NHL'94 Forums

Fall Classic 2010 Begins!

chaos

Team schedules are up and games can now be logged on the nhl94online site.

For those of you who have forgotten how the site works, or for the new coaches in the league, a game is logged as follows:

1. Contact the coach you would like to play on AIM.

You can find their AIM by going to the nhl94online.com site. Choose the Classic '94-Spring 2010 league from the drop-down "League Selection" menu on the menu bar. Choose the "League Level" you have joined in the left-hand column and click on your Team. Your "Coach Page" should come up, and you can see which teams you have games remaining against. Click on that team's name in the left-hand column and that team's coach page should load. On the right hand side of the page, there is an area which contains the coach's AIM name. You can contact them in this manner to schedule a game.

2. Play the game.

Play the game against the selected coach. Once the game is complete, it is the home team's responsibility to log the game. This is done on the "Coach Page" that displays your schedule. By clicking on your team's name in the left-hand column, you access your "Coach Page". Games that you have at home will have a "Log a Game" link next to it. Choose the game that has been played, and record the score. Type in your password to log the game. Once this is done, the away team needs to "Confirm" the game by clicking on the game link on their schedule and typing their password. This will effectively complete the logging of the game.

NOTE: If the score is incorrect, the away team has the option to change the score. Once they do this, the home team needs to "Reconfirm" it in order for it to count towards the season.

Checkpoints

The season will be 40 games long. There will be WEEKLY CHECKPOINTS. You are required to play 5 games a week. If you miss 2 checkpoints in a row, you will run the chance of being replaced. This is to speed up the season so we can hopefully complete the playoffs by the Holiday Season. I do not think this is asking much, and most of the guys in the league are easy to reach and are active in the forums. If you cannot find a coach and would like to try to schedule a time to play, please use the "Schedule a Game" forum or send them a message on AIM, or use the forum PM. Please make an effort to reach your checkpoints!

Regular Season

The regular season consists of 40 games.

Genesis: This was tough. The divisions are evenly spread out as far as competition.

Each team will play:

- 3 games against division foes, with an extra game against 1 division foe with a comparable skill level.

- 3 games each against the other teams in your conference

- 2 games each against 3 teams out-of-conference

I set up the out of conference team games against coaches with a comparable skill level.

This should give everyone a decent chance at making the playoffs.

SNES:

Each team will play:

- 4 games against division foes

- 3 games against the other teams in your conference

- 2 games against teams out-of-conference

Playoffs

This year, we have only 1 league per system. In the Genesis league, I plan on having 16 of the 24 teams make the playoffs. As of right now, it will be the 16 teams with the best record in the league. I have some ideas with seeding, but I'd like to talk to Halifax about that first for a second opinion.

The SNES league will have 12 of the 16 teams with the best record make the playoffs, with the top 4 teams getting a 1st round bye.

For the new coaches, the rules of the league are posted at: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

That's about all. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for another successful season!

If there are any website problems or questions, please PM me or AIM : Rage93.

For the new coaches, the rules of the league are posted at: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

Thanks for getting the league started bud. I'll send you an email so we can update that page.

yikes...only 6 games logged total between both leagues over the weekend...I guess a bunch went fishing with hokkee.

yeah scary isn't it

I haven't seen any of the newbs either. What gives? Didn't we wait for this season?