NHL'94 Forums

Official rule on desync?

crackawhat

So I'm up 3-1 late in the 2nd, and a desync comes along. I score a 4th goal with real ease, and my partner says the score is 3-2, my screen its 4-1, so clearly a desync. Now heres the problem; he wants to restart the game completely over, I want each of us to let in the correct amount of goals and wait to the specific time where we estimated the desync happened. What is the rule on this? Because if its simply "start all over" well thats kinda lame.

I guess it would depend on if other syncing issues altered earlier plays or if it was fine until then. your idea is fair unless earlier parts of the game were glitchy. if you can handle SNES and want to get some offlag games in, I'm fairly close over the Massachusetts border. with a Genesis, does scoring at 0:00 sometimes make the game explode? and how do you talk mad shit during onlag games?

Typically we work it out amongst oursleves. If you can reach an agreement what the score was before the desync, we usually start a new game 0-0 and play only the time remaining from the point of desync.

From the sound of your example, 3-1 would be a reasonable starting point in the new game. Once you finish playing it in the new game, you can either decide to save state there, sim the rest, or have the winner sim the entire game counting all the goals (desynched final score plus goals in restart).

Don't know what the 'offical' rule is but FPB and I had that issue the other night. We ended up just restarting from 0.

Typically we work it out amongst oursleves. If you can reach an agreement what the score was before the desync, we usually start a new game 0-0 and play only the time remaining from the point of desync.

From the sound of your example, 3-1 would be a reasonable starting point in the new game. Once you finish playing it in the new game, you can either decide to save state there, sim the rest, or have the winner sim the entire game counting all the goals (desynched final score plus goals in restart).

Don't know what the 'offical' rule is but FPB and I had that issue the other night. We ended up just restarting from 0.

What was the score in yours, and was it clear when the desync happened or very unclear? It was clear in ours; his score was 3-2 mine was 4-1. So clearly when we ds'd it was 3-1.

Well we had arguement over a goal.

Then on my point of things when we completed the game I tied, but on Ice's POV he won.

So we just restarded to 0 and he kicked my ass. As usual.

In this situation it makes sense to start over 0-0, since it appears you guys were tied when you desynced. You coulda either just tied it up with however much time left then played it out, or go with the 0-0. In my situation, we were absolutely synced when it was 3-1, and he wanted to start over.

I eventually convinced him to go 3-1 and let the clock run out of the 1st period.