NHL'94 Forums

Fall 2010 teams assigned.

halifax

The 10th season of nhl94 classic is here!

Both GENS and SNES will have one league.

The rules for the season.

Minimum 5 games played per week to meet deadlines. If you fall behind you may get replaced. I will NOT email guys to ask them to catch up. If you’ve played the least amount of games and you did not meet a deadline, you can be replaced at any time.

Note for new players - play as much as possible early on because it’s ca be difficult to find guys late in the season.

If at the end of the season, you have unplayed games, you be deducted two points in the standings for each unplayed game.

To avoid point deduction, you should post in the ‘schedule a game’ area and call out your opponents in the subject heading for those that you have left to play. This will be allowed any time up to a week left in the season. You will then not be deducted points. (You won’t receive any either).

If your opponent wants to avoid being deducted two points, they should respond to your request in the same thread to set up a time to play. Again, this should be done any time up to a week left in the season. This is to ensure guys make the effort to contact opponents, as opposed to posting in the last couple of days of the season just to avoid a deduction penalty.

If there’s a tie in points….first tie breaker will be games played then wins.

Teams are listed below. Chaos will have the schedule set up sometime this week. In the mean time, you can be assured to play one home game and one away game against your division and conference.

Good luck, have fun!

SNES

Eastern Conference

Patrick Division

NY Rangers - xot82

Washington - hokkeefan

Buffalo - prodigyof94

New Jersey -caseyais

Adams Division

Montreal - shaftman

Boston - pondhcky1

Quebec - grayto

Hartford - Volly

Western Conference

Norris Division

Toronto - gmather

Detroit - BobKudelski26

Pittsburgh - rcfab69

Philadelphia - redwingdevil

Smythe Division

Los Angeles - fenty62

Vancouver - nhl94admin

Chicago - dcicon5148

Calgary - maverick_z

GENS

Eastern Conference

Patrick Division

Pittsburgh - thegaijin

NY Islanders - icestormnhl94

Philadelphia - maverick_z

NY Rangers - dcicon5148

New Jersey - Houli

Washington - Sebe82

Adams Division

Quebec - SuperDave

Hartford - Perennial Choker

Boston - donnybrook

Montreal - zalex

Buffalo - charrison

Tampa Bay - Retrieving

Western Conference

Norris Division

Chicago - rc69fab

Detroit - beavers33

Winnipeg - kupuck19

Dallas - angryjay93

Toronto - nationals1

St.Louis - kaykills

Smythe Division

Calgary - carse

Edmonton - flasox24

Los Angeles - dexpsu83

Vancouver - Hokkeefan

San Jose - RedWingDevil

Anaheim - dhaos

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get San Jose this time? Uh oh... It's gonna be a bad season in Bosnia in here.

I repeat my SNES soiree with Philadelphia? Fine with me, I'm ready to hit people with Lindros again.

How many total games do we get? Is it gonna be a 2-game affair like with NHL91?

Edited by RedWingDevil

I get San Jose this time? Uh oh... It's gonna be a bad season in Bosnia in here.

I repeat my SNES soiree with Philadelphia? Fine with me, I'm ready to hit people with Lindros again.

seriously ??

already complaining... jeez

yes what dc says is right, instead of complaining you should be thankful also that you didn't end up with Anaheim

seriously ??

already complaining... jeez

yes what dc says is right, instead of complaining you should be thankful also that you didn't end up with Anaheim

Not really complaining, but it'll feel like I'm in the middle of World War II. I think I can handle trying to use San Jose, since they have less weight problems compared to the lesser teams.

But if you still think I'm complaining, you can both eat my balls. And no, I'm not editing this off.

Yeah, there will be action this week. I need to see how far do I reach with the Sharks, since I actually like them a little.

If you all excuse me, I'm going to get me a shovel to dig some trenches, set up the fence with barb wire on top and put a bit of blood in the shark pool. :D

Edited by RedWingDevil

Shhhhh! Smoz will hear you. :lol:

We're going to have to live with it this season, although some of the guys have the heavier teams.

Not really complaining, but it'll feel like I'm in the middle of World War II. I think I can handle trying to use San Jose, since they have less weight problems compared to the lesser teams.

But if you still think I'm complaining, you can both eat my balls. And no, I'm not editing this off.

Really, in the middle of World War II ?!?!?! I bet the people who actually were in World War II would much rather play online nhl 94 with San Jose than fighting to the death in a war.

But you never know, I could be wrong,,,,

Hey, you had San Jose in your top 10. Maybe you can pull a 26 game losing streak like Hokkee did with them last season.

It's a sort of analogy of how the road's gonna be, really. Although I understand if my own style of humor is misunderstood in these parts these days. Then again, I get the hint that I'm such a joke to you all you don't even need to come clean with it because at times you're such a bunch of drekheads (drekhead comes from the PnP RPG Shadowrun. Google it), so at this time my response is simple: I don't give a damn what you guys think of me and I don't really have to answer to you all if that's how you feel. Rain or shine, I'll still be here.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Does anyone have any questions about anything?

