NHL'94 Forums

noob editor

kloijhi

hallo

i wonder that would be nice to make KHL league, and i downloaded nice program NHL94 EDITOR

there are very easy to change teams names, players names and players uniforms, but when i save the sfc. file, in game i don't see any changes. WHY?

also next step i need are

2. how to change snes ice logo?

3. how to change snes ice design, cos KHL have full ice of advertisings.

in nhl94.com are only BIN file editing tutorials, but seems there are very frustrating numbers and numbers and numbers quest in editing.

thats why

hallo

i wonder that would be nice to make KHL league, and i downloaded nice program NHL94 EDITOR

there are very easy to change teams names, players names and players uniforms, but when i save the sfc. file, in game i don't see any changes. WHY?

also next step i need are

2. how to change snes ice logo?

3. how to change snes ice design, cos KHL have full ice of advertisings.

in nhl94.com are only BIN file editing tutorials, but seems there are very frustrating numbers and numbers and numbers quest in editing.

thats why

if you are using statto's editor, it should work. If you have the game running in the emulator, you probably have to reload the game to get the changes to be visible.

2 & 3:

SNES graphics are mostly compressed, so are not editable. editing the rink is also very difficult because it is not one big picture, it is lots of little tiles that are reused in different places.

I will probably make the graphics (team logos, intro graphics) editable in the next few months.

....SNES graphics are mostly compressed, so are not editable....

yet. many other games with similar compression have been more completely hacked. SNES is not easy, but it's good to know that ninety-flow is always being worked on and that there is a place to come for help.

ah... very sad.

so is it means, if i want to make a mostly "visual" mod, cos names and player stats not important for me, is bether to think about BIN editing?

Yeah, sega nhl 94 is much easier to mod graphics for