NHL'94 Forums

Philly's goal song in NHL 94

deskeater

• 4 weeks later...

I tried finding it out too but no luck so far. I really only know a few of the song names. I wish someone somewhere would post all the names to the songs on this site. It's only fitting. I think this site really has everything besides the song names from the game. Which is ironic since the organ is one of the things that makes nhl '94. Maybe it is posted somewhere already, i don't know, I've been away for awhile. I think a thread should be made, if not already, and have people contribute their knowledge to finding out these names.

these are the ones I know:

here come the hawks- blackhawks theme

brass bonanza- whalers theme

Tarantella Napoletana- italian

hava nagila- jew

what would you do with a drunken sailor?

when the saints go marching in- blues theme

the sabre dance- buffalo theme

les canadiens sont la- montreal theme

these are ones off the top of my head.

which ones do you know?

I know 2 of those:

The Blue Danube - San Jose Sharks

Birthday - Calgary and Los Angeles. Don't ask me why they both have it.

I know 2 of those:

The Blue Danube - San Jose Sharks

Birthday - Calgary and Los Angeles. Don't ask me why they both have it.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I didn't think of the Beatles. That is too cool. Both those songs. Thanks man. I betcha my buds won't figure it out either. Next time they come over and we decide to play I'm picking Calgary.

As far as the blue danube, i would've never known that. Although it's a song I heard a thousand times growing up, like the other classicals.

Deskeater,

I figured it out. It's called "Theme from Zorba the Greek." It took me hours to find the names of these songs. I was using the sega cd organ tracks that I downloaded and going through them one by one. Eventually, I was listening to them so much that they all started to sound the same. I had to take a break. And some of them are, a lot of repeats.

I can't believe how much time I spent in front of a computer doing this. I know it means nothing to you guys (rom editors and such), but coming from a guy like me with limited computer skills I almost impressed myself. I can only imagine how much time and hard work all of you computer nerds put into NHL '94 developing roms, hacks, edits, etc. to make this great game even greater. I want to thank all of you guys for doing this. You have to be able to evolve to survive. And by you guys doing that stuff is taking '94 into the future.

Anyway, not to hijak this guys thread but I'm thinking of posting a thread on what I came up with so far. What do you guys think? I believe the organ in this game is an overlooked reason why we love it so much. Don't believe me, play it with the "mute" on. Throw on some stereo. My friend does this and it drives me crazy. My team and I can't hear the organ and as a result our game suffers. I don't know, maybe he gets sick of hearing the "Sabre Dance" over and over due to Moegs rifling them top shelf. I couldn't find any other threads about the music from '94 so am deciding to make an "official '94 organ thread." Unless I overlooked something. This way, who knows, some Noob might join who was in band class and knows the names to the songs I couldn't figure out yet. We all can contribute.

Anyone have a smart phone? can Shazam identify some of these songs? It's an app that will try to identify songs (say you're in a bar and a good song is on.. you whip out your phone, activate shazam, and it tells you the song..)

http://www.shazam.com/

Deskeater,

I figured it out. It's called "Theme from Zorba the Greek." It took me hours to find the names of these songs. I was using the sega cd organ tracks that I downloaded and going through them one by one. Eventually, I was listening to them so much that they all started to sound the same. I had to take a break. And some of them are, a lot of repeats.

I can't believe how much time I spent in front of a computer doing this. I know it means nothing to you guys (rom editors and such), but coming from a guy like me with limited computer skills I almost impressed myself. I can only imagine how much time and hard work all of you computer nerds put into NHL '94 developing roms, hacks, edits, etc. to make this great game even greater. I want to thank all of you guys for doing this. You have to be able to evolve to survive. And by you guys doing that stuff is taking '94 into the future.

Anyway, not to hijak this guys thread but I'm thinking of posting a thread on what I came up with so far. What do you guys think? I believe the organ in this game is an overlooked reason why we love it so much. Don't believe me, play it with the "mute" on. Throw on some stereo. My friend does this and it drives me crazy. My team and I can't hear the organ and as a result our game suffers. I don't know, maybe he gets sick of hearing the "Sabre Dance" over and over due to Moegs rifling them top shelf. I couldn't find any other threads about the music from '94 so am deciding to make an "official '94 organ thread." Unless I overlooked something. This way, who knows, some Noob might join who was in band class and knows the names to the songs I couldn't figure out yet. We all can contribute.

Holy s**t man, thanks so much. I couldn't figure this out for the life of me. I've heard this song play at stadiums before, but I could never come close to finding it. I checked a page on this site and found a Sega CD track list, and this song was labeled "Charge Music", so I thought it was just a generic song. Thanks again man!

Holy s**t man, thanks so much. I couldn't figure this out for the life of me. I've heard this song play at stadiums before, but I could never come close to finding it. I checked a page on this site and found a Sega CD track list, and this song was labeled "Charge Music", so I thought it was just a generic song. Thanks again man!

you're welcome. I went on you tube and typed it in and came across a couple versions that really didn't sound like the philly song but believe me it is called that. check here at about the 1:20 mark :

BTfriggin'W, what sega cd page are you talking about? please send me the link. I looked everywhere in the forums.

and if you really like that song that much, why don't you AIM me, I'll be Philly (I'll even leave Lindros in) and you'll have nightmares of this song in your head when you sleep.

I married a Greek girl, does that count?

you crazy molaka! Hey anyone out there know where this page is that desk eater is talking about?: "I checked a page on this site and found a Sega CD track list..."

*******Update*****

I ran out of ideas for the remaining songs I couldn't figure out. So I decided to ask for a little help, from this man:

Yea that's Frank Pellico.

Here's my email:

"Hello Frank,

My name is Comeback King from Chicago and I have an unusual request for you. I've been playing this arcade game called NHL '94 since I was a kid when it came out for the Sega Genesis. I am also a member of the NHL '94 fan club/community where a bunch of guys like me from around the world still play this old game. This game was the first hockey game to include many organ tracks recorded from actual arenas (76 of them I believe) including "Here Come the Hawks!" My question is I need some help Frank in identifying the names of about 3-4 organ songs. I did my homework and figured out a bunch of the names already (mostly classical) but cannot for the life of me and the community can we name the rest since there are no words. Then I thought of you. I'm 31 years old and a lifelong Blackhawks fan who needs help if you have the time. We could figure something out later how I can email you the sound clips.

Thanks,

Comeback King"

- Was I right about the # of songs in the game? 76? Again, came across it somewhere now I can't find it anywhere on this forum. It's written on the box I think if anyone still has there's easily available.

**********UPDATE #2************

Got a call from the Blackhawks front office and they "say" Frank Pellico will be calling me next home game.

Which is tonight against the f'in redwings. Weird thing is, I'm beginning to hate Vancouver more than detroit if that's possible. At least Detroit plays a good hard game where Vancouver starts pulling hair and Louongo starts his theatrical diving at every Hawk that skates past him. But his b.s. works, I'll give him that, he gets the penalties called. Anyway, we'll see if I get the call. He probably thinks I'm some nerd. I doubt it but it was worth a shot.

Once someone emails me that mysterious page I'll go ahead and plug in my remaining songs I discovered adn whatever ones we have left will be our homework.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello hello hello?

can anyone tell me where that page is? team moderator?

no luck with Pellico. I didn't think so but it was worth a shot. anyway I have a couple of songs I found left to post. but I need that page to see what we already have, what we are already working with.