NHL'94 Forums

NHL '11 for SNES (Altered)

northstar91

New SNES NHL '94 update for the beginning of the season! This release is new and better than ever thanks to some research done by myself and others on locations of data and pointers in the ROM!

Features

*28 teams (Florida, Columbus out)

*Updated rosters (including rookies, some injured, and possible call-ups)

*Ratings based on swos/mahavishnu's GENS version (rookies and new players were done myself, though not too thoroughly)

*Lines based on recent games

*(Mostly) full names for each player (thanks to smozoma for his posts on pointers)

*Advantages based on last season

*Player portrait and logo palettes altered to better reflect team colors

*5, 7, 10 minute periods (no 20 minute periods)

The ratings for rookies/new players and some of the jersey numbers for players (if they have changed) may not be fully accurate. Let me know if I should change something (just be nice about it...)

Enjoy!

*NEW: version 3 now available! 2 versions of the ROM (regular uniforms and alternate uniforms)

NHL \'11 Altered.zip

NHL \'11 Altered (v2).zip

NHL 11 (version 3).zip

Edited by northstar91

thanks. see you have Savard, but not Sturm. also, Recchi and Wheeler should be flipped, I think.

got to keep that SNES ninety-flow dream alive, yo!

• 2 weeks later...

Coming next update (likely by end of the month or early next month):

* Carolina will be in Hartford's spot

* Nashville will be moved to Florida's spot (meaning Florida and Columbus will not be in the game)

* Updated lines, rosters, jersey numbers

* Adding "old-school" playoff brackets to list (think two-divisions back in the day)

* Edit 10-minute period bug

Edited by northstar91

what's the bug?

I'm getting "U5:30" instead of "10:00" for the time. I must have messed up the hex

you wrote 0258 (sega order) instead of 5802 (SNES order)

this makes the period 375:30 minutes long :)

if you let the game run, the U will actually become T, S, R, etc as time winds down.

Coming next update (likely by end of the month or early next month):

* Carolina will be in Hartford's spot

* Nashville will be moved to Florida's spot (meaning Florida and Columbus will not be in the game)

* Updated lines, rosters, jersey numbers

* Adding "old-school" playoff brackets to list (think two-divisions back in the day)

* Edit 10-minute period bug

You're doing a great job. I've played your hack a lot with pondhcky and grayto.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2 is up on the top post of the topic! Carolina's in, Florida's out, new playoff matchups added, lines adjusted, 10 minute period timer fixed, uniforms back to main home/away. It should be the (v2) zip file (I'm not sure how exactly to update a zip file on this message board.

Edited by northstar91

Jordan Caron is number 38. wish it had twenty-minute periods. thanks.

New SNES NHL '94 update for the beginning of the season! This release is new and better than ever thanks to some research done by myself and others on locations of data and pointers in the ROM!

Features

*28 teams (Florida, Columbus out)

*Updated rosters (including rookies, some injured, and possible call-ups)

*Ratings based on swos/mahavishnu's GENS version (rookies and new players were done myself, though not too thoroughly)

*Lines based on recent games

*(Mostly) full names for each player (thanks to smozoma for his posts on pointers)

*Advantages based on last season

*Player portrait and logo palettes altered to better reflect team colors

*5, 7, 10 minute periods (no 20 minute periods)

The ratings for rookies/new players and some of the jersey numbers for players (if they have changed) may not be fully accurate. Let me know if I should change something (just be nice about it...)

Enjoy!

Hey.

You should change Daniel Sedin's rating from 81 to the exact same as Henrik Sedin's.

Because they literally are the exact same player.

Infact if you look at their points / TOI, daniel's is SLIGHTLY higher.

I don't know what everyone's misconception about these two players are.

They're the same.

Except one is more of a goal scorer (daniel) and one is more of a play maker (henrik).

Also... Just a request. I was never a fan of taking out injured players. I think it's the absolute dumbest feature the EA franchise has picked up.

It's annoying to not play with the team's best players.

Would it be inconvenient to not just throw in the projected best lineups for each team?

Thanks dude.

Really awesome rom. Can't wait until I get something to play it on my SNES with.

Hey.

You should change Daniel Sedin's rating from 81 to the exact same as Henrik Sedin's.

Because they literally are the exact same player.

Infact if you look at their points / TOI, daniel's is SLIGHTLY higher.

I don't know what everyone's misconception about these two players are.

They're the same.

Except one is more of a goal scorer (daniel) and one is more of a play maker (henrik).

Also... Just a request. I was never a fan of taking out injured players. I think it's the absolute dumbest feature the EA franchise has picked up.

It's annoying to not play with the team's best players.

Would it be inconvenient to not just throw in the projected best lineups for each team?

Thanks dude.

Really awesome rom. Can't wait until I get something to play it on my SNES with.

* I just took the ratings from Swos' and Mahavishnu's latest ROM update, so that's why Henrik is currently higher than Daniel (recall that Daniel was out for quite a bit last season)

* As far as the injured players, it's sort of a personal preference to play with players currently on the roster. I've tried to retain injured players (Savard, Sturm, Lupul, etc.) as long as I have the space to do so (plus, you can't really have more than 15 forwards on a team based on the way the game is coded).

For the next update, I am considering removing the Islanders and replacing them with Columbus (because let's face it, NYI isn't going anywhere and CBJ is surprisingly good). Other fixes will accompany; not sure when it'll be done, though (maybe by the end of the month)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I was wondering what you used to edit the rom??

I want to edit your rom (if you don't mind) to adjust the ratings differently.

Also not a fan of not having the starters on each team because they're injured.

I tried using Statto's editor, and I just get a bunch of errors, and the text is in a weird language...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tavares has 52 Points and Nash has 56 points so as far as that is concerned it is close. Are they doing poorly overall? Yes. Saying they going nowhere.. that must have been a slip of the tongue because this team is building quite nicely and in a couple of years should be pretty good.

Edited by Lebowski42