NHL'94 Forums

NCAA 11 League Interest/Ideas/Team Selection

Player Ratings  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How should players/teams be rated?

• Equally
    • Accurately

NEW UPDATE: CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE AT: http://www.wix.com/frozenfour94/home-page-1

Alright, so before I've even released a beta rom, I've seen a lot of interest in an NCAA league. Firstly, I just want to say that it's pretty exciting to see this kind of interest in college hockey. Secondly, I want to see this happen as much as anyone else, but I have a couple of concerns.

1. There are a ton of leagues coming up. Between Classic, GDL, and Blitz, are you guys really going to make this a priority?

2. How do you guys want to do the ratings? Should it be similar to cap, in that teams would be even or should I really spend hours upon hours making every team as accurate as possible? I'm willing to do it, but I'd like some help if that's going to happen. As of right now, I've found just about every team's '10-11 roster, but many of them don't have the players' handedness available.

I'll be shooting for 12 players minimum. I'd love to get as many as 16. As of right now, we've already got 7 and I'm just announcing the league.

Each team will play their conference opponents twice each. They will play three non-conference series' as well. Playoffs will be run similarly to the NCAA. The exact format depends on the number of teams. If we get 16, we'll be able to do four regional tournaments. From there, the winner of each region will meet in the frozen four.

It looks like we're going to have two conferences: West and East. The WCHA will be its own conference and the rest will be the Eastern conference.

As far as team selection goes, I'll stay with the first come, first served approach. So far, we have the following:

Current Player Count: 12 (9/2/10, 10:52 PM CDT)

WCHA

----------------

Alaska-Anchorage

Bemidji State

Colorado College

Denver - T-Bird

Michigan Tech

Minnesota - beavers33

Minnesota-Duluth

Minnesota State

Nebraska Omaha

North Dakota - orangeblack

St. Cloud State - Segathon

Wisconsin - houli

Hockey East

-----------------

Boston College - hokkee

Boston University - dcicon

Maine

Massachusetts - iceguy

U Mass Lowell

Merrimack

New Hampshire

Northeastern

Providence

Vermont

CCHA

-----------------

Bowling Green

Miami - vinnie

Michigan

Michigan State - mav

Notre Dame - sebe

ECAC

-----------------

Cornell

Yale

Atlantic Hockey

-----------------

RIT - icestorm

Edited by beavers33

Love WCHA Hockey and I may have to try my hand at an online league again. Pencil me in for St Cloud State. Have to get some test games going here shortly to see if my new cpu will be better apt to handle online.

I would lean towards accurate ratings, but like kupuck19 said it would be hard to get an accurate ratings. If we did even teams might be kind of fun to have some odd ball ratings for players. Like a great one-timer player with 0 attributes in everything else. Just a thought.

That's really a lot of teams in there. Will you be able to fill all the spots?

I vote for equal stats for the players. How did you get the current rosters?

Edited by RedWingDevil

That's really a lot of teams in there. Will you be able to fill all the spots?

I vote for equal stats for the players. How did you get the current rosters?

firstly, if you read my post, you'll see i'm not trying to fill all 30 spots. it's simply a list so people can see which teams are available. as far as finding all the rosters goes, it's a little thing i like to call the internet...

Didn't you once hosted an IIHF page once with the same hosting site? I guess you must have changed it now.

Edited by RedWingDevil

not sure. vinnie was talking about planning a world cup tournament this winter.

I'm thinking about taking one of the IIHF hacks and using Metz's Cap rating system for all the players come mid-Dec or mid-Jan-ish. Basically once fall classic winds down and 94 fever is going strong in the peak of winter it would be fun to have a big World Cup Styled tournament with multiple pools and round robins than a tournament bracket for play-offs. IF I follow through I want to do it when we can get about 20 guys maybe at the least.

I would have taken them, but then I'd ruin Donnybrook's tradition of picking Boston teams. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I call Penn State! Oh wait maybe next year =)

Its really cool to see the NCAA themes still going after i gave up rom hacking. Even though i cant play in the league i'm excited to see your rom once its finished.