NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 05 - Season 5 started!

smozoma

Ready, Set, Go!

The season is starting now!

For those who are new....

YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR SAVEGAME TO THE WEBSITE FOR YOUR GAME TO COUNT.

Refresh yourself with the Rules/How To Play/etc

Website

1. The league website is http://www.blitz94.com
    • Use the "A" and "B" league links at the very top of the page to switch the mode of the page, depending on which league you are in.

[*]You can check your schedule and upload games from http://www.blitz94.com/upload.aspx

Your password is the same as your username (check the Standings for it). If you want it changed, just tell me the new password you want to use.

Emulator, Saving, and Uploading Your Game

1. You need a custom emulator that can save during netplay:
  2. Get one of these emulators:

[*]When your game is over, go to "File->Quick Save (F5)" and save your game. You need to upload that save file to the website for your game to count. The F5 key doesn't work in Kega, but you can use the File menu.

[*]More details on uploading your game

The ROM

The ROM is available from the Blitz 94 downloads page, at the top.

ROM Details:

• Champions screen shows the 8 champs from the past 4 seasons.
  • Eric Lindros is the cover players this season, due to winning his second Blitz cup for the same team. The photo is a scan of my 1994 Score #1 card.
  • Teams belonging to the champs are the default teams.
  • Weight bug / check fix
  • Per-player check tracking
  • Assist bug fix
  • Updated Three Stars formula (goalies get stars once in a while without a shutout)
  • random Edit Lines bonuses removed (but the players still have hot/cold bonuses when on the ice)
  • goalies can roam a little bit farther without the puck (just a little bit)
  • slightly longer goalie whistle (2.67s instead of 2.33)
  • Plus-Minus

• Team bytes set:
    • Offense: Strongest
    • Defense: Strongest
    • PP: Average
    • PK: Strong
    • Home: Strong
    • Away: Average

[*]30-team ROM (thanks clockwise)

[*]Improved graphics (player shading, stick tape, etc) (thanks clockwise)

[*]Player card pictures set up (and this time Richter doesn't appear as a skater!)

[*]Preserved the "goalie byte" values (I have no clue if they actually do anything, though)

[*]Team overalls based on the overall ratings of the players on the team (weighted average favouring the ratings of your top players)

[*]Playoff draws edited so that you can do a playoffs against the other teams in your league (the finals will be vs a team from the other league, though!)

[*]Credits edited - thanks to Icestorm and mcarthurbsu33 for doing the rosters and some graphics editing, respectively.

I hope the guys in A won't be too lazy. The B guys are a lot more active than them.

I hope the guys in A won't be too lazy. The B guys are a lot more active than them.

Last season in A : 10 coaches played all their games while only 5 coaches in B did. WACK

EDIT : smozoma you are now smozoga, YOU ROCK

Edited by Zalex

Hey, some of the guys do slow down after a while. It gets a little hectic to get games in when they start to disappear for a few days.

With that +/- rating, either some players will skyrocket or they'll come crashing down to the ground.

how so?

Well, think about it, Smoz. Since our lineups aren't exactly big and we don't make many line changes (Unless you're Hokkee). When there's a big game you win like say, 6-1, your skaters will end up with +5. Conversely, if you lose 2-7, they'll get -5. You can get pretty high or pretty low, depending on how you fare.

Well, think about it, Smoz. Since our lineups aren't exactly big and we don't make many line changes (Unless you're Hokkee). When there's a big game you win like say, 6-1, your skaters will end up with +5. Conversely, if you lose 2-7, they'll get -5. You can get pretty high or pretty low, depending on how you fare.

Why does it matter? Obviously +/- is gonna be different from real life, since players don't play 60 minutes. It's a video game dude.

yeah having a guy that scores 109g in 44 games is way more realistic

this threads getting retarded

somebody make a blitz season 5 preview :o

habs why dont you make a season preview thread since your good at that kinda stuff

ah, i thought you were saying like individual players, not whole teams.

yeah, i saw that coming.. the hack is much more interesting for line change leagues.

Guys please check your teams jersey #'s next time and post to change them, I just played an AI match vs hartford and turgeon and coffey are both wearing #77.

whoops...

i'll have to update that later when i have time..