I'm here to answer any questions you may have and I may have questions for you as well, although you don't have to answer any health questions if you're over 65.

Does anyone have any questions about anything?

I'm here to answer any questions you may have and I may have questions for you as well, although you don't have to answer any health questions if you're over 65.

Only one: Since there's a buttload of participants this time around, are we going to do series at the range of 2-4 games?

I'm bummed lol, how the heck did I end up with Tampa if I was like...the only one who picked Edmonton as his 1st choice lol.

The guy who got Edmonton didn't even have it among his top 5 teams and I did not have Tampa in my top 5 either. What are these choices for then?

I mean, I could understand if Edmonton was either a powerhouse or a highly contested team but come on, as it is this random-like assignment makes no sense, there's got to be some priority and common sense involved otherwise the multiple choice form is pointless. Edmonton should've gone to either me or Icestorm for obvious reasons.

classicteams.jpg

teamsss.png

Edited by Retrieving

I'm bummed lol, how the heck did I end up with Tampa if I was like...the only one who picked Edmonton as his 1st choice lol.

The guy who got Edmonton didn't even have it among his top 5 teams and I did not have Tampa in my top 5 either. What are these choices for then?

I mean, I could understand if Edmonton was either a powerhouse or a highly contested team but come on, as it is this random-like assignment makes no sense, there's got to be some priority and common sense involved otherwise the multiple choice form is pointless. Edmonton should've gone to either me or Icestorm for obvious reasons.

If you end up last in the seeding list it's a big risk you'll get one of the real crap teams. I guess something like that happened. Logical and simple.

Edited by xot82

If you end up last in the seeding list it's a big risk you'll get one of the real crap teams. I guess something like that happened. Logical and simple.

What is the point of the multiple choices form then if it gets completely overwritten by the seeding system in the end? Might as well making it clear from the get go that you're gonna get a random team unless you're an oldschooler...

Imho, if 2 players out of 22 pick a team as their 1st or 2nd choice one of them should end up with it and that's it. The fact that some random dude who doesn't even have it in the top 5 got prioritized for the aforementioned team baffles me.

Also, this has nothing to do with playing as a crap team as Edmonton are almost as bad as Tampa anyway (besides, I don't give a damn cause I'm gonna lose all of the match anyway, no matter the team lol) ALTHOUGH I strongly believe that if you're going to randomly assign teams the strongest ones should go to the weakest players and not the other way around...

On a distinctly separate, yet quite personally connected note, in our SWOS tournaments people just pick a "team template" (generally one of the top teams in the original savedisk, so either Brazil, Real Madrid, Italy or Barcelona) and then customize it with whatever name, players' names and kits colours they see fit (stats however remain unchanged to keep the playing field as even as possible while retaining some degree of variety). Mods then modify the database accordingly and upload the savedisk (which gets updated on monthly basis).

Leaps and bounds more fair than random assignment crap, cool (cause you get to control your very own personalized team), practical and simple. You guys should think about it (it'd still be "Classic" NHL94 seeing as stats wouldn't change).

Edited by Retrieving

What is the point of the multiple choices form then if it gets completely overwritten by the seeding system in the end? Might as well making it clear from the get go that you're gonna get a random team unless you're an oldschooler...

Imho, if 2 players out of 22 pick a team as their 1st or 2nd choice one of them should end up with it and that's it. The fact that some random dude who doesn't even have it in the top 5 got prioritized for the aforementioned team baffles me.

Also, this has nothing to do with playing as a crap team as Edmonton are almost as bad as Tampa anyway (besides, I don't give a damn cause I'm gonna lose all of the match anyway, no matter the team lol) ALTHOUGH I strongly believe that if you're going to randomly assign teams the strongest ones should go to the weakest players and not the other way around...

On a distinctly separate, yet quite personally connected note, in our SWOS tournaments people just pick a "team template" (generally one of the top teams in the original savedisk, so either Brazil, Real Madrid, Italy or Barcelona) and then customize it with whatever name, players' names and kits colours they see fit (stats however remain unchanged to keep the playing field as even as possible while retaining some degree of variety). Mods then modify the database accordingly and upload the savedisk (which gets updated on monthly basis).

Leaps and bounds more fair than random assignment crap, cool (cause you get to control your very own personalized team), practical and simple. You guys should think about it (it'd still be "Classic" NHL94 seeing as stats wouldn't change).

You choose 10 teams. No one made you choose Tampa Bay as one of your 10 teams. There are 28 teams in the game and you had 17 other choices but chose Tampa Bay. Seeding is randomized and the teams are selected as best available. This is how it always has been and always will be. It is very fair and the reason why you choose 10 teams you want to play as, not just pick randomly. You don't get a "random" team unless you choose your teams that way. BTW Tampa was your 9th choice, and all your other choices except EDM, ANA, and SJ were popular.

Normally, we have at least 2 Genesis leagues, so you would have a chance to get one of your top teams, but this season we are trying something different.