NHL'94 Forums

The oh so elusive Century Club.

nate

After putting together 75 goals through the first two periods, I broke down in the face of unheard of AI dominance and managed to score only 20 goals in the remaining frame to leave me a heartbreakingly 5 goals shy of the century mark. Everything possible occured to prevent me from reaching 100 goals - at least 5 times I shot it over the net from point-blank range on what appeared to be sure goals, the d-man would miraculously get a stick on the puck after the goalie was beat and the shot was taken, I hit a half dozen posts, the tampa bay d-men turned into hitting monsters with my guys flying into the boards at the mere whiff of a black jersey.

Very frustrating end to a night which I was on pace to score 115 goals in... ah well, next time.

While I'm happy with Muller's 63 point night, I expected more from Damphousse who contributed a paltry 19 points.

95goals1.jpg

95goals2.jpg

95goals3.jpg

95goals4.jpg

Who here is a member of the century club?

You should've specified that it was nhlpa hockey, not 94. I almost swallowed my tounge :)

Never have reached 100, but I never played nhlpa hockey. I skipped from nhl to nhl94 & I don't even remember how many goals I scored on the original nhl.

Yes sir.. I emailed you saying these screenshots are good enough. We should have that on the records section soon.

I haven't really touched that section in a while, I'll try to get it updated with other records people sent as well.

-Evan

My bad, I'm not used to seeing the SNES version & I saw "NHLPA" so I assumed. Is the SNES version easier to score in? 95 in 20 min periods seems like an extraordinary score. The Gen record on this site is 34 for 10 min periods. That seems like a hell of an increase.

I haven't really touched that section in a while, I'll try to get it updated with other records people sent as well.

-Evan

I didn't want to sound pushy, but my 40 goal Gen game hasn't been posted. No big hurry, but I hope it'll make it on the site before it's broken :) Even though it seems paltry compared to the SNES numbers here.

Yesterday night I gave it a shot.

Set the clock on 20 min, picked the Blackhawks and played Florida (what a team full of wankers those Florida guys)

I scored 57 goals only :)

On the bright side....at least they did not score in my goal ;)

best i ever had was 64, in 10 minute periods on the gens one. So i guess that was on pace for the century mark. Of course that was in my prime, i could never pull it off now. You should make a whole forum section for posting records. And on the record page maybe a page dedicated to just the online leauge records, those would be far more impressive to hold then just playing the computer.

best i ever had was 64, in 10 minute periods on the gens one. So i guess that was on pace for the century mark. Of course that was in my prime, i could never pull it off now. You should make a whole forum section for posting records. And on the record page maybe a page dedicated to just the online leauge records, those would be far more impressive to hold then just playing the computer.

A records area for the boards may be a good idea if it's going to be too difficult for the mods to keep the records page up to date. I'm don't want to complain, but the records page has fallen so far behind that this seems like the best option. I also think it would foster more individual player records to be posted, which would be fun.

Ok, ok, ok.... easy on the mods hehe. If you guys want to start posting in a thread that's great. I'm sorry I haven't been able to put much time into the nhl94.com website. It isn't going anywhere, but if you wanna post records please by all means go for it.

-Evan

Ive eclipsed the century mark at least twice on my old Genesis (RIP) back in the 90's, with 20 minuite periods while using the all star teams.

I remember the key for me was winning faceoffs and making quick outlet passes right off the draw into the offensive zone. Of course it was probably against the sitting ducks or some other bum team like the sens.

• 2 months later...

Nick, if true, that's solid!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried this this week, and it is what led me to join this forum. I scored 109. SNES NHL 94. 20 minute periods. ASE vs. AMD. pulled goalie. I love this game!

did it again today. SNES console. 102. ASE vs. ANH. my goalie pulled (which gave me Turgeon). Bourque got injured in the 3rd, slowing my pace a bit. L-Mogilny, C-SuperMario, R-Recchi(?), LD-Bourque, RD-Iafrate, Dsubs-Stevens until I noticed he was in, then Wesley who contributed very little (was subbed on the right with Iafrate moved to the left). I was 0/2 in one-timers. I'd say ~65% were dekes scored on the left, coming in diagonally from the left (right of goalie, from the defensive point-of-view). ~15% were the opposite direction (slightly more when I was heading downscreen for the middle period) and ~20% were cut-acrosses. I intend to upload screenshots when my roommate shows me how to use his camera/computer uploading processes. the tricks are: reload until Hebert is rated 62 (I think he was 64 for this one) and ASE are "playing extremely well" and your intended players are listed as hot and theirs are cold. pull your goalie. let them score if the get into your zone. it takes many tries to get the perfect ratings setup and I had no patience for that today. not as good as my 109 from earlier this week, but breaking 100 can be done. I try to get a goal every thirty seconds and I keep track of how far off of that pace I am for the current period. I find it harder with ASW (I get to about 94 goals with them). rock on with a sock on.

• 1 month later...

111. no intentions of trying the new contest.