NHL'94 Forums

Fall 2010 Classic Playoffs Begin!

chaos

OK, so here is what halifax and I have decided:

20 of 24 teams in GENS made the playoffs. The bottom 8 teams will play a best-of-5 series to determine the bottom 4 seeds, the 5th-12th seeds will play best-of-7 series, and the top 4 teams have a bye in this first round.

12 of 16 teams in SNES made the playoffs. The bottom 8 teams will play a best-of-5 series to determine the bottom 4 seeds, and the top 4 teams have a bye in this first round.

After NP (negative points) were deducted for missed games, there was not much movement, other than 3 teams in GENS dropped out of the standings, and the other (TB) was also removed.

You can check out the matchups here: GENS SNES

Since the rookies this year played strong in GENS and finished their games out with overwhelming odds against them (sucky teams), we wanted to at least give them a chance in the playoffs, for at least 1 round! B)

The matchups:

GENS:

(5) dexpsu83 vs. (12) rc69fab

(6) dcicon5148 vs. (11) sebe82

(7) hokkeefan2 vs. (10) maverick_z

(8) Zalex vs. (9) SuperDave

(13) Drake vs. (20) charrison

(14) Dragon vs. (19) Terrapin4J

(15) RedWingDevil vs. (18) thegaijin

(16) Perennial Choker vs. (17) kaykills

SNES:

(5) RedWingDevil vs. (12) hokkeefan2

(6) BobKudelski26 vs. (11) chaos

(7) Grayto vs. (10) pondhcky1

(8) prodigyof94 vs. (9) rc69fab

GENS Seeds:

(1) angryjay93

(2) Carse

(3) IcestormNHL94

(4) flasox24

(5) dexpsu83

(6) dcicon5148

(7) hokkee

(8) Zalex

(9) SuperDave

(10) maverick_z

(11) sebe82

(12) rc69fab

SNES seeds:

(1) angryjay93

(2) fenty62

(3) Shaftman

(4) xot82

Deadline for 1st round is going to be Tues. Nov. 30th.

Good luck to everyone!

I also want to make note that this season, with having just 1 GENS and 1 SNES league was just an idea to shake things up. Most likely next season we will go back to different league levels.

Bump. I added the middle seeds' games to the playoff schedules, so they don't have to sit around and wait. They are up on the playoffs page as well.

Also, please let me know if there are any problems logging games. I had to make some changes to set up best-of-5 series and I did go through and check, but there still may be some bugs.

BTW chaos, there is a problem with how to log scores on the PHI-VAN series. I sent you a message about it. So you should get it soon enough

Deadline for 1st round is going to be Tues. Nov. 30th.

Just a reminder about this.

Any series that drag beyond that...and we might just randomly pick someone to move on to the next round.

Just a reminder about this.

Any series that drag beyond that...and we might just randomly pick someone to move on to the next round.

I'll have the computer play the games out for the unplayed series.

so top 4 seeds in gens A dont really have a bye, they just play there 1st round series after 5-12 play theirs and seeds 13-16 decided.

so what happens in round 2 is that winners of 5-12 matchups have a 'bye' week while 1-4 play 13-16.

so top 4 seeds in gens A dont really have a bye, they just play there 1st round series after 5-12 play theirs and seeds 13-16 decided.

so what happens in round 2 is that winners of 5-12 matchups have a 'bye' week while 1-4 play 13-16.

The bottom 8 teams have a play in series so that we will have a final 16. So you could say the top 12 had a bye. But since we already knew the match ups for those guys ranked 5 to 12, the matchups were set up as opposed to making them wait until those bottom 4 series were done.

so the winners that were ranked in the 5th to 12th seedings matchups will be "waiting" for you guys to play your series.

The bottom 8 teams have a play in series so that we will have a final 16. So you could say the top 12 had a bye. But since we already knew the match ups for those guys ranked 5 to 12, the matchups were set up as opposed to making them wait until those bottom 4 series were done.

so the winners that were ranked in the 5th to 12th seedings matchups will be "waiting" for you guys to play your series.

Those who are already in Round 2 (seeds 5 to 12) can ignore the deadline. Try to get the games in by next weekend, though.

sebe and I were able to get our games in. what a series with ny winning 4-2

NYR 5 WAS 3

NYR 3 WAS 4 OT(1)

WAS 0 NYR 8

WAS 8 NYR 1

NYR 10 WAS 4

WAS 3 NYR 4

cool but log yre games on site,but all 4 series are done lets get the rest going :D