NHL'94 Forums

Chat Feature Now Available on Forums

Evan

Hey guys,

If you haven't noticed, when you log in you'll see a new bar at the bottom of the forums (very similar to facebook). This is cometchat, an easy way to chat with members on the forum. All you have to do is add them as a friend and they'll show up in the online list when they're logged into the website. You can transfer files, save chat history, and even play games (not NHL94) right through the chat. There's also a chatroom feature for drafts or group meetings if needed.

Poke around and enjoy the new feature! Hopefully future leagues won't have to require AIM anymore.

-Evan

neato

giant cascade of "x added you as a friend" email notifications begins.. now!

Any idea if we can expect an update to fix some of the bugs in this version of the forum? It's pretty buggy for something you had to pay for :(

• - If you delete a post, it deletes the one above it, too (baaad bug). I won't even try deleting a thread because i'll probably delete the thread above it too.
  • - When you try to edit messages in a PM conversation, your old message text is all squished together, so you can't really edit it (you have to add all the New Line characters back in).
  • - When you reply in a PM, the quoted text is all squished together, too, so you can't really read it.
  • - When using the search for member names, you have to have 4 characters. This did not help me when trying to figure out what number 'xot' used in his name (xot82?)
  • - Search form uses POST method instead of GET method, so you can't link to or bookmark a search. POST is only supposed to be used when submitting data for storage.. obviously a search is a GET operation (get search results).
  • - the blue Attach This File button should be to the right of Browse and Clear Selection (and honestly no one wants the Clear Selection button anyway)

(ps those who i requested friend status with years before for blitz league management purposes but was ignored, making messaging people about blitz harder, who now suddenly want to add me as a friend... GRRR)

That sounds pretty nice, although now it's going to be Facebook-esque!

This is cometchat, an easy way to chat with members on the forum.

Great addition, however if you got to add everybody else manually and there's no "public" channel (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) then it's not that easy. Also, I believe messages will go missing if either chatter refreshes/switch page.

How about something like this instead: Quakenet webchat, it'd be much more practical imho.

Edited by Retrieving

That's an awesome upgrade! :)

Ya sweet upgrade Evan!! This should make connecting with coaches for games much easier rather then having everyone download AIM we could probably convert over to the forum for chat and instant messaging.

Edited by kupuck19

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Upgraded to cometchat version 2, and you may have to clear your browser cache to see it at the bottom of the page. It now has features to save conversation history, hide the bar, transfer more file types, and probably more bug fixes,

-Evan

I like all the little features that appear at the bottom....especially the quick scroll to the top...and you can create chat rooms...boom!