NHL'94 Forums

TOOL: Hack Applicator (AKA smozROM)

smozoma

• 2 weeks later...

This worked!

Took a bit to get what I wanted but, here is what i did.

Load rom in Smozrom.

Remove WT BUG FIX

This puts PIM back in the game

Then use NHL94 WT BUG FIX Program Option 2

Now I have an improved WT BUG FIX ROM that shows PIM.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

I tried running smozrom in Wine for Mac, but it felt like it was taking an eternity for it to open.

In short, the application wouldn't open.

There is a .py file in the zip. You can probably run that directly in your OS instead of Wine. You may need to install Python 3 onto your system first.

Be aware this is only for NHL94

8 minutes ago, smozoma said:

There is a .py file in the zip. You can probably run that directly in your OS instead of Wine. You may need to install Python 3 onto your system first.

Be aware this is only for NHL94

When I'm using Python 3, I see a script instead of an application. You claim that I can run it on my OS instead of Wine.

25 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

When I'm using Python 3, I see a script instead of an application. You claim that I can run it on my OS instead of Wine.

Go into the terminal, go into the directory with smozrom.py (or whatever it's called) and run the command:

python smozrom.py

invalid syntax probably means you're using python 2 (if it's accompanied by a bunch of programming stuff in the error). If it only says "invalid syntax" then you may be entering the command wrong in the terminal.

3 hours ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

I tried to give as much info as possible.

@Jlnhlsegafan are you on a Mac? It's possible that python3 is not in your path. type "python3" (without quotes), and see if it gives you a prompt. 

If not,

go to Terminal app (Under Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)

At the prompt, type:

nano ~/.bash_profile

This will open up a file editor window.

Near the bottom, you should have something like this:

# Setting PATH for Python 3.7
# The original version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

If not, copy the above, paste it in, then to exit the file editor, press Control and X at the same time. It will prompt you at the bottom of the window if you would like to save, hit the Y button, then press the Return button.

Afterwards, you will have to close the Terminal app and open it again. Then try "python3" (without quotes) again. If it works this time and gives you a python prompt, you can type "exit()" (without quotes) to exit, then try the command Smoz gave you again. 

1 hour ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

The info for Python 3 shows up when I type in "python3" in the Terminal.

Can you drag-and-drop a ROM file onto smozROM.py? What happens? If there is a syntax error, does it give extra info about it?

10 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

Doesn't look like I can do that. Also, the error gives no information

OK let's try this...

1. Make sure you have unzipped the smozROM.zip, so you have all the loose files in a directory.
  2. Find the smozROM.py file in your file navigator (I think it's call "Finder" on mac), it should be in the smozROM/src/ directory
  3. Copy your NHL94 ROM file into the same directory. I don't know what ROM you're using, let's say it's nhl94.bin.
  4. Open a terminal and navigate to the "src" directory with smozROM.py, so that your terminal looks something like... yourname: /smozROM/src/$
  5. Type this command and then press enter:  ls  (that's LS but in small letters). You should see a list of files, including smozROM.py and your ROM.
  6. Type this command:  python3 smozROM.py nhl94.bin

Any luck? Screenshot of your terminal window?

1 hour ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

I don't know how to navigate to the src folder using the terminal- I only know how to get there with the Finder.

https://www.macworld.com/article/2042378/master-the-command-line-navigating-files-and-folders.html

perfect. Try this command:

python3 smozROM.py "Team Sega 94 (1).bin"

Be careful with capitalization

9 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

Here's where I'm at now.

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.39.37 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'msvcrt'

Ahh I used a windows-specific command in the program. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow.

22 hours ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

Okay.

I have updated smozROM.py and attached it to the first post in this topic. Download it and replace the old one, and try that command again from a couple messages ago.