and arrange each match accordingly and that's gonna take time no matter how you look at it).

Anything above 3 matches/week is stretching it, imho (unless we're gonna play the same opponent twice, in which case disregard my post).

Also, why such a hurry all of a sudden after months of nothingness...it makes no sense.

I'm guessing you are new to the leagues around here? the schedule is 40 games, so you get 8 weeks to complete the season. In the league we dont play the other users just once in a season, typically there will be anywhere from 2-4 games per opponent. Thus to complete 5 games a week you only need to find 2 people.

Games only take 10-15 minutes a piece, its essentially a 1 hour game time commitment per week, nothing to demanding there.

As for scheduling and being in a different time zone, guys from europe have played successfully in these leagus before, just get into contact with guys and make planned game times if you are that worried about it. Aside from that, guys are usually on here and there, most of us arent too hard to find.

I'm guessing you are new to the leagues around here? the schedule is 40 games, so you get 8 weeks to complete the season. In the league we dont play the other users just once in a season, typically there will be anywhere from 2-4 games per opponent. Thus to complete 5 games a week you only need to find 2 people.

Games only take 10-15 minutes a piece, its essentially a 1 hour game time commitment per week, nothing to demanding there.

As for scheduling and being in a different time zone, guys from europe have played successfully in these leagus before, just get into contact with guys and make planned game times if you are that worried about it. Aside from that, guys are usually on here and there, most of us arent too hard to find.

I see and it sounds doable (thanks for clearing that up), what is exactly preventing you from making it 10 or 12 weeks though (just out of curiosity)?

I see and it sounds doable (thanks for clearing that up), what is exactly preventing you from making it 10 or 12 weeks though (just out of curiosity)?

Im guessing the start date will be around sept. 15th, 8 weeks takes us to the middle of november which leaves a month before christmas in order to complete playoffs.

Christmas is notorious for being a difficult time to get games in, thus it is preferable to get everything in before then if possible. stretching the season out 2-4 more weeks would eliminate that possibility completely.

Let's say we were to start a week after registration begins - Sept. 20th. 8 weeks later would be Nov. 15th. Then the playoffs would start and theoretically we can get everything done before Christmas/New Year time. Making the regular season longer would cause the season to run into that time and alot of people go on vacation, are off from school and away, etc. This causes issues completing the season.

5 games is not too hard to do a week when you play teams multiple times. Normally guys want to get all of those games against a single opponent in at one time.

AJ beat me to it.