NHL'94 Forums

Blitz Season 5 - coach roundup

smozoma

post-253-094782000 1283483101_thumb.png

Season 4 ROM splash screen

OK, it's finally here! Sort of. It's getting there!

Please post below with your AIM contact name to say you want to play in the next season of the Blitz league!

I am hoping to expand to 4 leagues this season, A, B, C, and D. For this to happen, I need a total of at least 40 coaches.

If you haven't heard of this league yet, here is what you need to know:

• The league is split up by skill level into groups of 12. New players get a nice introduction to the game/community, instead of getting pummelled game after game.
  • Each season, you draft your team from the players from the original ROM (Roenick, Lemieux, etc). However, you get to keep half your players each draft, to preserve some 'team personality' between seasons.
    • Note: A and B will share a draft, and C and D will also share a draft, so the player talent isn't spread too thin or too strong.
    • There will be 2 ROMs, one with the A and B teams, and the other with the C and D teams.

[*]The season is 44 games (4 games against each opponent in your level) over about 2-3 months.

[*]The ROM uses the "weight bug fix" so the heavy players can check the light ones (unlike in the original game, where the best hitters were small guys like Roenick, Fleury, and Gilmour).

• This also increases the importance/effectiveness of the defensemen compared to the original game.

[*]The league has an awesome website with really detailed statistics .

[*]To get the stats on the website, you just hit the "F5" key at the end of your game to make a save file with the emulator, then you upload that file to the site, and the rest is taken care of for you.

[*]Goalies are given slightly higher skills to make it a bit harder to score (but Roy and Belfour get none, because they're amazing to begin with). They get 6 extra skill points out of 100.

So, just ask yourself, "Does this sound fun?" and "Can I commit to playing 44 games between October and December?" (2 hours per week, or 4 every other week is sufficient)

If your answer to both questions is yes, then sign up below! I will contact you when the season is closer to starting to make sure you are still interested. Please include your AIM name, since you will need it for the season in order to coordinate games.

If you have any questions, send me a PM or find me on AIM ('smozoma')

I will leave this open until September 20th, in order to try to get some NHL pre-season fever interest.

A classic game from the season 3 "A" level Stanley Cup Playoffs

Tentative placements:

A - smozoma

A - hokkeefan2 (B?)

*A - angryjay93

A - freydey32

A - snoboarder3211 / Carse

A - MattHurray (B?)

A - IcestormNHL94

*A - swos94

A - BoKnowsNHL94

A - FlamingPavelBure / The Russian Rocket

A - PerennialChoker / CamKneely

A - canadiensfan66 / HABS

B - Iceguy94 / RedWingDevil

B - mcarthurbsu33 / beavers33

*B - maverickz161@hotmail.com / mav

B - Rage93 / chaos

B - Houlanov / houli

B - zalex1414 (A? on threat of dr.p1zza'ing)

B - donnybrook

B - dcicon5148

B - nationals1

B - kupuckNHL94 / kupuck19

B - nhl94shaftman /shaftman

B - Turd Ferguson988 / crackawhat

----

subs:

A - sebe82

B - xdeathsbloodx

B - pearate

- AJ, swos, and mav get in due to being on the old waiting list.

- I made an agreement with Turd Ferguson988 last season that he could return if he wanted (he quit towards the end of the season due to temporary connection issues)

- dcicon moves down to B.

TODO:

Finalize league assignments

Team change lottery

Give new players choice of remaining teams

draft order

start draft!

clean up old waiting list

i'm in of course

AIM: smozoma

I'm an "A" level player..

(list your league level preference please, A to D :) you might not end up in the league you want, since the skills have to match and there are limited spots in each level)

Do not pick teams yet, it's not time!

im in. ill take b or c please

aim: maverickz161@hotmail.com

Edited by mav

AIM: Iceguy94@aol.com

League: B or A. It's up to Smoz where I stay.

ur the ga

aim freydey32

aim: MattHurray

league: A or B... haven't played a lick since the last Blitz league ended

Come to the B side luke! haha. Besides those A lg guys are a bunch of slack ass mo fos.weird how that works tho ,the guys who are supposed to be hardcore are the worst at getting gms played

Edited by hokkeefan

It's been a long, sad, 94less summer... worst few months ever... so COUNT ME IN

ya i can see that based on ur FB profile photo. must've been a HORRENDOUS summer :|

ya i can see that based on ur FB profile photo. must've been a HORRENDOUS summer :|

haha. Ok well maybe it wasn't all awful, but still no 94 is quite the nightmare.

Oh and I can't read, sorry.

AIM: BoKnowsNHL94 (or beefjerkyrules6 doesn't matter they're linked)

League preference: I guess A, or B if you're full on A it doesn't matter.

Good idea to make a list in order to follow the ones who are returning so far.

Looks like we're around 22 people, but I wonder if we'll actually reach 40.