NHL'94 Forums

SNWHA - season 2!

halifax

Welcome to the Super Nintendo World Hockey Association.

If you’re unfamiliar with the World Hockey Association, it was a professional hockey league that competed against the NHL during the 1970s, that enticed some NHL superstars to switch leagues for big money. Bobby Hull signed the first million dollar contract with the WHA's Winnipeg Jets.

About the League

The league will consist of 4 divisions of 7 teams. Each team will play an 18 game schedule against their division. The top four teams in each division make the playoffs. Playoffs will be a best of 7 format.

A coach will be responsible for 2 or 3 teams from separate divisions (so you'll play 36 to 54 regular season games).

Something Different

What happens if a coach has teams that will play each other in the conference final or AVCO cup final?

1. Coach 'A' will then have to select the team he wishes to use for that series.

2. He will then select a Coach from the division that the other team has come from to play as that team. Coach 'B' has then officially taken over that team.

3. Coach A can have as many home games as he wants for that series.

Example:

Coach A has Quebec and Winnipeg who meet in the AVCO cup finals. He elects to use Winnipeg for the cup finals. He then picks another coach from the division that Quebec came from to play against him in the finals (can be any one of the other 6 coaches from that division). Coach B has officially taken over Quebec. They play a best of 7 series in which Coach A has as many home games as he chooses.

please take the time to familiarize yourself with the league rules (I've adjusted rules #2 and #7 from last season.)

http://snwha.webs.com/leaguerules.htm

The rom will be the same as last year in terms of ratings, however xot82 has been kindly working on correcting some jersey numbers, players shooting hands and some weights. He assures me that the player ratings will not be changed :). So extra thanks to him for making those improvements.

Rom is here --- > http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11439

I will start the team draft (as per rule #2 change) sooner rather than later so we can get the league rolling as I hope to finish it by end of december early january. I don't have a lot of free time to play but I do have some time off from work here and there in december which is why I'm running another one.

Peace.

Never thought this league would appear again. Did you squeeze some time for it, Halifax?

I'm in. Time to show that I'm more than just a 1-series-and-out guy.

would it be safe to say you want three teams again bud?

since anything less would be uncivilized.

rightguard91charlesbarkley.jpg

Since I am new to SNWHA, what are the game settings?.... Line changes? Penalties? Period Length?

The settings are set as default for the league which are....line changes on, no pens, 5 mins.