NHL'94 Forums

Real USA vs Canada Summit Event

Zalex

The purpose of this topic is to judge the interest in a potential event.

The event would be a real summit, 'street' hockey in a rink(inside or outside), USA vs CAN during the summer 2011. The players would have to be some wacks from the 94 community. A number of six players per team would be a great, since we could play 4on4 with 1 change up and 1 goalie. We could do three small games or three big periods for a BOF3.

Summertime would be best for this, since its the time of the year where most have vacations and where most could have the time to make a trip. Playing 'street' hockey style, would make things easy as, beside goalies, all you'd need to bring is your hockey stick. What would be nice, is to organize that event somewhere near the Canada/US border. That way, the travel would be split somewhat equally.

Lets say the event takes place in Buffalo, since Icestorm will offer us his backyard, so we can all camp and sleep at his place. It wont be everyone that will/could drive hours to get there. Thats why teammates should do the trip together whenever thats possible. I live near MTL, I can get 2 other 94ers to come with me. That way, we could split the gas and have a fun roadtrip together while listening to GA Tribute CD. People near Toronto could do the same thing, get 3 of you together and head to Buffalo. Same in the states.

Zalex, are you dumb ? Im not gonna drive hours and hours just to play hockey with some unknown mofapes!

The idea isnt just to play hockey vs other 94ers. After our games, we could hang out together at Icestorm's house (his wife told me she would gladly cook us dinner) and we could do a huge 94 LAN and Tourney. Live players + 0 lagolas = IN THE GA. It would also be an opportunity, to visit a new city for most of us. Now, before I start having wet dreams about this, i wanna hear your opinions, i wanna know what you think about this idea, your suggestions and your insults towards me.

Note to Tacoman : You can be our Waterboy.

-----

So far, here's the list of the people who are interested :

CAN :

-Zalex (Montreal, Quebec)

-Louie14 (Markham, Ontario)

-Shaftman (Montreal, Quebec)

-Sebe (Hamilton, Ontario)

-HABS (Toronto, Ontario)

USA:

-DonnyBrook (Boston)

-Vocally (Pittsburgh)

-Carse (Pittsburgh)

Edited by Zalex

Haha, not sure if it was intentional, but you just called him a girl (perfect considering the circumstances)

(ami = friend (masculin), amie = friend (feminin))

i took 3 years of french in high school and failed one year in college. wrote a paper in Franglais.

;)

Only complete morons would willingly go to Buffalo.

On that note, I went to Buffalo on Sunday to watch the Dolphins beat the Bills. Go fish. The Bills looked about as good as their female fans.

Also on that note, I've travelled 2 hours to London for a road hockey tournament, so hell yeah I'd travel 2 hours to (fail to) dangle some USA '94 dusters. Mind you, I think last year someone floated around the idea of a NHL '94 tourney in Montreal for money, but that fell through the cracks.

Those living in the West should have a summit of their own so they can see Hokkee after a dozen Kokanee Golds.

though gettin new passport will be the ghey

ya exactly why i don't wanna go to Canada. But couldn't you cross the border somewhere where there's no border patrol or customs? And Buffalo is close enough to the border where it shouldn't be a big deal. I have no idea, never been to Canada but id imagine they cant completely cover the largest 2 country border in the world.

lol if habs goes he probably still wouldnt tell us his name :lol:

I could be wrong, but I don't think you need a passport to enter Canada from the US. Not sure if you can get BACK into the US without one, though, but I'd imagine a driver's license might do?

Anyone know for sure?

If you have a birth certificate they can't not let you back in.

7 years ago when a bud and I went to B.C. we got over the border with very little hassle since we had licenses and birth certificates with us. But things have changed since then and it might take more to get back over these days.

i was set to work a goalie camp in winnipeg during the summer of '09, and had completely forgotten about the new border regulations (they changed in june, '09). i went to the post office two weeks before the camp and told the man that if i didn't get the passport in time, i'd have to go anyway. he said i could get in to CA, but i'd have no way of getting out...i believe him.

7 years ago when a bud and I went to B.C. we got over the border with very little hassle since we had licenses and birth certificates with us. But things have changed since then and it might take more to get back over these days.

i was set to work a goalie camp in winnipeg during the summer of '09, and had completely forgotten about the new border regulations (they changed in june, '09). i went to the post office two weeks before the camp and told the man that if i didn't get the passport in time, i'd have to go anyway. he said i could get in to CA, but i'd have no way of getting out...i believe him.

When I was coming back to Canada last year after going to the states I only had a birth certificate. They didn't want to let me back into Canada. They turned their backs to me and I heard them speaking " He is born in Quebec what can we do?" They turned back to me and let me go home.

Anyways.

Everyone get your passports if you don't have one you should.

Lets have a tourney!