NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 05 - Draft Round 1

smozoma

WTGA?

I just want some clarification here, Zalex hasnt "lost" anyone as the draft info thread describes , why does he get to make a pick from his own team and protect when he hasnt "lost" anyone?

I used to have the rule like that (own-picks didn't count towards the lost limit), but I didn't like it, so now they count as a 'lost' player. I don't want to force guys to take a guy they don't want when they'd rather keep their own guy.

I guess when I say guys are going to 'lose' their guys in the first round, I mean in general, they are probably going to lose a guy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.13 - St. Louis is proud to select Mark Messier as its first pick of the draft.

Please raise your hand if you had Messier the previous season. I'll send you a PM.

He may have assumed that he still owned Modano, so he thought of pulling a fast one on us and made his protection pick. So unless he made a trade with someone that we didn't know about, his protection pick shouldn't stick unless someone took a player from Chicago first.

Was this really that difficult. Read smoz's post a little higher up.

Messier's Blitz Career History

I used to have the rule like that (own-picks didn't count towards the lost limit), but I didn't like it, so now they count as a 'lost' player. I don't want to force guys to take a guy they don't want when they'd rather keep their own guy.

I guess when I say guys are going to 'lose' their guys in the first round, I mean in general, they are probably going to lose a guy.

So...he gets to keep his top two players while many of us get to keep only our #2 or 3 guy and someone elses #2 or 3 guy? Seems a little GA but whatever.

Pingas to all of you.

So...he gets to keep his top two players while many of us get to keep only our #2 or 3 guy and someone elses #2 or 3 guy? Seems a little GA but whatever.

Pingas to all of you.

1275429964191.png

Pingas to all of you.

I don't really see the issue with who he got. If he didn't take roenick, then he'd take maybe selanne and end up protecting modano again anyway. He'd still have the same quality of guys.

The real problem is that there's a bit of a loophole created by not doing the protection picks before the draft starts. It lets people trade away their depth players for a couple stars, then rebuild the next season. This is really apparent in free first rounds (the hull/yzerman combo particularly).

Next season, we'll do the protections before the draft. This will force guys to keep a few of the crumby guys they ended up with when trading up.

Also, the blitz draft is meant to even out the competition, not the teams. Zalex is just moving up from B, he's unlikely to win the cup, but he'll compete.

He may have assumed that he still owned Modano, so he thought of pulling a fast one on us and made his protection pick. So unless he made a trade with someone that we didn't know about, his protection pick shouldn't stick unless someone took a player from Chicago first.

lol fail

why didnt u do this for fpb lol ,i didnt say to pick roy but i cant argue with that pick ,thanks smoz ...and I also protect Iafrate since next guy took my messier

sorry, someone told me you told them to pick Roy in order to rebuild your season 2 team

(we'll sort this out on AIM)

EDIT:

hokkee keeps Roy

18 - A - MTL Freydey32

Capt'n KIRK Muller

thats for taking Coffey way to early :angry:

Pingas to all of you.

ah I finally get what the problem is...

I was thinking guys at the end of the first round would still be getting a solid first-round guy -- not thinking about the fact that the 1st round guys left over might be entirely not their style. that does suck... although on the plus side you do get to grab the best guys left unprotected (i left a pretty nice one..)

i'll have to think about how to make this better for season 7 when we have another free first round...