NHL'94 Forums

ELITSERIEN 98

Bighab

Has anyone tried ELITSERIEN 95? I was fortunate to pick up two copies from a friend in Finland. Its a eruopean version on NHL95. Its based on the Swedish Elite league teams. There are 12 teams and 2 all-star teams to choose from. The cool thing is there are players in the game who haven't come to the NHL yet. Guys like Dick Tarnstrom(Pitt), Daniel Alfredsson(OTT) are two off the top of my head. They even have soem stars the left the NHL before 95. Former stars like Mats Naslund and Haken Loob. The gameplay is much more faster than NHL95. There is even a season mode with cool trophies too.

EDIT I put in the wrong year for the title.It should be 95 instead of 98.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I played it a lot when I first got my Mega Drive (Genesis for you folks over there).. Haven't noticed any conciderable speed differance though.. I truly loved that game back then. The only thing that was annoying me was that created players had their names CAPSED lol... Such a small thing to get annoyed with. heh

NHL 96 was better in some ways. Only the deke semed to have dissapeared, now the easiest goals were scored bottom corner by a slapshot from the blue line... Odd. :)

Yeah I played it a lot when I first got my Mega Drive (Genesis for you folks over there).. Haven't noticed any conciderable speed differance though..

On real hardware (e.g. a PAL/EUR Megadrive 50hz), the speed will seem normal. If you load the rom in an emulator and instruct the emulator to behave as a US/NTSC Genesis 60hz), then you'll surely notice the 17% percent speed up.

Well of course.. Heh. But I assumed he meant PAL Elitserien and PAL NHL... Of course there will be a differance if you use non standard regional settings. :P Anyway.

The deke move in 95 was really effective, so was the "drop".. In most other games the puck just gets dropped and goes in a random direction and you loose it. But in 95 you can set up the guy behind really good. So i.e. getting past the blueline, drop, make a deke with the other player and one of those side-to-side dekes, that was one really nice "combo". :) Aah, the days.

Only.. If only NHL 94 would have had season mode.. There would be NO COMPETITION what so ever from other hockey game! It would be so freakin unbeatable! Can't someone "buy" the code for NHL 94 and make a new, enhanced version? :unsure: Argh, then it would of course be done for Genesis and I'm a snes fan.. Darn it, I'm screwed either way ;)