NHL'94 Forums

Fighting

Nawrockstar

In NHL 98 it happens often enough, mostly when it comes between hitters and enforcers.

In NHL 98 it happens often enough, mostly when it comes between hitters and enforcers.

but he's asking about 97...

is this part of your plan to have the most posts on this forum? :D

my guess is that iceguy wants to be "THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME" on the forums including leagues and forum posts.

Anyways, as far as i know when i played 97 i've been in a few fights only and this is after playing in 5 and 10 min periods cuz i don't play 20 minutes due it it becoming boring and unbearable

It was just for comparison's sake. I haven't played the original game, but I might check into it.

Although, is the Fighting option on?

NHL '98 is basically a carbon copy of NHL'97, which is in turn a carbon copy of NHL '96, so he gets a pass on this one. At least for SEGA.

If I had to guess, I've probably played at least 1,500 games each on '96 and '98 for SEGA in my life, and I can say with confidence that

-Only certain players can fight

-You cannot fight in the first period

-Fights are initiated when two of the "chosen ones" make contact with each other (although this is not automatic).

-Derian Hatcher is the worst fighter in the game

Mind you, I've never played '97, so for all I know they could've turned it off randomly for one year. Which would be really dumb, and I can't imagine EA would ever get rid of fighting in the NHL series even though everybody loves it...

My suggestion would be to wait until the second period. When there's a face-off with a goon forward on the other team, line up one of your goons opposite to him. Win the face-off to that side. Wait for fireworks.

FUN FACT: if you pull the other guy's jersey enough times you will pull him to the ice, and then you can wail on his kidney while he's down.

Alright my essay is done.

I have played about 100 games with 10 minute periods, and I think I have had 1 at most 2 fights. It does anger me sometimes.

lol philadelphia

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've played a lot of NHL 97 (GEN), and I don't think I've ever seen a fight.

Maybe they took it out that year?

Or maybe the team I play as (Anaheim) just doesn't have any enforcers?

Anaheim only has 2 fighters; Baumgartner and Ewen. NHL 96 had 4-6 fighters per team but in 97 several teams only had a pair of guys given this attribute.