NHL'94 Forums

I take the class-less cake of online leagues

matthurray

I think I must lack some online etiquette or something because I am getting all kinds of hate playing in these online NHL94 leagues.

Latest incident: playing 4 game series with dcicon in Blitz B League.

1st game. I win, post the 'gg' comment, and dcicon replies 'that game shouldn't count... I was thrown off by two 77's'. I have Paul Coffey and Pierre Turgeon - I never looked at the preseason rom to fix it, so it went by unnoticed. After pointing out the difference in '77D' and '77C', I still was called an idiot for not understanding his complaint. I felt pretty confident trucking this guy, so I offered to pull one of them. He liked this.

2nd game. I pull 77C, Turegon. He wins. s**t he must be right!

3rd game. I pull 77D, Coffey. I win. He says "that shouldn't count.. you offered to let me pick." He's right.... but I don't care and upload anyways. I feel like he might participate in special olympics for the medals.

4th game. I pull 77C like he asks. 19, Bradley gets a penalty when it's 3-3. 77C comes in off bench, and I score with Pierre. As guessed, he gets super pissed and calls bullshit. I disregard this as I find the notion of this game not counting ludicrous despite the fact that I did say I'd pull one of the guys.. which is in and of itself ludicrous. It's all ludicrous!!!

Anyways Smoz... there's this sitch. I've uploaded my wins... if you think I was a stinker, feel free to pull them down and I'll replay dcicon. If you think the numbering thing is a big enough issue to throw guys off their game, perhaps the rom needs an update. I was told it's "coaching 101" by dcicon.

sounds like dcicion invited maverickz over to play his games for him.

Also, if your gonna bench your 2nd star then he should bench modano or yzerman to compensate.

Double edit: I'm adding this too; hurray played 13 games with two 77's on the ice with no complaints from anyone (although I did point out the issue on the forums shortly after the season started).

Edited by crackawhat

sounds like dcicion invited maverickz over to play his games for him.

Also, if your gonna bench your 2nd star then he should bench modano or yzerman to compensate.

I think you are not understanding. The offer was made to me that I could bench a #77. The only point I am trying to put out there is that there was an offer to allow me to choose a #77 to sit and Matt went against his own word. He even admitted that he went against it in his post but didn't even care.

I think you are not understanding. The offer was made to me that I could bench a #77. The only point I am trying to put out there is that there was an offer to allow me to choose a #77 to sit and Matt went against his own word. He even admitted that he went against it in his post but didn't even care.

The original offer was full on retarded to begin with. He shouldn't have to make ANY compromises in a league game, unless there was a desync or something of that nature.

The original offer was full on retarded to begin with. He shouldn't have to make ANY compromises in a league game, unless there was a desync or something of that nature.

I am not arguing that at all. But he made the offer and didn't stand up to it. That is all I am trying to point out.

I don't want any replays or anything like that, just that an offer was made and it was not held up no matter how foolish it was.

I am not arguing that at all. But he made the offer and didn't stand up to it. That is all I am trying to point out.

I don't want any replays or anything like that, just that an offer was made and it was not held up no matter how foolish it was.

You are correct - I went against my word....kind of. Pierre came in after a penalty to Mr. Bradley. I didn't sub him in.

If you want to pursue an argument, pursue the "I got thrown off by two 77's." I don't see that perspective at all... but there are other people in this community that can back you up if that argument has any validity at all.

I think you need to second guess the "man up" statement since you are pursing the argument that you stand in the moral high ground because you are holding your opponent to play at a disadvantage. I offered it because A- you said you wouldn't play me again with two 77's and I didn't care to fuel a drama queen episode and B - I thought I'd kick your ass no problem without both of them. I underestimated you.. but I did take 3 of 4 so I'm happy :)

you Genesis guys are classy. talking shit during gameplay is one thing, but this is something else, for sure.

Edited by trudatman

and you have that guy. so you've got that going for you, which is....

Enough said, you admit you were wrong.

It's over.

Yea I'm not benching anyone anymore (it was dumb in the 1st place).... so if you have a problem with my two 77's in the future, you'd better get that addressed now instead of saying "it's over" because you feel you've won some moral victory over me. I can only stand being wrong so much.

Well, I think Matty is right here.

Tough I think the first game should have the option of getting avorted if someone declares the problem early in the game, AJ got 2 number 33's and it was confusing at times, but I decided to play along.

Altough, I admit i'm a real b***h to play at times, I just find it funny how some guys think they're all classier here.

At Trudatman: LOL it's easy to be ''classy'' if you just don't play online, even then you managed to piss off a good part of the board.

Yea I'm not benching anyone anymore (it was dumb in the 1st place).... so if you have a problem with my two 77's in the future, you'd better get that addressed now instead of saying "it's over" because you feel you've won some moral victory over me. I can only stand being wrong so much.

Totally agree, I have 3 #25's and i start two of them. if someone wants to complain to the level that dcicon did, then i just wont play them. matt, you broke your back for dcicon and got shafted, i would have never even considered accepting your offer of benching someone because that is just bush league.

I've been hella inactive lately, really taking an office space type of an approach not really giving two shits about my absense but I thought i'd come around to chime on this... I remember having multiple 33's and 16's during preseason and no one ever complained it through them off - that's just a flat out stupid excuse and a picture perfect example of why I have not been excited to sign on and play lately is because of all the whiny fags... whether ill finish off the season or not im still thinking about - ill let you fools know shortly but im sick of playing with a bunch of f**king babies - I never had a problem losing 11-0 to coaches who had class

I could see being confused for a little while, but the first time 77D passed to 77C it should no longer have been an issue...

Complaints should be done early in games, too, not at the end.

Also, I'm surprised no one just said "I'll load up NOSE and change the numbers" instead of this benching players stuff.

Let's let the uploaded games stand and move on.

--

A couple weeks ago I meant to upload a new ROM with coffey as (i think) #7.. or 78... But forgot about it. Sorry about that.

You can get the updated Season 05 v2 v3 ROM now.

--

trudatman:

Stop posting in the Blitz league section. thanks.

this is retarded

but Smoz or whoever is making the lineups on blitz rom please try to review all the tms and check for multiple numbers, most tms do have em and it shouldnt take more than a few mins to review all the tms before final rom is released. Its a little annoying but it shouldnt completely throw off your game like dcicon is claiming.

Still tho cmon he shouldnt have to bench 1 of his top 2 players cause you cant figure out coffey skates way different than turd.

this is retarded

but Smoz or whoever is making the lineups on blitz rom please try to review all the tms and check for multiple numbers, most tms do have em and it shouldnt take more than a few mins to review all the tms before final rom is released. Its a little annoying but it shouldnt completely throw off your game like dcicon is claiming.

Still tho cmon he shouldnt have to bench 1 of his top 2 players cause you cant figure out coffey skates way different than turd.

no one can pay attention to what your saying habs, with that superbabe hahaha,oh man my wife will pay for thaT pic hahah

that's just a flat out stupid excuse and a picture perfect example of why I have not been excited to sign on and play lately is because of all the whiny fags... ill let you fools know shortly but im sick of playing with a bunch of f**king babies - I never had a problem losing 11-0 to coaches who had class

+1

I've been hella inactive lately, really taking an office space type of an approach not really giving two shits about my absense but I thought i'd come around to chime on this... I remember having multiple 33's and 16's during preseason and no one ever complained it through them off - that's just a flat out stupid excuse and a picture perfect example of why I have not been excited to sign on and play lately is because of all the whiny fags... whether ill finish off the season or not im still thinking about - ill let you fools know shortly but im sick of playing with a bunch of f**king babies - I never had a problem losing 11-0 to coaches who had class

make up ur mind u slacker,play or quit!!!

Edited by hokkeefan